Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

ALL Charts Discussion - All of us crying with Joanne Piano Version

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

LetsGetHigh

Guys, God is real.

I just found out I can change my streaming quality to 360kbps ( :awkney: ) and listened to PI and I-

tenor.gif?itemid=7952447

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheRoof

i just want a hit single from the soundtrack:pray: and not so much backlash if the movie end out getting bad reviews :selena:

Bad Monster Kid
15 minutes ago, Bad Monster Kid said:

Always setting the bar low. When will others?

Are Perfects streams from the original being included on the perfect duet for Billboard Hot 100?

:lana:

nattuggla
1 minute ago, ViviLittleM said:

Hopefully this will air on TV

Well there was one for German dates but before they were re-scheduled.

asana15

Okay, here's another take on ASIB's May release and its perspectives due to that:

....May is one of the key movie months of the year because it's officially the start of the summer "blockbuster" season;  schools and colleges are beginning to finish, and there's the Memorial Day long weekend. There is a lot of pressure for big bucks, and it tends to see the release of several key tent-poles - see how panicked the industry became when this year's May releases disappointed one after the other which ended up predicting an overall weak quarter.

So, it's very positive that Warner Bros. are considering the movie strong enough after seeing the first cut to move up by months into a key May gap, right before the long holiday weekend and as Star Wars counter programming AND that Deadline is hinting that they want a Cannes premiere.

WB are known for launching successfully adult leaning genre fair; they were punching above the trend this summer with Wonder Woman, Dunkirk, Annabelle: Creation and IT opening above expectation (way, way, way above for IT).

They have also used similar strategies to launch Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby and Mad Max: Fury Road; both screened at Cannes and released on the same May weekend in 2013 and 2015 (to $50m and $45m respectively). That would be the absolute ceiling.

Alternatively, look at Sisters which opened directly against The Force Awakens, the biggest sequel event in film history; it grossed $13m opening weekend and quietly ended up grossing almost $90m by the end of its run, in part because of the Christmas Holiday season, but mainly because it worked as fantastic counter programming.

This is not to say A Star Is Born is guaranteed to be a hit or even any good, but that this news is far more positive than it is negative. If WB considers it worthy of this kind of marketing push (the only other movie in May it's distributing is the next Melissa McCarthy comedy vehicle) from a studio that is known for its fantastic marketing campaigns, then whew.

LetsGetHigh

Okay but Great Gatsby had so much promo and hype (and Leo!!!!), whereas with ASIB there's literally only Bradley. Gaga's name isn't even in it. :rip: 

WildAmerican
35 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

I'm expecting 10M boxoffice :emma:

and to think Gaga almost made this much in two nights in NYC :giveup:

WildAmerican

Speaking of Scheiße, She messed up Scheiße so bad at my show. As if it's not gibberish enough :toofunny:

I shot this video:

ViviLittleM
2 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

Speaking up Scheiße, it reminds me how she messed up Scheiße so bad at my show.

I shot this video:

"tries" SCREAMING

• Haroon locked and unpinned this topic

Archived