💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Gaga's team know she would win?

BoomKack

Featured Posts

BoomKack

From 3:10 onwards.

So they start showing the broadcast from the AMAs, listing off the nominees.

The group of fans are already there with an award.

Gaga doesn't seem startled by the fact her performance has just been taken over by Ansel Elgort's and Yara Shahidi's booming voices from above.

Could you imagine they had announced Rihanna as the winner? The absolute embarrassment that would unfold... :selena:

Surely this must mean it Gaga was confirmed the winner long before the concert?

Was Gaga aware of this?

Just to clarify: I've always been aware of awards shows being bias and jokes about how people buy awards - but I didn't realise it was this serious :duck:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WildAmerican

They literally always know, they wouldn't've shown it if she wasn't going to win. They've known for weeks, they do at every award show.

BoomKack
Just now, pedrohemg said:

Of course they knew. Gaga literally pretended to be shocked.

Then maybe she does deserve an oscar after all @samsmith

oheyitso

Gaga litro only performed because she was gonna win, it was easy bit of promo that didn't require much and every little helps in fuelling her image, so yeah deffo

Tan Fei

maybe the team knows but not Gaga? and they wan to surprise her on stage ?  even if she knew beforehand she will still feel the emotions when she sees the fans all cheering for her in the crowd.......................anyway this is not about buying award. this is a fan voted award.  that is why she said the award is for her little monsters...    

AndrewGr

Of course they knew. I don't know if they knew it hours or days before the ceremony but it's obvious. They had the livestream ready, the award, they knew what time they were going to stop the show, and the presenters knew that they were going to connect with DC. It's the same when people pre-record a video as their acceptance speech.

I'm fairly sure even we knew she was going to win a few days ago. It was a fan voted award which was done by counting hashtags on Twitter, and when the voting closed last week, people could see that Gaga got the most hashtag votes by quite a large amount. 

BoomKack
2 minutes ago, AndrewGr said:

It's the same when people pre-record a video as their acceptance speech.

I always thought they got all the people who couldn't attend to record a video :shrug:

Tan Fei
4 minutes ago, BoomKack said:

I always thought they got all the people who couldn't attend to record a video :shrug:

but since shes doing the performance  live from her tour already why still prerecord the speech . might as well give a live speech

elijahfan

Of course they knew - one doesn't improvise a televized acceptance speech just like that, and the award didn't materialize itself in the arena by magic :laughga:

But it's entirely possible her team might have kept the outcome secret to her up until the very last minute.

Archived