💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Lady Gaga performs at #OneAmericaAppeal tonight

Monsterious

Featured Posts

ArtGagaPop
2 minutes ago, SILENT HILL said:

Yes she did! Unfortunately I don’t have video of her literally saying that but I’m not lying lol. I would never lie about this. My avi is our selfie from last night

Hopping RIIA will certify her next week, just in time for the grammy voters :lolly:

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, scallywally said:

I know what you mean but they would've made the same money with or without her. Its great to see her back on stage again but the timing was wrong. She has enough money to donate. Its the fans I feel sorry for aswell as the poor souls at the moment. Bad timing is all I'm saying She looked and sounded great. If you've got a concert 5,000 miles away that night where fans have lost their savings. Stay at home and do a charity show a different night.

But they wouldn't have.  The whole idea was to leverage her reach because she is well known.  She mentioned the million dollars she gave because it might encourage others to give something.  She went out of her way to do this performance because she has a big heart.  She had no control over needing to cancel/postpone concerts because of severe pain, and she feels sorry for those fans.  But she does what she can, and this platform was big enough that she thought she could help.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Runway
11 hours ago, scallywally said:

I'm with you. She cancelled on me too, I wont make the new date. I think maybe 'the management' got today all wrong. It looks like they want the grammy doing this more than not saying she was better and going to Copenhagen to play her piano for let down fans tonight losing money on hotels and flights. Its like going to disneyland when you are off work sick.

She was great of course but its rubbing it in the nose of tonights ticket holders. Its completely wrong. Ill get shouted at for saying that but think about it..

I'm pretty sure the LM's (were a family after all) that have lost the flight, train and hotel money would've loved just those 3 songs from Gaga rather than nothing. Its taking the piss out of us.

Entire families lost their homes due to the hurricanes and all you can think about is how YOU are having a bad time because you’re not going to your precious concert? Really? 

maxthewonderdog

This is fantastic! Love her so much and what a performance! I heard this on the news last night in the car and was totally surprised!

I feel like she hasn’t played the piano this well in a long time or ever. Without any backing she was going hard on the keys

BornSimon
2 hours ago, Scar97 said:

I feel like she hasn’t played the piano this well in a long time or ever. Without any backing she was going hard on the keys

I thought the same, she was playing it SO well.

I think a lot of you guys underestimate what the GP knows about her. Her humanitarian efforts, toned down style and such are much more common place in conversations these days than anything else. 

Katie14

I absolutely love when she plays chords and speaks at the same time and her speech was so eloquent and sincere.

WOW, she owned that stage! I bet the atmosphere was great while she was there. She messed up some chords but she played it out like the queen she is, she was probably nervous it's not everyday you play in front of 5 presidents.

LIKELADYAGAGA
19 hours ago, scallywally said:

I'm with you. She cancelled on me too, I wont make the new date. I think maybe 'the management' got today all wrong. It looks like they want the grammy doing this more than not saying she was better and going to Copenhagen to play her piano for let down fans tonight losing money on hotels and flights. Its like going to disneyland when you are off work sick.

She was great of course but its rubbing it in the nose of tonights ticket holders. Its completely wrong. Ill get shouted at for saying that but think about it..

I'm pretty sure the LM's (were a family after all) that have lost the flight, train and hotel money would've loved just those 3 songs from Gaga rather than nothing. Its taking the piss out of us.

You act like she didn't care when she had to cancel the European leg. She had NO idea if she would even be well enough to finish the U.S. tour. She's feeling better and decides to DO SOMETHING last minute and goes to help raise money for people who lost everything and YOU'RE upset because it feels like a slap in the face. 

giskardsb
16 hours ago, scallywally said:

I know what you mean but they would've made the same money with or without her. Its great to see her back on stage again but the timing was wrong. She has enough money to donate. Its the fans I feel sorry for aswell as the poor souls at the moment. Bad timing is all I'm saying She looked and sounded great. If you've got a concert 5,000 miles away that night where fans have lost their savings. Stay at home and do a charity show a different night.

there is just a bit of difference between Gaga flying herself for a few songs vs setting up an entire pop concert with staging, lighting, dancers, band, etc.  You can't just decide "oh hey I feel good today lets do that European date I already rescheduled."

She had no control over the timing of the benefit.  She happened to be available, it's for a good cause, so she went.   It'd be stupid for her to skip something just because a few fans might feel a bit annoyed that she is apparently feeling better now.

Amazing performance!

I could do without "You and I" as the lyric don't really suit the event like the other two songs did. And the speeches was a bit too much for me. But other than that (and the lyrics mix up in MR) it was an amazing performance. Loved the falsetto and I agree this was probably the best piano playing I've seen her do.

It really does feel like she's reaching legend status. She's getting a lot of standing ovations in the last few years.

Archived