music news

Reputation sold 925k in three days per Billboard

Spock

Featured Posts

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so happy for her. 

Kim and Kanye clearly warped the narrative in their favor. Taylor has been a national lighting rod for slut shaming since the beginning of her career and then was trashed by private individuals and the media for MONTHS. Could you image faceless haters putting thousands of snake emojis on your social media for weeks? She's a human being and admits to being pretty insecure. 

Glad she came to slay with quality bops and wig snatching sales. 

MonsterPaws
19 hours ago, HighwayFantasy said:

Haven't listening to a single seconds of it. I saw LWYMMD on TV and it was sooo boring :nails:
Is it my taste, or am I right when I say that the girl has nothing interesting. She has no 'it' factor around her or something :huh:

The album is much better! Trust me I was on the same boat as you are.

Don't Blame Me, Did Something Bad and a some of the other tracks are fantastic!

I totally stan Taylor this era. And I didn't think I would tbh after listening to the singles (not to mention the Kimye drama).

MelbHawker

I think it's a good pop album, but it's not great. Honestly, if this sort of album is the benchmark in the current pop game, Pop's become boring and bland. It's not different to her previous releases, nor is it all that intimate. It's more of the same from her, with a little extra attitude thrown in. I'm not her biggest fan, but I do think it's one of the better releases this year. It's just not crazy good / mind-blowing... at all. 

djBuffoon
8 hours ago, 2007 said:

Then what do you take into consideration to make a relevant “critical deconstruction”? Cuz gaga sales are low, she doesn’t chart, critically weak compared to taylor and barely recognized by award shows. So...?

Metacritic scores: 

Joanne: 67

1989: 76

Didnt know fitting the monsters agenda is a ‘thing’ in the music industry to make a “critical deconstruction”

By "critical deconstruction", I mean your ability to discuss a work of art. So you're only reinforcing my point lmao. If you want to compare the albums, we can do that. But pointing to other people's opinions to support your argument is extremely lazy.

And keep in mind, I merely said that it was her weakest since her self-titled, but that it has some great songs. I like the album, but I find Speak Now and Red to be superior, for instance. By all means, keep posting all the lame gifs you want, you haven't done a single thing to change my stance on it. :laughga: 

robbiemalik

Could you imagine next album she comes full circle with a great country album!? She probably hit another 1 million week sales:giveup:

Archived