Younger Now era has ended

Bradley

Featured Posts

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Illuminati
56 minutes ago, JamesFox said:

You mean album eras are getting shorter if the album isn’t a commercial success. Reputation is gonna have at least 5 videos. 

True but streaming does shorten the eras. Taylors team always releases like a tour single/video so it's always an extra single. With the rumored release of a platinum edition early next year I wouldn't be surprised if the only reason reputation era has more singles would be because of that. I miss long eras

The Child

Oh I truly miss 2008-2009-2010-2011, those years had such long eras such as Loud, Teenage Dream, Born This Way, Femme Fatale and all :giveup:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Sirius094

You have to blame Spotify and this new streaming era. There is a lack of interest for buying singles when the album is already out. It makes sense: why should I buy a song when I can listen it on spotify whenever I want?

Taylor can release a lot of singles because Reputation at the moment isn't on spotify (altough this Era is less successful)

Pem Pem Perempem Pem Pem Pem

sweet spot

melodrama has 3 singles (green light, perfect places and homemade dynamite) and learn to let go (kesha) was made a single :poot:

Eighteen

idk why artists don't whip out their iphones or buy a DSLR and film and shoot a down home video for extra singles they want to put out. i mean ****'s easy to do

Bradley
8 minutes ago, supercut said:

melodrama has 3 singles (green light, perfect places and homemade dynamite) and learn to let go (kesha) was made a single :poot:

Homemade Dynamite doesn't even have a video. Also 3 isn't a big number. Still Kesha's second single was not promoted at all. :emma:

MonsterPaws
1 hour ago, WitnessEye said:

Eras are getting shorter because new pop music albums are flopping hard. Seems like pop is not a thing anymore. Just look at the Billboard 100. You can find latino and trap in top 10. It's so sad. Even Taylor's new album isnt succesful as her previous release (LWYMMD #1 3 wks RFI #4). I hope that next music year will do better.

Didn't reputation hit a 1M in a week with essentially 0 promo? (just her "reappearance" on Instagram and SNL).

So far Taylor is the only one who can sell albums rn :( 

If you´re not Beyoncé ,Taylor Swift and Adele ,Rihanna then you will have to struggle to have a platinum album.

Each one of them has a strong  target group,whether in album sales/streamings or singles sales/streaming.

ryanripley

Rainbow had 4 videos but it all depends on sucess tbh

gaga didn’t need more singles with the SB etc

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

ryanripley
40 minutes ago, Eighteen said:

idk why artists don't whip out their iphones or buy a DSLR and film and shoot a down home video for extra singles they want to put out. i mean ****'s easy to do

they would get draggedt

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

TEETHTEETH
2 hours ago, FRANK1991 said:

But I also love that new Kendrick [Lamar] song [“Humble”]: “Show me somethin’ natural like ass with some stretch marks.” I love that because it’s not “Come sit on my ****, suck on my cock.” I can’t listen to that anymore. That’s what pushed me out of the hip-hop scene a little. It was too much “Lamborghini, got my Rolex, got a girl on my cock” -- I am so not that.

Say cock again 

xlLDbA.gif

PaperIz

She never said any of this though. Plus Miley never releases a lot of singles. She has been promoting Bad Mood though 

Archived