Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The rise and fall of the pop star

iCpro

Featured Posts

So, I’ve begun to notice a trend among the pop girls about the common trajectory of their careers. I first noticed it with the release of Witness, and realised that Katy’s career is pretty much mirroring Gaga’s. Anyway, here it is:

An artist will have a huge peak era, this is when they are constantly at the top of the charts, and universally loved. For Gaga this was TFM era, and for Katy this was The teenage dream era. 

They will then have the follow up era, which will initially have huge success due to the hype of their return, but will be front loaded and won’t have the same success of the previous era. They may also start to get some criticism and backlash. For Gaga, it was BTW, and Katy was Prism.

After that they will have the flop era, where they get a huge amount of backlash, sales will hugely decline, and they will be seen as over, and trying too hard. We all know what eras this was for Gaga and Katy.

I’ve also noticed this with Adele, with 21 and 25 fitting the categories of the first two stages, and it looks like Taylor might follow this trend too, as Reputation looks like it may be front loaded, with LWYMMD falling quickly on the charts.

Anyway, thoughts? Am I onto something or am I just delulu :selena:

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m not a pro but my professor in a pop music course has a whole theory behind that. He said that the artists who survive their flop era will win in long run. If not they are pretty much done. He used Xtina and Gaga as some of the examples.

Lets hope Katy come through with KP5. I want success for her.

1 minute ago, tellemhone said:

Taylor seems to be fine though

No lwymmd is falling in top 100 and i think ready for it and gorgeous didnt top the top 10

follow me in twitter omg

TropicOfCANCER

Yup, this is pretty much the same trajectory for many female popstars.

Xtina had it with stripped [huge]>back to basics [moderate success]> bionic [flop]

I dont know madonna's career that well but I think she had it with erotica. Even Beyonce's "4" was considered a big under-performance. "Rated R" appeared to be the beginning of the end for rihanna's pop reign, but she's obviously turned it around. Some girls bounce back and others don't. 

1 minute ago, Easy said:

I’m not a pro but my professor in a pop music course has a whole theory behind that. He said that the artists who survive their flop era will win in long run. If not they are pretty much done. He used Xtina and Gaga as some of the examples.

So did your prof said Gaga is going to win in the long run :giggle: Talent always wins :reductive:

TheRoof
2 minutes ago, Easy said:

that means gaga wins and x6 will never see the light?

DoremonLove

Honestly until i started following n liking gaga i didnt even knew she had a flop era:ladyhaha:

this may happen bcoz too much of exposure n people get bored like i am already bored of taylor reputation everywhere:interestinga:

How can anoyone not love gaga

1 minute ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

that means gaga wins and x6 will never see the light?

He literally shaded xtina by saying if you have 2 flops in a row you better start getting a The Voice contract. So I’m worried about KP. I mean Gwen, Miley, Jessie J etc all flopped after being overexposed on such shows.

3 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

So did your prof said Gaga is going to win in the long run :giggle: Talent always wins :reductive:

He is a Tony/Elton/Stevie stan so I think just like the legends, my professor knows the tea.

TheRoof
2 minutes ago, Easy said:

He literally shaded xtina by saying if you have 2 flops in a row you better start getting a The Voice contract. So I’m worried about KP. I mean Gwen, Miley, Jessie J etc all flopped after being overexposed on such shows.

screen-shot-2017-05-17-at-11.10.01.png

:ohno: lets see 

Phoebe Buffay

This happened to Madonna too.

True Blue - TFM

Like a Prayer - BTW

Erotica - AP

Bedtime Stories - Joanne

Ray of Light - LG6 (OMG :udidnt:)

Archived