Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

'American Horror Story: Apocalypse' Discussion Thread

monketsharona

Featured Posts

Just now, SHALLOW said:

WHAT IN THE HELL HAVE I JUST READ-

Joan Collins is gonna be the highlight of this season. I loved her in this episode. 

Also, AHS is not always that campy. And yes, good acting should always come first.

I basically disagree on everything you said. now :bye:

Joan Collins is amazing, and I can't wait to see more of her this season, but even her casting is an example of Ryan Murphy's dedication to camp and the Psycho-biddy genre. I know Murphy prefers the term "baroque," but the the show is camp. It always has been. The first episode of Apocalypse was pure camp.

"This stew is Stu!?" :toofunny:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i only hate that i have to wait every week for the episodes, they should've just made a deal with netflix and release the whole series at once, i like getting the full story all at once than waiting weeks for for new episodes, and the hype dies out, and i forget what happened in the prev eps :laughga:

imma cut a bitch

SHALLOW
1 hour ago, SKANK said:

Joan Collins is amazing, and I can't wait to see more of her this season, but even her casting is an example of Ryan Murphy's dedication to camp and the Psycho-biddy genre. I know Murphy prefers the term "baroque," but the the show is camp. It always has been. The first episode of Apocalypse was pure camp.

"This stew is Stu!?" :toofunny:

I think he only does it once in a while to not make it suffocating or too heavy or maybe to highlight the dark humour of the characters but i don’t think he aims at camp

Queen Gloria

It was pretty good but moved extremely slow. I hope the pace picks up and things get rolling by the next episode. 

DontDoubtDavid

Thought this was a good episode! Kept me interested and wanting to know what happens next.

Although the beginning scenes really messed me up, this is one of the few time AHS has actually made me uncomfortable. I have a fear of nuclear war. Had a very similar nightmare about a year ago (about being in LA with a missle heading over). Creepy, lol.

Catnikko

I was so disappointed in this ep :triggered:

If i was a first time viewer it would give me no eagerness to watch the next one, compare it to the first ep of murder house (which i just rewatched) for example.. I get that it was a pilot so they had to make it amazing but c'mon :triggered: 

Actual patient

As someone who actually loves every season, this is the only season opener that didn’t completely catch my attention besides Coven & Freak Show. However, I ended up loving Coven so I don’t doubt that I could end up loving this season. It’s just that all of the seasons have some comedic characters, but this time it seems like every character is meant to have comedic value. Leslie Grossman’s, Billie Lourd’s, Evan Peters’, Joan Collins’, and Adina Porter’s characters all seem like characters that would be comedic relief when they’re paired with other serious characters. However, in this case, there aren’t many serious characters that balanced out the extraness of their characters (in my opinion).

Also, y’all really shouldn’t judge an actor’s ability based on anything Ryan Murphy includes them in. Ryan Murphy typecasts people, which is why Jessica Lange, Angela Bassett, & Taissa Farmiga played the same character in basically every season. I think that Winter was actually very different to Chanel #3. Winter actually had emotions, whereas Chanel #3 was just a comedic character that had seemingly no energy. Winter had very emotional scenes, and Billie Lourd was great at acting in those. However, her character Mallory seems like a copy of Chanel #3, which is disappointing.

P.S. Cult is the most consistent season of this show, and it’s the only season that didn’t lose the plot halfway through. Cult is one of the best seasons, and critics agree.

Chromatic

Just finished the first episode, and I really liked it! I feel like with this season, they're going back to what American Horror Story used to be. Only thing I'm worried about, is how they're going to incorporate Murder House and Coven.

4 hours ago, Lucas said:

Just finished the first episode, and I really liked it! I feel like with this season, they're going back to what American Horror Story used to be. Only thing I'm worried about, is how they're going to incorporate Murder House and Coven.

Murder House has already been tied in; Michael Langdon of the Cooperative is Satan and the child of Vivian Harmon and Tate Langdon.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

I thought the first episode was very intriguing and I am interested in seeing what happens next, so I will keep watching it unless it runs off the rails into ridiculous at some point, like season six Roanoke did to me. I never take this series very serious and just have fun with it and all it's kitschy glory. That's indeed always what I love most about it.:nails::tea::interestinga:

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Sickness

It’s really not up for debate that this show is camp. It’s obviously got to do with it being basically for and by gay men, well diversed into pop culture, but it’s not a bad thing. Not when it’s moderated. In this case Ryan has lost it by giving more priority to references and viral moments rather than a good storyline. 

Emigrante
3 hours ago, calmar said:

Murder House has already been tied in; Michael Langdon of the Cooperative is Satan and the child of Vivian Harmon and Tate Langdon.

More like antichrist

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

kabirartfling

Just watched it, was kinda ready to be disappointed because of the reviews but surprisingly it was a pleasant watch, the whole episode was very interesting and makes you wanna look forward to what's coming next

Give your love to me

Chromatic
9 hours ago, calmar said:

I know. I'm talking about how they're going to bring the Rubber Man, several witches from Coven, etc. into the show, since it seems like most of the season, will take place in the Outpost.

Archived