Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

LG6 is ARTPOP’s little sister

Eightpop

Featured Posts

nattuggla
24 minutes ago, Jaume said:

the issue with the expectations is something we have been dealing with since BTW. She and her collaborators should not talk much about the recording process bc it always lead to misinterpretation by the public and fans and then disappointment. 

I liked when she dropped The Cure by surprise. 

At least she is not saying anymore that we should expect the album of the millenium soon. :poot: She lowered the teasing/hyping but now it's everyone around her who are hyping. :selena:

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
God Control
1 hour ago, BloodyM said:

I have to agree with you, but we cannot forget that Gaga had a lot of money and can afford to do high budget even without charting as high. I personally think that they have to decided between creating proper pop music or dev into something more experimental. I believe that that was ARTPOP's problem. Everyone was excited to hear 'experimental' Gaga, everyone wanted her to release tact 2 as in reality that's how it was heavily promoted. It was suppose to be full on rave experimental music, when in reality it turned out to be a solid pop record which lowered a lot of expectations.  

You bring up a great point that I always thought about. Expectations. Gaga and her team are quite known for using big words to overhype her material. I know they get excited and all, but sometimes that leads fans to expect too much and sometimes they do put some good evidence that there will be more but that never happens and what fans got doesn't feel enough, like ARTPOP being part of a two album experience or the app allowing fans to make their own remixes or something or that some songs will get videos, if not the entire album will have it's own short film or set of videos. All that is not really good for her image or the album because it leads fans to expect much more than there actually will be.

If they can like make sure that the things they're planning can and will happen and then announce them, it would be much better because with such a fan base of dedicated people, it gets really hard to make them forget the idea that there was something planned and it'll never happen.

BloodyM
7 minutes ago, Givenchy said:

If they can like make sure that the things they're planning can and will happen and then announce them, it would be much better because with such a fan base of dedicated people, it gets really hard to make them forget the idea that there was something planned and it'll never happen.

Exactly! When I was a kid I used to be very disappointed when mum/dad would promise me something and fail to meet their promise. And the same goes with Gaga and dedicated fans. Even though she does give her best and does it for the fans, a lot have felt disappointed by promises/expectations. So like you are saying, its best if they sit down and analyse before anything else. p.s Thank you for understanding my point! 

God Control
17 minutes ago, BloodyM said:

Exactly! When I was a kid I used to be very disappointed when mum/dad would promise me something and fail to meet their promise. And the same goes with Gaga and dedicated fans. Even though she does give her best and does it for the fans, a lot have felt disappointed by promises/expectations. So like you are saying, its best if they sit down and analyse before anything else. p.s Thank you for understanding my point! 

You're most certainly welcome, my friend :D

Yes, haha same for me. Whenever something is promised or announced, it kinda gets quite disappointing when it doesn't happen. On the other hand, I hope they work harder this era and spend more on the whole production than they did with Joanne. I don't wanna sound like a "hater" because I don't hate Joanne, but we loved Gaga for her over-the-top visuals and the larger-than-life performances and music videos. It's kinda sad seeing her take quite a simplistic route and for me, it wasn't the kind of simple and minimal that is stylish and cool, but rather felt rushed. At least the music videos.

hausofbrice
1 minute ago, Givenchy said:

don't wanna sound like a "hater" because I don't hate Joanne, but we loved Gaga for her over-the-top visuals and the larger-than-life performances and music videos. It's kinda sad seeing her take quite a simplistic route and for me, it wasn't the kind of simple and minimal that is stylish and cool, but rather felt rushed. At least the music videos.

yeah we all love over the top CrazyGa

but we also know that whatever she does is always unique in it's own way

xoxo, brice ♡

God Control
41 minutes ago, itsbriceidk said:

yeah we all love over the top CrazyGa

but we also know that whatever she does is always unique in it's own way

I guess that's up to one's own preferences.

asana15
1 hour ago, CanadaGoesGaga said:

DJWS is also in Kentucky... he’s really following along with her right now. 

Yep. After taking the Sunday off, The Cure crew is back together in Louisville. Both, DJWS and Mark Nilan walking around taking and posting pictures of Louisville Slugger. Another writing/producing new music session is looming ahead on that long bus ride from KY to Kansas

MelbHawker

He needs to quit with the hype, honestly. 

This record won't be out for at least another 1.5 years knowing how ha majesty our Queen works / she's still on the JWT and will be for a while / A Star Is Born etc. 

ryanripley
3 minutes ago, MelbHawker said:

He needs to quit with the hype, honestly. 

This record won't be out for at least another 1.5 years knowing how ha majesty our Queen works / she's still on the JWT and will be for a while / A Star Is Born etc. 

actually i think the time after ASIB is very realistic for a new album cycle, gaga does love her end of year releases

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Archived