Do you like 'The Cure'?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like 'The Cure'?

Featured Posts

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a bop for sure.

The lyrics and production are a bit generic and watered down, sure, but I can't really bitch about it too much because it's still a bop. I wouldn't call it one of her standout tracks though. I am sorta glad it wasn't super pushed promotionally, didnt have a video, etc. It's sorta like a nice demo.

5 hours ago, MarinaDaQueen said:

I love it alot, but it does remind me that The Fatchokers sadly exists.:saladga:

6 hours ago, rohkeus said:

I like the song, I see that if she promoted it, it would be a huge hit, but it would only be a hit because it was made in this trend that is EDM music now. It seems like a Chainsmokers production to a song with beautifull lyrics.  I think it lacks quality if compared with Gaga latest albums.

Literally sounds nothing remotely similar to The Chainsmokers. 

Yes, I love The Cure. It's probably one of my favorite songs from her. I like it better than most of the songs on Joanne.

Diamond Dog

No I don't like it. Generic and off-brand IMO. Felt like it discredited the Joanne era which I thought of as a fantastic evolution of her artistry.
But hey I'm glad the majority of you enjoy it. I on the other hand ignore its existence.

doppelganger

I do like it. At first listen it seemed generic song packaged into a cute commercial production , but once i paid atttention to the lyrics I really love the message of the song. It’s not your typical love song for sure

Whispering

It grew on me and now I love it. The song has become a fun song between fans and Gaga...and that makes me love it even more!   :heart:

I like the song. It's cute, and its writing is pretty nice. Fantastic melodies.

That said, it's such a weird far cry from Joanne, that it took me a hot second to acclimate to the tonal whiplash.

3 points in and ready for more

adamsenigma
15 hours ago, Gay said:

You know that sound you hear as soon as the song stars and in the instrumental breaks? That airy flute sound thing. I wish the song didn’t have that because it makes it sound too much like that beaver song and also it makes the song sound a bit too overproduced 

Other than that I do LOVE it. And it is a beautiful song 

That's the signature sound in pop music today tho, and it doesn't really sound overproduced, the song is just some synths, drums, snaps bass and vocal FX's. :oprah: Mary Jane Holland, for example, is something I'd call overproduced. :selena:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I read all of you guys, I am glad most of you are capable of appreciating it, however I pray for the soul of those who are not still open to their full-of-hatred hearts to be fixed with Gaga's love :hor:

LadyLuca

No not really....If it wasnt Gaga I would not waste another minute listening to it. But...Its still Gaga you know? thats my problem here x.x

The song is lame, it sounds so basic- It isnt even Gaga-ish for me. It could have been made by anyone else. I dont like her nasal singing and the bridge is just awfully boring. Kinda like the lyrics though! All in all- if I had to give points to the song it would be a 4/10... (if this song would have been sung by anybody else it would be a 2/10 :selena:)

Cant belive she did this but Gaga is a musical-chamäleon. Which means everybody can get 1 song from a genere that they like from her. But its also means that she will do things we dont like. For me it was the Cure. She has proven that she also can do basic music. (wow) - I was very dissapointed in the song.. but whatever I dont have to listen to it, right? Next time I will get Rock-Ga :staymad: (or what her next step is)

Cannot wait to see what she is up to!

It´s not that i hate it,

it´s that this song sounds so much alike to those songs on the charts lately.

Honestly,If it wasn´t a Gaga´s single i wouldn´t have streamed it. 

And most times  i streamed it,i did it just to help it to move up on streaming lists.

The beat is too generic and has terrible quality. I kinda like the song when she does it acoustically or on the piano or really...anything that isn't that dreadful thing (the first time I heard it I thought I clicked on JB's Sorry by accident)

Archived