Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

CoS keeps slamming Taylor, SNL performance now

TCHIKITAH

Featured Posts

scallywally

Oh good grief this will never end. There's some kind of confused  privileged kid jealousy syndrome going on. Its derailing threads, there's no need to bicker. Its wasting peoples time and quite negative.

@StrawberryBlond If you want to speak or reply to me pop it in a DM, no need to bother other people who are happy to have a chat about a pop star. :)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond
Just now, scallywally said:

Oh good grief this will never end. There's some kind of confused  privileged kid jealousy syndrome going on. Its derailing threads, there's no need to bicker. Its wasting peoples time and quite negative.

@StrawberryBlond If you want to speak or reply to me pop it in a DM, no need to bother other people who are happy to have a chat about a pop star. :)

Have you ever thought that telling people to be positive might incline them to be more negative? It's like telling a sad person to just cheer up. It simply won't help. If you want to be positive, there's a lot of other places where you can do that.

I responded to someone who was genuinely asking what we have against her. They were looking for a conversation. How is me trying to answer their question "bothering" them? Do you think conversation should only be started if it's positive? If you want to talk in DMs, will you actually respond and try to get to know me?

20 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

There's helping your kids and then there's buying opportunities for them. Most of the acts you listed got it on their own apart from child/sibling of situations, of course. Ultimately, I don't mind family pulling a favour if you are honest to God talented but can't catch a break. A lot of people said Lana Del Rey's millionaire dad bought her career for her, even though she claims otherwise. But even if he did do it, I wouldn't mind because it would be a crying shame if someone as talented as her never got her music out there and if it meant that she had to buy her way in, so be it. If your child is, without bias, unquestionably gifted, I'd say, yeah, give them the push if they need it. If that's what it takes to get decent music in the charts, so be it. But if you're just like many parents and think your child is wonderful simply because they're your child and there's a lot of blind praise and bias going on, don't interfere. If they really want it, let them wait until they're an adult and tell them they have to make it on their own when they do. We don't need hundreds of thousands of rich parents buying their untalented kids way into the industry and filling up our charts with sheltered music about their privileged, charmed life. Not that I'm saying that Taylor's untalented, but she's definitely not "needs a debut album at 16" kinda talented. Ironically enough, I think her debut was her best, but even then, it's still nothing outstanding. If I were a record label boss, I wouldn't be thinking that she needs to be signed and it would be a big loss if I didn't.

Well, it's partly because she's successful and doesn't have the talent to back it up. For me, the biggest reason other than that is her personality. She totally gives the impression of someone who's all sweetness and light for the camera, but a nightmare behind the scenes. If some reports from those around her are true, it's definitely the case. Her songs show how petty and immature she is, thinking another artist using your backup dancers makes them your enemy and so on. It seems like she deliberately dates men purely so she can dump them and get material for the next album. And the way the critics gush over her bland songs that don't show any development is nothing short of nauseating and some of us think she must be paying them to be positive because critics just don't fawn over such music and artists. And while I know you're speaking generally, I certainly never stop referencing other females who can't sing (Katy Perry especially always gets a very harsh slam from me), Taylor is far from the only artist that I criticise. I think no artist is immune from criticism, especially the biggest names because they're usually the most basically talented, hence why they appeal to the majority. And if they don't get criticism and get nothing but mindless praise from spineless critics, they'll never get better. But yes, I won't deny that she has her talents, but it's the songwriting that really gets to me the most - she just doesn't seem to have developed in all these years, matured or done experimentation. Blank Space seems to be her sole biggest songwriting achievement, everything else is average at best. Writing your own music is great and all, but it needs to be good to have it be truly laudable.

I hope that helps you understand things a bit better. At the end of the day, I just don't like to see people with problematic personalities getting lots of success. I value humbleness and likability in celebrities. Not everyone does, clearly, but isn't it not at least understandable?

No, it’s not understandable. Most celebrities are not humble. You target Taylor because you don’t like her. Just be honest about it. 

StrawberryBlond
On 11/16/2017 at 6:54 PM, NCgaga said:

No, it’s not understandable. Most celebrities are not humble. You target Taylor because you don’t like her. Just be honest about it. 

When it comes to me, all celebrities are on the chopping block. No one gets a free pass. Not even Gaga. I'm the kind of person that calls out my own friends and family. I'm not going to use kid gloves around a celebrity of all people. I know it's hard to believe but some people really just call things as they see it. If someone does something good, I'll give them praise. If they do something bad, they get criticised. Simple. Do I dislike Taylor strongly? Yes. I've always been honest about it. But I have just the same amount of dislike for all number of other celebrities and criticise them accordingly. But even if one I like does something bad, they get criticised too.

scallywally
6 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

When it comes to me, all celebrities are on the chopping block. No one gets a free pass. Not even Gaga. I'm the kind of person that calls out my own friends and family. I'm not going to use kid gloves around a celebrity of all people. I know it's hard to believe but some people really just call things as they see it. If someone does something good, I'll give them praise. If they do something bad, they get criticised. Simple. Do I dislike Taylor strongly? Yes. I've always been honest about it. But I have just the same amount of dislike for all number of other celebrities and criticise them accordingly. But even if one I like does something bad, they get criticised too.

Read that back.

Oh honestly @StrawberryBlond asking if you DM'd me would I answer you back? Of course I would :) I wouldn't suggest it otherwise. There would be no need. Things seem to be a bit a bit out of focus. Nobody needs to see all this negativity on the forum. Id really like to understand your distaste of celebrities or all kinds including gaga when all they are trying to do is enjoy themselves and entertain people. I have no idea where you are coming from. I'm truly interested, they don't force it down our throats, we don't need to play the songs or buy tickets. I'm a bit lost quite frankly. I dislike some too!! But don't go on about them with nasty posts. Quite a few get on my tits or look ridiculous but they still entertain, it would be boring without them and I wouldn't dig deep to slag them off for my ego. Its no worries, were all different maybe most posters are a bit more chilled out.

Let them all have a go, its like a would wide x factor. We like some we don't like others its not kill or cure. Its pop music. Its not negotiating with N.Korea.

scallywally

I never got a DM in 24 hours so will just presume you like to put down people in public for your ego.

The end.

JazzGa
On 11/13/2017 at 10:55 AM, EvilRegal said:

Honestly, sometimes I feel jealous when bad singers and dancers like her are more relevant now than Gaga, Janet, Xtina, Ciara.... :grr:

Right? I was just checking up on Ciara recently, her early 2000s bops were so memorable and still sound slick today. Why are we putting up with awkward giraffes pretending to be sexy rebellious bad girls and not spinning the latest releases of the Princess of Crunk? (Hint: I already know the answer, and it's mediocre teenage white girls who like other mediocre white girls lol)

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

scallywally

Itll happen in the future too, history repeats itself that's why sometime some people (not all) look a bit daft slagging off the older ones. Its OK, tastes change I guess.

StrawberryBlond
18 hours ago, scallywally said:

Read that back.

Oh honestly @StrawberryBlond asking if you DM'd me would I answer you back? Of course I would :) I wouldn't suggest it otherwise. There would be no need. Things seem to be a bit a bit out of focus. Nobody needs to see all this negativity on the forum. Id really like to understand your distaste of celebrities or all kinds including gaga when all they are trying to do is enjoy themselves and entertain people. I have no idea where you are coming from. I'm truly interested, they don't force it down our throats, we don't need to play the songs or buy tickets. I'm a bit lost quite frankly. I dislike some too!! But don't go on about them with nasty posts. Quite a few get on my tits or look ridiculous but they still entertain, it would be boring without them and I wouldn't dig deep to slag them off for my ego. Its no worries, were all different maybe most posters are a bit more chilled out.

Let them all have a go, its like a would wide x factor. We like some we don't like others its not kill or cure. Its pop music. Its not negotiating with N.Korea.

I'm happy to talk to you, I just wanted to check that you'd reply as I've wasted my time on people with DMs before and written a lot only to have them abandon me, so I was just checking.

4 hours ago, scallywally said:

I never got a DM in 24 hours so will just presume you like to put down people in public for your ego.

The end.

Lets not make presumptions. I haven't sent you anything because I've been too busy. I've got 3 people on the go I'm currently DMing, plus other posts to reply to, plus family commitments. I won't have enough time to devote to sending you anything until Monday at the earliest. Just because I haven't responded immediately doesn't mean I'm ignoring you. Alternatively, if you want to DM me first, that's fine, but just don't expect a reply until Monday at the earliest.

Lion Heart

Truth itt

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Archived