❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
series

'American Horror Story: Apocalypse' Discussion Thread

monketsharona

Featured Posts

As always with this show, this first episode seems to be very polarising... 

But thank you to everyone who said it was terrible. You set my expectations really low, and because of that I actually enjoyed this first episode a lot :trollga:

I'm excited to see what happens next! It's so hard waiting for each episode.

I also just binge watched all of Murder House and Coven so I feel completely in the AHS zone right now.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Infinity Wave
On 9/13/2018 at 2:32 PM, That J said:

I would rather have that mystery than a giant sexxx toy destroying someone.  Lol

Omg did that really happen :rip:

Never watched AHS but now I wanna watch it :air:

Colourful

1 minute ago, Infinity Wave said:

Omg did that really happen :rip:

Never watched AHS but now I wanna watch it :air:

Go stream the first 7 seasons on Netflix. I'm sure you'll find just what you're looking for... :laughga: 

Infinity Wave
24 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Go stream the first 7 seasons on Netflix. I'm sure you'll find just what you're looking for... :laughga: 

I don't have Netflix I'm broke :air:

Colourful

1 minute ago, Infinity Wave said:

But I'll maybe start to watch the show in a few weeks... but if you can tell me where that happens it could be a big help to start watching it :staymad:

It's so cheap! It's a better price for multiple screens, so do what my friend and I do and have one account with two-screens-at-a-time, and split the payment. I pay him like $2NZD a week and he pays the bill. 

And I think the moment that user was talking about was actually...

Spoiler

A crazy demon ****ing people to death in excruciatingly painful to watch detail with a sharp, drill dildo

latest?cb=20170223201151

It's not sexy. Just go on ****hub :huntyga:

Infinity Wave
13 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Hide contents

It's not sexy. Just go on ****hub :huntyga:

Oh wait I never thought it was sexy lemme make that clear lol :saladga:

It's just I was intereted in how a tv show could portray that thing. I don't wanna see that anymore given that I was horrified by just the pilot of Hotel :rip:

I'm not that crazy or smth like what did you thought I'm a normal guy :air::air::air:

Colourful

BornSimon

Recently I have re-watched Hotel, Murder House, Coven and Asylum and there's just no comparison.

I don't understand why Ryan thinks we have to laugh while watching his show? 

I don't want to laugh. I want to be tense, I want to think, I want to be disturbed... but why has he turned the show into a comedy horror series?

Leslie Grossman and the other guy ruined the whole first half of Cult and have ruined the first episode of Apocalypse for me. Their scenes are a total anti-climax and actually make me cringe. Here's hoping they show less of them and focus on the creepy side of things which is what the show used to be about.

Dominic
3 hours ago, BornSimon said:

Recently I have re-watched Hotel, Murder House, Coven and Asylum and there's just no comparison.

I don't want to laugh. I want to be tense, I want to think, I want to be disturbed... but why has he turned the show into a comedy horror series?

Leslie Grossman and the other guy ruined the whole first half of Cult and have ruined the first episode of Apocalypse for me. Their scenes are a total anti-climax and actually make me cringe. Here's hoping they show less of them and focus on the creepy side of things which is what the show used to be about.

All of this. 

Felt like I was watching an episode of Scream Queens. It's always been campy but c'mon it's getting like a spoof now. There were elements of horror but Murphy then throws in a quick one liner which ruins it. I expect to suspend my disbelief with AHS but I want realistic characters, not caricatures.

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

TheodoreRx

13 minutes ago, Dominic said:

All of this. 

Felt like I was watching an episode of Scream Queens. It's always been campy but c'mon it's getting like a spoof now. There were elements of horror but Murphy then throws in a quick one liner which ruins it. I expect to suspend my disbelief with AHS but I want realistic characters, not caricatures.

I couldn't agree more with any of this. :tea: 

I'll agree with this. I watched Coven in the week leading up to the first episode of this new season and there were many moments when I laughed out loud So hard!!  But it was a mixture of some dark humor added with a huge dose of edge of your seat thrills and that whoa feel of "omg what is happening?!" 

That is the natural way a show like this should earn such type of laughter. I dont even mind a one liner here and there for levity but not 7 in each scene. 

With all that said, I enjoyed it for what it has become, it is only the first episode and am looking forward to watching how things combine and unfold. I'm here for the ride. But I miss the complexity. ...and that doesnt mean nonsensical, it means complexity.  Lol

So yea. I agree but hopefully the next episode will turn up the heat.  Pun intended.  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

BornSimon
6 hours ago, Dominic said:

All of this. 

Exactly. Which reminds me of this rumour I saw on Twitter that Chanel from Scream Queens (Emma Roberts) may be making an appearance on Apocalypse, which would be the nail in the coffin really. 

5 hours ago, That J said:

I'll agree with this. I watched Coven in the week leading up to the first episode of this new season and there were many moments when I laughed out loud So hard!!  But it was a mixture of some dark humor added with a huge dose of edge of your seat thrills and that whoa feel of "omg what is happening?!" 

That is the natural way a show like this should earn such type of laughter. I dont even mind a one liner here and there for levity but not 7 in each scene. 

With all that said, I enjoyed it for what it has become, it is only the first episode and am looking forward to watching how things combine and unfold. I'm here for the ride. But I miss the complexity. ...and that doesnt mean nonsensical, it means complexity.  Lol

So yea. I agree but hopefully the next episode will turn up the heat.  Pun intended.  

Yes, Coven did have some humour (and back then I already thought it was a little too much) but it was dark and twisted and there were no ridiculous characters like Leslie Grossman's and the rest. 

I want the atmosphere to be tense, I want the show to be dark, to be disturbing, all those bad jokes totally ruin the mood and are very distracting.

Thing is I take it for what it is and still enjoy it, because the show is good even when it is bad, but I still think all the comedy should be taken out and the funny bits should be kept to a very limited number.

I liked it. Am I the only one who felt bad for Stu? He literally done nothing wrong. Also, I agree that the time skip felt abrupt. I didn't feel like the monotony ate away at the characters. The Antichrist's appearance also felt...contrived(?). It didn't fit in the episode as seamlessly. I am excited for the witches though omg. UGH THE WEEK-LONG WAIT

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

12 hours ago, Infinity Wave said:

You get the first month for free :)

And it's per email so I'm opening a new email every time and watching for free :vegas:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

On 9/13/2018 at 11:16 AM, THATFoxyFeeling said:

The men didn’t even have facial hair. :koons:

I'm 40 in January and never wear facial hair. I cant grow CHEST HAIR. Lol. 

#OneOfTheFirstSmoothBoys lol

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

monketsharona
On 9/13/2018 at 5:18 PM, THATFoxyFeeling said:

I’m glad Gaga isn’t part of this season. :wtfga:

As a fan of the show I'm actually very fine Lady Gaga is not back as we have all the talented Queens of AHS  aleardy involved : Sarah Paulson, Kathy Bates, Jessica Lange, Lily Rabe, Frances Conroy. I only need Angela Bassett now.

Archived