Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
story

Just Saw A Star is Born Prescreening!

Ziggy

Featured Posts

7 hours ago, FrankGutz said:

yas!!! i lowkey like folk rock, my other 2 faves Mandy Moore and Sophie Ellis Bextor are doing that rn, excited tbh

Then you'll really like this music! If I could liken it to any particular band I would say it is a little Springsteen (not the anthemic one she usually emulates, but the somber and more introspective one), and a little Kevin Morby/slightly U2. Its different for Gaga but sounds super good. The pop r&b stuff I have a harder time placing what it sounds like but I can say it isn't as intense as DWUW, more akin to The Cure (only in that it has a sweeter vibe like TC). My favorite song was actually one of the rock ballad numbers but I'm also more inclined towards that genre. Still, it's a FANTASTIC song and super well-performed.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ARTPOPxBITCH said:

Is there any possibility of having another songs that are only for soundtrack and were not in the movie? 

+ @Ziggy thank you for making this thread and thank you for answering our questions.

Easily. They placed lots of songs and only parts of them. I could easily see there being ones that just didn't get put in the movie. If they did, I'd reckon it's anothe pop song or two, but they could with really any of the genres tbh.

and you're welcome! Happy to answer and get that hit thread :whitney:

6 hours ago, Danny Milk said:

Song Titles please

Sorry I can't remember any besides Heal Me because she mentions that one by name in the movie. The others could have had a few different ones based on how they sound so I don't really remember them. Don't flay me!

6 hours ago, GypsyBabe said:

So in a nutshell... Gaga's acting is good, movie has pacing issues, songs are bops, and we get a vagina flash for no reason. 

:tony:

Yeah! And I'm sure some won't mind it and will just like seeing Gaga and hearing her sing, but that's really the only big problem. I thought certain songs were better than certain Joanne songs tbh and since they would have fit the album vibe could have been on there. If nothing else this shows Gaga's incredible versatility as a songwriter.

12 hours ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

In a GP/non-biased POV how was her acting compared to AHS? I know it's a taboo topic but I'm scared cuz of the fillers. Does it hinder her ability in any way? The fillers were perfect for the Countess and Scathach but how is it here? will it blow us away or is it just good?

Sorry forgot to answer part of this: I didn't even notice the fillers. She was super facially expressive.

Luzaleja

Is the nudity part of the storyline? Or does it feel gratuitous? 

I’m so excited for this movie now :excited2:

Pray4FameGa
6 hours ago, GypsyBabe said:

So in a nutshell... Gaga's acting is good, movie has pacing issues, songs are bops, and we get a vagina flash for no reason. 

:tony:

Queen of vaginas, bops and major motion pictures... :diane::selena:

2 minutes ago, Brie Candy said:

Is "How do you dat do dat do dat do dat to me?" true? do you like this song?

It's there; she's dancing to it. It's hard to tell if it's good or not because we mostly just here the chorus, but it's very very pop. It wasn't abysmal, though lol her voice sounds good. I just don't want to rate it from having heard so little of it.

2 minutes ago, Luzaleja said:

Is the nudity part of the storyline? Or does it feel gratuitous? 

I’m so excited for this movie now :excited2:

It didn't feel gratuitous. It was jarring as is any time a vag comes in a flash frame into your gay life, but it didn't feel gratuitous lol

Edible Cloud

I'm so excited about this soundtrack ! Country/Pop/R&B, this will never happen with a 'studio album', too much different style. But that corresponds to the story ("Country singer" > "Popstar").

Where they any standout amazing songs that could be like her IWALY or where they mainly just a bunch of "good/not bad" songs 

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

Archived