'DWAS' MUSIC VIDEO OUT NOW
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

AMAS: Bad Vocal Day or Illness?

KarmaPolice

Featured Posts

Stewful2929

I bet it was so hot on stage w all those fireworks during the cure plus smoke maybe too. I thought she did good overall! Her outfit was hot too.

KarmaPolice
7 minutes ago, ony31 said:

she is sick...u know?..she is a human being....that's the downside of singing live all the time...she gets sick and she wont sound 100% good all the time.  Most of u talk and u cant even sing...so u clearly dont know how much a cold can affect your vocals.

LOL. I'm a classical trained tenor. Listening to Gaga, I got to know her tecnique so much, especially in the last few years, and I think I can recognize when something's off with her vocals. 

BTW I already said I wasn't hating or anything...

DoremonLove

I dont know anything about singing. I m not even a bathroom singer:selena: so she sounds perfectly good to me:rockstar:

How can anoyone not love gaga

I noticed that her vocals were slaying during first part of The Cure and all of a sudden she got really nasal during the second half :emma: 

Rhiannon74

Besides being nervous/anxious for the AMAs, perhaps Azzedine Alaïa's death affected her a lot emotionally/mentally, hence she wasn't as focused or whatever... She can do better, but considering the circumstances... Proud of her for being so strong :golfclap:

KarmaPolice
6 minutes ago, Robot said:

I noticed that her vocals were slaying during first part of The Cure and all of a sudden she got really nasal during the second half :emma: 

She always has problems performing The Cure since it's mostly Head Voice and she doesn't use it that much. And yes, usually when she goes nasal she has a cold. :D

I noticed with a few videos that she was slightly off, too (I study music sometimes, idk if that gives me clout lmao).

While she was a little pitchy during The Cure (mostly with head and falsetto), I feel like she pretty much stayed in scale. The belts, and the piano portion in general, were all fine.

But, during LoveGame after her AMA win, she seemed almost consistently a whole semitones lower than she should have been hitting. It just seemed odd that it wasn't a belt or two, but almost the whole song. Her technique was as fine as ever, but maybe her earpiece wasn't as good?

3 points in and ready for more

djBuffoon

Her voice sounded tired and hoarse, don't necessarily mean that she's sick. Her energy seemed to be through the roof, and really sold it.

I would say she was more exhausted than sick. Probably cause her main focus last night was to do the AMA performance without any flaws.

ferretti

She might've been sick, but I thought she sounded great, and I think for the AMA performance, she sounded much better in person than in that video. Even in my video from the floor I feel she sounds much better.

disco stick tester, inquire within

Archived