Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is Beyonce losing her power?

highlikegaga

Featured Posts

highlikegaga

okay, i'm going to get so much hate for this. but i've known mi gentle before Bey and I always thought it was a trash song. ALWAYS

so, imagine my surprise when my Queen B, not someone else, jumped on that stinkin sh-t. I started over-playing the track and now i've seen the light, i guess and i dance to the song, but it's just not her, guys.

she comes off as

Spoiler

cheap:excited2:

at least Gaga doesn't do feats for the sake of whatever

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beyoncé isn’t that much of a household name in where I live (half of my high school students have never heard of her). I never knew she was actually big until I knew how much her album and tour sold. So in my opinion she has never been on the very top, in terms of album size she will flop somehow in the future but she will for a long time be remembered as one of the best performers of all time.

i think reputation already had 1M pre order? Unless ... Ready For It underperforms and they cancel their order, TS decline won’t come until her next album cycle.

I think a lot of people already lost interest in Adele. She will be remembered as the plus size girl who has a good voice I think. She never made an impact as big as Bey Tay or Gaga. I think her next album will be a Joanne sized hit and slowly fade away.

highlikegaga
Just now, Arturo said:

No sane chart watcher expected Mi Gente to go #1.

yet, i thought it would stay in the top 3 for at least a few more weeks. Something like #3 - #3 - #2 - #3

#3 - #6 was shocking.

highlikegaga
Just now, Easy said:

Beyoncé isn’t that much of a household name in where I live (half of my high school students have never heard of her). I never knew she was actually big until I knew how much her album and tour sold. So in my opinion she ha s ever been on the very top, in terms of album size she will flop somehow in the future but she will for a long tim bee remembered as one of the best performers of all time.

i think reputation already had 1M pre order? Unless ... Ready For It underperforms and they cancel their order, TS decline won’t come until her next album cycle.

I think a lot of people already lost interest in Adele. She will be remembered as the plus size girl who has a good voice I think. She never made an impact as big as Bey Tay or Gaga. I think her next album will be a Joanne sized hit and slowly fade away.

i'm so slow. this information completely went over my head.

VillainTina

i dont see beyonce going down ANY second  shes black and black issues get that black dollar

shes got alot to talk about  , even tho she doesn't write her own stuff

it will be written and credited as being the black godess she is

the 4 & beyonce album elevated her but lemonade put her on the pedestal:tony::pray:

she may be hibernating now but you best belive She ALWAYS comes back

tenor.gif

Spoiler

gaga fell off because she dosent have nothing to talk about 

yea she was relatable THEN but the people wanna relate to 

the same struggles and happy feelings 

i wish gaga would have saved joanne for another part of her life , i dont 

like hearing the was in "she was iconic"

Spoiler

no disrespect to michael but shes on his level as being the ____ of pop

Queen Of Red M&M's /// Linda Evangelista /// Id Like To Keep It On Please 😶

KingRedd

Beyoncé focuses on Albums and more so what impact the album has on the culture. When she releases an album it’s always a spectacle. People talk about her for months and she delivers performances. I don’t think she cares about singles. Many artist can sell a single but when you can pull high album numbers you have staying power. Mi gente was a random single that she hoped on ha let’s not use that to determine her career :lolly:

May I Read You? 😎

lost in limbo
32 minutes ago, Easy said:

Beyoncé isn’t that much of a household name in where I live (half of my high school students have never heard of her). I never knew she was actually big until I knew how much her album and tour sold. So in my opinion she has never been on the very top, in terms of album size she will flop somehow in the future but she will for a long time be remembered as one of the best performers of all time.

Adele probs will be remembered as a Barbara Streissand kinda figure tbh. She atleast will be remembered as a great vocalist, bc 25 is up there with the best selling albums, among artists of the 20st century.

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

Ernie Swift

Like someone else said, I think it's because Beyoncé is more of an album artist, and cares about giving an ENTIRE body of work rather than just hits. Also, pop radio NEVER plays her anymore. The last hit she really had on pop radio was Drunk In Love in 2014 I believe. And as much as I love Taylor (Who has always been very much an album artist), reputation will still serve good numbers, but it will take a LOT to peak the 1989 era's level of success. However, despite all of this, Taylor, Beyoncé, and Adele will still be touring forces and the most in-demand live artists, and that is still a victory to make up for underperformance with radio singles.

Love Love Love

No one thought that was gonna be a hit lol.

Plus Beyonce hasn't been a radio star for years. It isn't something that she has strived for throughout this entire decade and yet she's (still) undoubtedly one of the most popular megastars. It's bizarre that people still try and use that as an indication of her popularity when her two most recent albums have been huge cultural events.

Regardless of what you think of her and her music, Beyonce has elevated herself to a status where she doesn't need radio or streaming numbers to use for bragging rights.

Artists hop on singles and do random feats all the time... Why are we so picky of how female artists do? Look at the amount of random collabs that someone like Drake has done over the past year or two that haven't even dented the charts. Why aren't we questioning his power?

sipthistea

Mi Gente is a trash song, so it shouldn't come as a surprise it didn't reach #1.

I'm still surprised a trash song like Despashito went to #1 for so long, but it was due to Justin Beiber's hype. Beyoncé doesn't have the same hype anymore, she's already (as many have said) an album artist. 

Anthony Dylon Suarez
3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Plus Beyonce hasn't been a radio star for years. It isn't something that she has strived for throughout this entire decade and yet she's (still) undoubtedly one of the most popular megastars. It's bizarre that people still try and use that as an indication of her popularity when her two most recent albums have been huge cultural events.

Regardless of what you think of her and her music, Beyonce has elevated herself to a status where she doesn't need radio or streaming numbers to act as bragging rights.

Artists hop on singles and do random feats all the time... Why are we so picky of how female artists do? Look at the amount of random collabs that someone like Drake has done over the past year or two that haven't even dented the charts. Why aren't we questioning his power?

We're not questioning Drake's power because this thread is about Beyonce, duh

highlikegaga
1 minute ago, Harry said:

Regardless of what you think of her and her music, Beyonce has elevated herself to a status where she doesn't need radio or streaming numbers to use for bragging rights.

easy, sis. don't bring gender into this.

beyonce >>>>>>>>>> thousands or years later >>>>>> drake lmao i still love him tho

it's about quality. i never expected her to hop on an already established song, because she's too iconic for this in my eyes.

she doesn't need to be the (feat. Beyonce) on any effin song.

i agree with the rest tho

highlikegaga

in other words, since many people don't seem to get me:

after Lemonade i thought Mi Gente would go #1 just because it had the hype and the Bey name.

she's still iconic. i'm not doubting her credibility. i'm giving my opinion.:pray:

Archived