đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Sam Smith comes out as genderqueer

Hades

Featured Posts

Yo GagaGaga

its funny how people feel such an obligation to give their opinions on other people's lifestyles, when in reality it won't affect their own lives in the slightest

S4fgNNW.gif

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlexanderMagno

Well, truth is, he really toned down a lot of his attitude to get to where he is today.

I love Sam Smith's music, but I'm not impressed by this "genderqueer" statement or whatever it's named. He basically decided to act like a "socially acceptable man" and hide his drag passion in order to get famous. And you can't say he wasn't comfortable with his gender before, because he has been out and about since 17.

I find very hard to admire a guy who willingly decided to tone down as much as possible his attitude in order to get successful. Of course, if he hadn't done that he would've never be chosen to do a James Bond song, and win an Oscar. But if he decided to do that route, then maybe he should stick to it, instead of talking about drag and gender as if he was some sort of advocate of that theme. I don't like how artistic people show the world how unique an extravagant and comfortable with theirselves they are only after they're rich and famous.

FATCAT
2 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

There is only one gender. End of thread. 

Gender is a social construct, and doesn't exist. There are no genders. Only Zuul.

Purr more, hiss less.

I don’t know why, but he reminds me of Ursula from the Little Mermaid.

But yaaas, you betta werk you little gender queer! :crossed:

imnotyourbabe10

While gender is a social construct and there are a million genders :stalkga: these days...with him I just have to :derpga:

[I have a degree in gender studies and still feel like the the radical gender theorists are a bit out of touch--in the sense that their message is polarizing to the degree that it won't make meaningful change--especially to the general public--- although their message is not inaccurate or invalid!]

59 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Well, truth is, he really toned down a lot of his attitude to get to where he is today.

I love Sam Smith's music, but I'm not impressed by this "genderqueer" statement or whatever it's named. He basically decided to act like a "socially acceptable man" and hide his drag passion in order to get famous. And you can't say he wasn't comfortable with his gender before, because he has been out and about since 17.

I find very hard to admire a guy who willingly decided to tone down as much as possible his attitude in order to get successful. Of course, if he hadn't done that he would've never be chosen to do a James Bond song, and win an Oscar. But if he decided to do that route, then maybe he should stick to it, instead of talking about drag and gender as if he was some sort of advocate of that theme. I don't like how artistic people show the world how unique an extravagant and comfortable with theirselves they are only after they're rich and famous.

Why? It's a job/career. You generally tone sh*t down in your career. There are a lot of things you don't do on the job that you do in your personal life. Why do you feel entitled to know every little thing about somebody cause they're in the public eye? :what:

Chromatislaps
3 hours ago, 2007 said:

He must own a fancy closet, the one with multiple doors to get out (and in) you know 

5kdLahG.jpg

bitch I can't 

5kdLahG.jpg

I'm late to the party, I'll never get many many reactions like the first posts:madge:

And I had so many good things to write for you to enjoy :madge:

You lost :neyde:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

scallywally
3 hours ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Oh nooo, who knows what he will do in the future? we don't. If you were going to a job interview would you go in your pyjamas?

To get started we need to pay BILLS, its equally respectful we aren't living in the future. Does anybody think gaga wears her meat dress to make toast in the morning?? He's done something quite personal and big to say this just for starts yet some 'open minded' gagadaily poster slag him off. He hasn't kept it a secret that's a HUGE step. people should be patting him on the back and encouraging. Yet ignorant people are the reason why he obviously feels he has had to hold back.

ENCORAGE, NOT NEGATVITY I give up with this forum sometimes, I cant get my head round it. Its like a mean girls nobody can win syndrome.

Cant we all be nice and support everyone to do their own journey and not judge??? Sam Smith can do what he wants.

Judas Oyster
6 hours ago, Hades said:

“People don’t know this, but when I was 17, I remember becoming obsessed with Boy George and Marilyn,”

I'm guessing Monroe. But could it be Manson? That would be even cooler.

Archived