question

Why does ARTPOP get so much hate?

Delulu

Is it the worst Gaga album?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Is it the worst Gaga album?

Featured Posts

FilthyPOP414

Fans were upset because they expected an album full of Partynauseous, Burka, and Tea and we basically got an album full of Donatellas. 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HighwayFantasy

I was really frustrated about the whole backlash it got during the era + the failure of several project such as ARTPOP app / singles / videos etc. I almost couldn't enjoy the era... Now that its all over and the whole era is stripped down to the music itself; ITS EPIC. Applause, MJH, ARTPOP, its just so well written and composed, its get me every time.. 

1 minute ago, HighwayFantasy said:

I was really frustrated about the whole backlash it got during the era + the failure of several project such as ARTPOP app / singles / videos etc. I almost couldn't enjoy the era... Now that its all over and the whole era is stripped down to the music itself; ITS EPIC. Applause, MJH, ARTPOP, its just so well written and composed, its get me every time.. 

The album did not, nor does it still deserve the backlash that it got. That all stemmed from the media trying to tear her down, versus actually commenting on the quality of the music. While I do not think the album represents her best work, it does not deserve all the **** that it got. 

Smother Em Eh

Maybe just not what they were expecting and had really high hopes! Or they probably just don't care for it. ARTPOP is EDM perfection for the most part. It has some awesome bops and some ehhhs, but it's overall a good album in my opinion! 

I love the ambition it portrays. Oh and did I mention the carefree feeling too? It's also a perfect album to bust out some moves on the dance floor. 

And why do you have to do C2C like that? :( 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

It's an okay album. Gaga herself, the album, and the era overall, did not deserve the sh*t it got.

That said, the album felt... diluted. I wasn't able to fully appreciate it until the tour started, honestly.

3 points in and ready for more

Smother Em Eh
5 hours ago, Andrew2512 said:

I was wondering his taste for a while now :sweat:

As for ARTPOP to answer your question I think it's her weakest album especially coming after the iconic Born This Way the album and it's WW ball that made us and Gaga a family . People including me and most fans were shooked having songs like Donatella Fashion and Jewels N' Drugs after BTW , They are fun dance songs but lyrical wise :trollga: Not to mention The Fame had Poker Face , LoveGame and Paparazzi

TFM had Bad Romance , DITD and Alejadnro 

BTW had literally every song

ARTPOP had amazing songs like Dope and Aura and cool songs like Venus but overall no stand out or something close to the ones I mentioned. Plus Sexxx Dreams Applause MANiCURE and most songs aged like milk.

Not a great album still better than half pop girls careers combined 

I agree with like most of this. But Yeah, AP didn't have real stand out tracks like the others but it did have some of Gaga's best songs. DWUW, Sexxx Dreams, G.U.Y. and Gypsy are all the albums highlights for me (and Aura too). But I feel she could've done better with Applause. Even though it is greatly produced, it sounds like it belongs on BTW. It's a sound she has done already (Poker Face, Alejandro, BTW). You know the trend that was popular in 2010-2011! I just wish Gaga did something fresh with it. You know? 

But AP is still an iconic piece of work that few Artists especially pop, could ever pull off. Like could you imagine Katy Perry singing "Aura" or Britney singing "Venus"? :ladyhaha: 

They perfectly portray Gaga's outlandish and wild persona! 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Alice Melo

Because most people really made a huge idea out of it when Gaga essentially poointed out that it could be anything. Because in modern society we are all searching for meanings and patterns and Gaga destroys that with the rollercoaster that ARTPOP is. Because she references too many stuff that goes beyound literature and philosophy in songs like Sexx Dreams, Aura and Applause. This twists the brain of common sense. It is briliiant and the concept is my favorite among all Gaga's albuns. In fact I'd say it is the only one where she could make a solid one (concept).

But the ARTPOP ERA itself was a mess, this is a fact no monster should deny. And of course it was a mess because of Gaga's courage and determination to do whatever she wanted resulting in conflicts with the men in the suits behind her.

It is my favorite album as a student of philosophy, media, arts and museums.

C2C isn't really one of her albums to me. It's not like she wrote the songs. She just sang a bunch of timeless classics, and I hope doing that meant it rubbed off on her own songwriting ability. :laughga:

bannedT for life and it's SAD

7 hours ago, Andrew2512 said:

Saudi Arabia really messed up your brain 

Mm jazz>experimental noises

Andrew2512
4 hours ago, JosephH said:

I agree with like most of this. But Yeah, AP didn't have real stand out tracks like the others but it did have some of Gaga's best songs. DWUW, Sexxx Dreams, G.U.Y. and Gypsy are all the albums highlights for me (and Aura too). But I feel she could've done better with Applause. Even though it is greatly produced, it sounds like it belongs on BTW. It's a sound she has done already (Poker Face, Alejandro, BTW). You know the trend that was popular in 2010-2011! I just wish Gaga did something fresh with it. You know? 

But AP is still an iconic piece of work that few Artists especially pop, could ever pull off. Like could you imagine Katy Perry singing "Aura" or Britney singing "Venus"? :ladyhaha: 

They perfectly portray Gaga's outlandish and wild persona! 

Yeah it had some great songs but I think tracks like Donatella , Jewels & Drugs and Fashion ( I like them tho :sweat: ) made the critics start a wave of hate and negativity on tbe era and Gaga and then people followed like sheep that's why the era flopped I think.

Andrew2512
2 hours ago, tthen said:

Mm jazz>experimental noises

Well there is something called mood like listening to C2C while studying , relaxing or trying to fall asleep . Great dance songs with great lyrics a.k.a experimental noises are fun at parties or hanging out with friends or are you in the same state of mind 24/7.

Archived