đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga needs to return to trailblaze on LG6

lucastecala

Featured Posts

DonnieDarko
1 minute ago, TheodoreRx said:

Why does being risk-taking or trailblazing mean doing the exact same kind of trailblazing she did before? 

Does it? I don’t think I’ve said that.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/21/2017 at 9:26 PM, MaryJaneHolland said:

I have so many things to say, I don't know how to gather them all in a post and make it sound smart and make sense :air:

First of all, yes! I need LG6 to be trailblazing, groundbreaking and her undeniably very best. I said this a couple of times already, I'm tired of Born This Way being my favorite album by hers, I need something new which will be her best without any doubt. I want her to put emphasis on her as a musician and not make "safe" music. But, all of that wrapped with catchy pop melodies and hooks. Do these match? Does this make sense? Because, lets be real here, she NEEDS a worldwide hit. People who say she doesn't need and and that she's (way) above that are drop dead delusional. Her worldwide hits span from 2008 to 2013, that's 5 years. No, she's not a legend, in order to cement that legendary status, she needs hits, sales, attention to her music, because first and foremost, she's a pop star. She can't forever fall back on Bad Romance and Poker Face, right? I also want her to be hungry for fame, success and attention as she used to be til like 2010/11. It adds up to the whole "Gaga" image.

Another thing is... her team :air: I don't know, what are they thinking, but some of them need to close the door from the other side, to leave. She needs to let professional people to do things for her, not her friends or whatever. The easiest example for this would be the visuals this era and I would repeat myself for the 1000th time expressing hate towards Ruth Hogben, just watch the videos of the Joanne era and you would understand. She needs to realize that her videos play a big role in the success of her singles. Hell, aren't they what brought her the most attention? She needs to bring back the shock factor in them.

This being said, I still love her as I did the first day, but she needs to really get her act together about some things.

xoxo :bon:

I think I love you :giveup: agree with everything you wrote

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

TheodoreRx
10 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

Does it? I don’t think I’ve said that.

Maybe I misread your post, but I got the vibe that you think Gaga returning back to being a trailblazer would be her repeating something she's already done. 

DonnieDarko
5 minutes ago, TheodoreRx said:

Maybe I misread your post, but I got the vibe that you think Gaga returning back to being a trailblazer would be her repeating something she's already done. 

You def did misread that. I was replying to a post that said it's visible that she is coming back to her schtick after the Super Bowl, which takes time etc. I have troubles with agreeing on that, since I honestly think there's no schtick. Joanne was pure Gaga, C2C was pure Gaga, heck every Gaga album was pure Gaga. She's just constantly evolving.

The fanbase seem to be stuck in 2009 and wanting her to go back to her old ways and most of the fanbase are confusing those two - going back to her schtick or whatever is not going back to her being a trailblazer. She is a trailblazer regardless.

voidfigure

Tbh I don't care about her being relevant on the pop scene. She makes incredible music and I want her to experiment, I'm fine with that. 

aaronyoji

i don't think she needs to necessarily make mainstream sounding pop nor underground obscure music, i think either way as long as she's curving pop culture towards a different direction inadvertently, its a success. 

just think about the way the CNN documentary was describing her burst onto the scene "it was no longer okay to just wear a pretty gown, you had to make art, a statement" or something. if she can get everyone else to look around and think "lets do better, this isnt enough and pop music isn't enough anymore" then you have early gaga level success.... 

Judas Society

I feel like Taylor and Adele are huge sellers but I don't consider them to be trailblazers in any way. They wouldn't really remember what she did a few years from now except that she is a likeable and bankable singer songwriter. I agree that Gaga needs to start stepping up her game to make more cultural impact with her music though. 

Archived