💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga talks about new album at final Australian show

Alijandro

Featured Posts

nativenewyorker

I think she's gonna write more personal songs. Like, songs that will take us deeper into her mind and show who she is as a person as opposed to an activist. With Born This Way, she wrote songs for the rest of the world, not herself.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alijandro

• vinceBTW

• Miel

• HeavyPunkLover

Well Jeff was right about the album being more based on the tour with the whole kingdom aspect

Unfortunately, with today's music 'Fun' IS generic. Everyone is trying to be 'fun', relatable and safe. It's getting old. Gaga's music never resonated 'Fun', with the exception of 'Just Dance'.

I'm still trying to figure out what exactly people mean by 'Mature', what's so 'mature' about BTW? The music/production was edgier and felt deep but that doesn't mean mature.

I liked the topics in BTW, it was different then what's out now. She should continue to stray away from trends because that will always be best for her.

I'm just sick of seeing people saying BTW was too inspirational, preachy etc. When I see that I just feel a certain way. Less mature doesn't mean generic, but I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how BTW is labeled mature in the first place. Lol

Electric Chapel? Bloody Mary? The Edge Of Glory? I'm just asking because I don't hear it. It's a step up from TFM and I want her next album to be a step up from BTW not declining back down.

We'll agree to disagree.

Well, this is how I see it.

Born This Way is a loud and heavy album. It's made this way, that's the point. It's not a bubblegum/summer friendly pop production. The production is really complex, heavy and noisy. A bit like some rock/metal jams sometimes. This give the album a whole strong dark heaviness IMO.

Also, the topics cover mature and serious issues. Accepting yourself, finding the real you and being proud of it. Bullying, differences, s-xual orientations. It's a loud in-your-face statement of acceptance. Born This Way is probably the only Top 40 songs preaching about transgender !

On top of it, some lyrics are really complex and layered. Just look at The Queen, You and I or Bloody Mary for example. Not the type of lyrics content you would see in typical pop songs. Many figure of speech and meaning sometimes.

So combine a dark/heavy production with mature topics and mostly well thought lyrics and you got, I think, the "mature" everyone is talking about.

Born This Way is mature to me.

And going more on the bright funny side would be a bit of fresh air for Gaga and also to regain her ultimate slayage on the radio à la Bad Romance (even if most of BTW single were good radio hits)"

HeavyPunkLover

Are we still talking about music or poetry? ABBA have based their kingdom on Catchy Songs with OVER-POOR lyrics.

If the melody is **** the song is ****... even if you talk about the DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPEST THING in the world.

Stop talking about lyrics (for now) and hope to get some good music that make you vibe and dream and cry. Even if she is just sayin' "Where are my keys. I lost my phone" or "Stop calling Stop calling" or "I can be your girl girl girl girl girl girl" or... ok... i've made my point here.

Don't you agree? I mean Judas IS TERRIFIC! But to understand every single part of it I had to spend my day on Wikipedia (I know almost nothing about religion)

I need to dance, I need to feel my body vibe, I need to dream, I need to cry, I need to be happy. I wont be so worry about the level of deepness of the lyrics.

"Just because you know my name, doesn't mean you know my game"

RAMROD

Good news either way. The layers is now opening one by one. Only 1 months to go before September comes!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Good news either way. The layers is now opening one by one. Only 1 months to go before September comes!

2 months. July just started

Free Monster

I never understand why people go "I hope the new music sounds like TF or TFM." If you want music off of TF or TFM, just listen to TF or TFM. Why hope for a second-rate knockoff?

Also, Gaga seems happier than ever now on the BTWB :). I'm glad she's having some fun.

Are you kidding? She was waayyyyyyyyyyyyyy happier on the monster ball tour. Way.

Miel

Are we still talking about music or poetry? ABBA have based their kingdom on Catchy Songs with OVER-POOR lyrics.

If the melody is **** the song is ****... even if you talk about the DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPEST THING in the world.

Stop talking about lyrics (for now) and hope to get some good music that make you vibe and dream and cry. Even if she is just sayin' "Where are my keys. I lost my phone" or "Stop calling Stop calling" or "I can be your girl girl girl girl girl girl" or... ok... i've made my point here.

Don't you agree? I mean Judas IS TERRIFIC! But to understand every single part of it I had to spend my day on Wikipedia (I know almost nothing about religion)

I need to dance, I need to feel my body vibe, I need to dream, I need to cry, I need to be happy. I wont be so worry about the level of deepness of the lyrics.

I feel the exact opposite. While I do think the rhythm and melody are crucial, I feel like the lyrics are just as. Maybe lyrics aren't exactly more memorable than the melody, but that's what makes it or breaks it for me in a song.

I would really hate if Gaga came out with a great beat and **** lyrics.

Are you kidding? She was waayyyyyyyyyyyyyy happier on the monster ball tour. Way.

I say in some shows of the BTWB she looks happier than MB, and the same the other way around.

I think she's gonna write more personal songs. Like, songs that will take us deeper into her mind and show who she is as a person as opposed to an activist. With Born This Way, she wrote songs for the rest of the world, not herself.

Interesting way to put it.

3 points in and ready for more

marrythedark23

The Eras

THE FAME: The journey to achieving Fame and notoriety without losing who you are.

THE FAME MONSTER: Achieving Fame and the problems that come along with it.

BORN THIS WAY: Accepting responsibility as a leader, and empowering those who brought her to Fame.

NEXT ALBUM: The "immaturity" of Fame, aka the Lindsay Lohan lifestyle and how that path can lead to destruction. Fame kills

HeavyPunkLover

I feel the exact opposite. While I do think the rhythm and melody are crucial, I feel like the lyrics are just as. Maybe lyrics aren't exactly more memorable than the melody, but that's what makes it or breaks it for me in a song.

I would really hate if Gaga came out with a great beat and **** lyrics.

I say in some shows of the BTWB she looks happier than MB, and the same the other way around.

Interesting way to put it.

What if I say to you: RAH RAH AH AH AH ROMA-RO-MA-MA GAGA UH LALA....

This is maybe the most known lyrics of Lady Gaga...

http://www.raraahahahromaromamagagaoohlala.com/ love this

Edited by TeoX85

Miel

http://www.raraahaha...agaoohlala.com/ love this

But that's not the whole song. It's a great part, yeah, but the song itself has some very insightful and thoughtful lyrics. Songs like Telephone are kind of iffy for me; it's a great track to party to and feel, but once I sit down and listen to it I can't take it seriously.

Watch the new album be called "Psychological Warfare."

Ohhhhhh yes.

3 points in and ready for more

HeavyPunkLover

But that's not the whole song. It's a great part, yeah, but the song itself has some very insightful and thoughtful lyrics

Indeed! My point is that a great song doesn't not always come with deep and meaningful lyrics. That's why I think the melodies are the most important think right now. And I totally understand your point of view. I was just trying to clarify mine :-)

iMonster

Well, this is how I see it.

Born This Way is a loud and heavy album. It's made this way, that's the point. It's not a bubblegum/summer friendly pop production. The production is really complex, heavy and noisy. A bit like some rock/metal jams sometimes. This give the album a whole strong dark heaviness IMO.

Also, the topics cover mature and serious issues. Accepting yourself, finding the real you and being proud of it. Bullying, differences, s-xual orientations. It's a loud in-your-face statement of acceptance. Born This Way is probably the only Top 40 songs preaching about transgender !

On top of it, some lyrics are really complex and layered. Just look at The Queen, You and I or Bloody Mary for example. Not the type of lyrics content you would see in typical pop songs. Many figure of speech and meaning sometimes.

So combine a dark/heavy production with mature topics and mostly well thought lyrics and you got, I think, the "mature" everyone is talking about.

Born This Way is mature to me.

And going more on the bright funny side would be a bit of fresh air for Gaga and also to regain her ultimate slayage on the radio à la Bad Romance (even if most of BTW single were good radio hits)"

I can see your point, & thanks for finally answering. I still think people emphasize too much on the mature topics and message, etc. She's 26 not 16 and I'm glad she's actually writing something from a different perspective. Granted, Bad Romance is still one my favorite songs because everything about it IS perfect, but I don't need another one. All great artist have to show a different aspect for each era/album otherwise people will just get bored with you & you'll become a singles 'artist' (see: Rihanna & Flo-Rida). BTW was a great pop album, every song didn't have the typical 4 on the floor and for me that's a win. I love when she uses metaphors as well because after a certain amount of time you finally have an "A ha!" moment, that's refreshing to me.

:legend:

For me, lyrics are more important than anything else. I can forgive you if you have a ****ty beat or production is a little off (the lyrics will make up for that). But if you're not speaking about anything, regardless how good the beat is, I will forever hate you. Lyrics are the first thing I listen for, then it's the beat/melodies, etc.

http://www.raraahaha...agaoohlala.com/ love this

That doesn't count. That's more of a chant. Lol!

If you were to ask about "I want your ugly, I want your disease. I want your everything as long as it's free. . ." THEN you would know why lyrics are very crucial.

Edited by iMonster