💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Justice League is a flop

Spock

Featured Posts

Zack need to be gone.. let's face it, the DC universe looks like a student movie and it's all his fault.

He's relying too much on those jump and *boom* land + a "fierce" sentence like "shall we?"  :awkney:

Please........

He's destroying everything that Nolan did...

And the casting of Ben was a mistake since the beginning..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Space Cowboy
8 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

Critically, maybe. But commercially? It's fact. They have a budget of $300m not counting the reshoots with Whedon. Budget doesn't include marketing so they need this to gross around $800m just to break even.

It is an opinion, I dont mean to offend but don't be senile. The film has been out less then 24 hours and we cant realy talk numbers until after opening weekend. The article in the op is just predicting. Do you remeber what the estimations were for wonder woman and look how that turned out?

Shadowcrest
50 minutes ago, Pablo said:

These movies all just cash grabs so I have never liked them. 

technically most movies are cash grabs, hun. 

DeanWinchester
11 minutes ago, 01Jaime said:

It is an opinion, I dont mean to offend but don't be senile. The film has been out less then 24 hours and we cant realy talk numbers until after opening weekend. The article in the op is just predicting. Do you remeber what the estimations were for wonder woman and look how that turned out?

It's doing bad on other countries, too

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

youandi

I just feel like DC was better when its universe felt limited to the incredible Christian Bale/Christopher Nolan Batman Trilogy. Man of Steel (I know it was divisive) kind of felt at home with this but since Batman VS Superman and Suicide squad weren't very enjoyable, and perhaps their failures are what made me enjoy Wonder Woman so much as it was an actual decent movie. 

The industry is over saturated with superhero films now anyway imo

Tom Nook
30 minutes ago, River said:

Zack need to be gone.. let's face it, the DC universe looks like a student movie and it's all his fault.

He's relying too much on those jump and *boom* land + a "fierce" sentence like "shall we?"  :awkney:

Please........

He's destroying everything that Nolan did...

And the casting of Ben was a mistake since the beginning..

The things is Zack stepped away from the movie so they had Joss Whedon to complete it, so with the reshoots whatever happened in post production did no favors to the film :green: 

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

I personally like how DCEU movies are made like comic and has that darker and more organic tone to it but that doesn’t appeal to international viewers. However, Marvel’s comedic approach which I don’t like THAT much is appealing to more international viewers. Disney knows how to make an international hit movie :classy:

youandi
2 minutes ago, Easy said:

I personally like how DCEU movies are made like comic and has that darker and more organic tone to it but that doesn’t appeal to international viewers. However, Marvel’s comedic approach which I don’t like THAT much is appealing to more international viewers. Disney knows how to make an international hit movie :classy:

It's the opposite for me though, they don't feel that organic at all, it all seems really false and filtered, especially aesthetically, and I feel like the darkness is forced to the point of seeming cheesy at times :(

Tom Nook

At least it gives me hope the Patty Jenkins is directing the Wonder Woman sequel, I think when they start having the standalone movies instead of the ensemble ones then the EU would improve. Can we at least say this EU is a lot better than Universal’s Dark Universe 

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

doppelganger
17 minutes ago, youandi said:

It's the opposite for me though, they don't feel that organic at all, it all seems really false and filtered, especially aesthetically, and I feel like the darkness is forced to the point of seeming cheesy at times :(

I agree. And it just looks dark ala 300, thematically the films are just really thin. 

After 2 hours i start to wonder where the “justice” in Justice League is. The film doesn’t present any moral or ethical dilemma for the heroes to rise to. 

34 minutes ago, Gardevoir said:

The things is Zack stepped away from the movie so they had Joss Whedon to complete it, so with the reshoots whatever happened in post production did no favors to the film :green: 

Yeah but he stepped away too late.. and Joss didn't change the script and story, it's still based on Zack's..

Even with WW you could see Zack hands.. even if Patty directed it, Zack had a lot of impact.. it was just luck that the movie was very very successful.. because the movie was very average..

I think the major problem with the DCEU comes at the epic-battle moments, it's just a mess..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Glittertinks

I really wish DC could me more successful with their movies, they have so many great characters :(  I am seeing the movie on sunday and all the negative reviews and comments take the excitement away from me.

I already liked Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad, they were not as bad as people say. Sometimes I feel like people just want a 1:1 copy of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I mean, Zack already did a great job on Watchmen, so I am really confused as to why none of this works out :air:  

Archived