💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Justice League is a flop

Spock

Featured Posts

Making the movie was a mistake, it’s too early for JL, there hasn’t been a foundation to most of the characters to pull an ‘Avengers’, the audience are oblivious of who tf those are and their backstory, no wonder why it’s a snoozefest cuz more than half of the movie is invested on the introduction and that’s not what a movie structure should be, matter of fact the introduction of each character should’ve been established each with their own movie, and JL should’ve focused on character development. DC wanna squeez as much as possible in one movie just to catchup to Marvel and the audience ends up with a mess. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeanWinchester
1 hour ago, SlayedForTheGod said:

This article was posted at 1pm on a Friday how tf do they know already. And please don't tell me it's their job cause I've seen articles with Thursdays screening numbers saying it's still on projection for 110 mill. 

1510962001769.png

3 hours ago, Squeeshy Keety said:

Had no idea you were such a Marvel fan too :happy:

I always found Marvel's characters more flawed and more human

Superman is boring. He can do nearly everything. His struggles almost always has to do with kryptonite, lois lane or friends/family. Tony stark has his ego, relationship problems, alcoholism and PTSD. Batman is a rich modern ninja with tech answers to everything. Peter Parker is a poor kid from NY who has to juggle school and his superhero life. The X-Men are hated by mainstream society and they stand in for issues of acceptance like minorities or the LGBTQ.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

RAMROD
14 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

I always found Marvel's characters more flawed and more human

Exactly why I love Marvel Comics much more and only love Batman as far as DCEU and JL concerned. He is an actual human with his own demons and struggles and dark past. He have this redeeming factors that makes me sympathize with him.

And perhaps why Batman have plenty incarnations in the silver screen. He is very emotionally relatable.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Head Empty

My biggest problem with most superhero movies, both Marvel and DC, are the villains. Most of them have bland motives (9 out of 10 times "looking for power") and feel really unrelatable to the audience. The only threat they pose is mostly the size of their CGI budget.

The best villain I've seen in ages comes from the MCU with Jessica Jones on Netflix. Killgrave had been the only villain that posed a continuous, tangible and serious threat to every single character. He was human, complex and driven by a multi-faceted backstory. Yet dangerous at all times.

Civil War was one of the few Marvel movies that stood out in this regard. The actual villain was still lame, but the main conflict of the Avengers clashing against eachother was great (although still underdeveloped).

Filmmakers have to learn: a movie is only as good as its villain. 

SlayedForTheGod
49 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

1510962001769.png

What was the point of this? The variety article that was in the OP is the only article that has mentioned in underperforming. The other ones you put there are from 1-2 months ahead of release. The number for the weekend was officially 110 mill. And so far from all the other articles I've read (unless others come up after I've posted) say that it is still on track for that amount.

RAMROD
Just now, Why am I on GGD said:

My biggest problem with most superhero movies, both Marvel and DC, are the villains. Most of them have bland motives (9 out of 10 times "looking for power") and feel really unrelatable to the audience. The only threat they pose is mostly the size of their CGI budget.

The best villain I've seen in ages comes from the MCU with Jessica Jones on Netflix. Killgrave had been the only villain that posed a continuous, tangible and serious threat to every single character. He was human, complex and driven by a multi-faceted backstory. Yet dangerous at all times.

I don't think it's fair to compare 1.5-2.5 hours movies to an episodic series, since they have different way to build a character with such time constraints.

Also, most action/super hero comic books villains are about power, even non Western ones like Naruto, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball, and many others. Even Team Rockets from Pokemon is about that as well, trying to capture or steal all powerful pokemons so they can rule the world. And it is relatable enough cos most people want to be the best version of themselves, be it wealthier, be more attractive, and so on for whatever reasons they have. It is just the human ambitions.

7 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Naruto

Have you even watched naruto? The arch enemies there had motives like revenge, making the world a better place through their own means and in their own vision (akatsuki) or literally transform the earth in a seemingly heaven (madara). They're so well made, you relate to them a GREAT deal, but in the end, sometimes the end doesn't justify the means.

I'd pay 10 times the amount of a regular movie to see a high budget adaptation off naruto, provided it is done well.

I watched it last night and I thought it sucked :air:

Pacing was all over the place. They rushed through 90% of the movie, slowed down randomly for parts that weren’t important like a conversation about Superman that I zoned out through and then they skip over the villain getting the final things he wants with “oh, he’s got them now” .... probably one of the worst films I’ve seen in a while :air:

RAMROD
Just now, Bogdan said:

Have you even watched naruto? The arch enemies there had motives like revenge, making the world a better place through their own means and in their own vision (akatsuki) or literally transform the earth in a seemingly heaven (madara). They're so well made, you relate to them a GREAT deal, but in the end, sometimes the end doesn't justify the means.

I'd pay 10 times the amount of a regular movie to see a high budget adaptation off naruto, provided it is done well.

Hunty please, What Madara did was based on jealousy cos he isn't the one who led the village. but Hashirama.

Have I watched Naruto? Of course I have. All those other things are side story to keep it hefty.

28 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

Filmmakers have to learn: a movie is only as good as its villain. 

Agree. That's why The Dark Knight is considered as one of the best comicbook movie, because of how good the villain is. 

All I ever wanted was 🅻🅾🆅🅴

Head Empty
36 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

I don't think it's fair to compare 1.5-2.5 hours movies to an episodic series, since they have different way to build a character with such time constraints.

Also, most action/super hero comic books villains are about power, even non Western ones like Naruto, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball, and many others. Even Team Rockets from Pokemon is about that as well, trying to capture or steal all powerful pokemons so they can rule the world. And it is relatable enough cos most people want to be the best version of themselves, be it wealthier, be more attractive, and so on for whatever reasons they have. It is just the human ambitions.

They spend multiple movies to develop the heroes, why not the villains as well? :oprah:

To just continue taking Marvel as an example: they're creating this huge cast of heroes and giving them all backstories. Such a big emphasis on all these goodguys. Yet most villains (with the exception of Loki, although he's more of an antihero at this point) get discarded after one film. And most of them are really similar as well: big CGI entities with huge armies. Why not make a villain that is as complex and fleshed out as the heroes? Make it a genuine balanced clash instead just another time to save the world. They have more than enough room for it with all the movies they're putting out.

If you ask me, this is one of the things that DC could still excell in if they choose to (although I doubt it). As ill-received as the Suicide Squad was, it would be epic to, in the end, have (some of) those characters become the villains again and pit them against some of the Justice League characters. It would be a balanced conflict between characters that we have equal amounts of backstory to.

Yeah it’s not doing well at all :selena: I work at a theater and like no one even shows up for the movie. We seek maybe 15-20% of tickets each showtime :sharon:

2 hours ago, Bogdan said:

Compared to the last Thor movie, this was significantly better. I liked it more than Avengers too. The chemistry between characters is better, the humor is WAY better, the characters are better developed. The only thing that disappointed me was the lack of a stronger nemesis. The fact that they brought superman from the dead was pretty much obvious that the bad guy didn't stand a chance. But Thor was worse in this regard.

Is this a joke. Are you trying to be funny. If you are, then good job cause I'm  laughing my a** off :sharon:

4 hours ago, Doot said:

Pretending like Wonder Woman is good lol:selena:

It may not be a good movie, but it's definitely one of the better DC movies to have been recently released. :selena:

lavenderblondee

I enjoyed the movie. Did it have flaws? Yes. But the chemistry between characters REALLY saved the movie and kept it real fun. I lived for the new approach they took on supes, it finally felt like he had a personality. At this point, aquaman/flash are destined to be moderately successful solo movies after this. I hope. :pray:

Archived