Sam Smith comes out as genderqueer

Hades

Featured Posts

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sizzily
5 minutes ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

I mean, the topic references gender queerness, and some people believe that other people's existences and identities are invalid or stupid because they personally don't understand them (or have misinformed beliefs about gender as a concept).

Do you not think its worth talking about? Or are you just tired of hearing it?

If its the latter, imagine being a non binary person and having to defend yourself to the vast majority of the world that doesn't believe your own feelings are valid :emma: 

I'm honestly so tired of it lol. I was on the side of calling it stupid but now I just feel like its whatever. If I have o expand my vocabulary to include some new gender terms for the handful of gender non-conforming people I might come across, fine. But this whole "misinformed beliefs about gender as a concept" is dumb. Why should anyone believe there are millions of genders. And why should they all of a sudden shift their beliefs to accommodate some outliers? 

And is that last part supposed to make me feel sympathetic? ok sis.

One Banned Boi

Rabbit Heart
2 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

the people still salty over an oscar win from 3 yrs ago! LIKE OMG 

get a life

First of all, it was last year, and second of all, you could get a life too since we're all here! xoxo 

Supersonic
1 minute ago, LetsGetHigh said:

You seem triggered. Chill, was just giving my two cents on what's being said here. 

Oh I am actually lovely, I'm just really curious to know why somebody who is in the full knowledge of not knowing all facts to a situation would still give their two cents.

If I was in your postion, I wouldn't post at all just because I don't like being possibly incorrect or making uneducated guesses. :shrug:

4 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

get a life

I think the majority of them are joking :happy:

thatfoxyfeeling

I feel like his label tried to hide his sexuality when he first came around with SWM, I respect him for being open and not denying him being gay. There are so many artists who are still in the closet, I think we all need to drop the Oscars thing because Gaga would be proud to see a fan of hers becoming successful.

3 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

get a life

1. it happened last year

2. learn to get a joke before you quote me again 

Just now, Rabbit Heart said:

First of all, it was last year, and second of all, you could get a life too since we're all here! xoxo 

Just now, Triggered said:

1. it happened last year

2. learn to get a joke before you quote me again 

:bye:

Supersonic
1 minute ago, Sizzily said:

I'm honestly so tired of it lol. I was on the side of calling it stupid but now I just feel like its whatever. If I have o expand my vocabulary to include some new gender terms for the handful of gender non-conforming people I might come across, fine. But this whole "misinformed beliefs about gender as a concept" is dumb. Why should anyone believe there are millions of genders. And why should they all of a sudden shift their beliefs to accommodate some outliers? 

And is that last part supposed to make me feel sympathetic? ok sis.

Because there are. The only people who had a system of "two genders only" are white europeans. Wherever you go from Asian across to Native Americans, everybody kind of had a term for gender-nonconforming people, they just disappeared because of colonialism. Most famously the Native American concept of the "Two Spirit" gender, aka a person who inhabits both a male and a female soul. :shrug:

Sizzily
Just now, Supersonic said:

Because there are. The only people who had a system of "two genders only" are white europeans. Wherever you go from Asian across to Native Americans, everybody kind of had a term for gender-nonconforming people, they just disappeared because of colonialism. Most famously the Native American concept of the "Two Spirit" gender, aka a person who inhabits both a male and a female soul. :shrug:

And what of it? 

One Banned Boi

Morphine Prince
9 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

get a life

It was actually last year. 

9 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

get a life

No I will remain pressed until I'm on my deathbed. I've decided my last words on this earth will be "Lady Gaga deserved that 2016 Oscar".

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Reality
22 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

this is so confusing.......

It may seem confusing at first, but once you get to know it, it really isn't.

Think of it like this: gender is "above the belt," and sex is "below the belt". Gender is what you identify as, for example, you can biologically be a male, but you identify as a female. Female would be your gender. Sex is the biological aspects of a human being, for example, men have a penis and testicles while women have ovaries and a vagina. 

Your sex and your gender can match, but they don't have to. For transgender people, they're sex and gender don't match, which is why a lot of them transition, so that they do match.

Being genderqueer means that you either don't identify as either gender, or you identify as both equally. In the case of Sam Smith, he said that he identifies as easily with being female as he does with being a male. All this means is that he doesn't want to be constricted to society's views of what gender are and instead decides that he wants to identify as either/or.

🃏🖤👹

Archived