Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Katy Perry's 'Witness' Falls Off Billboard 200

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

Born To Slay

Compare that to Kesha

1-5-16-14-26-27-33-34-46

Kesha has yet to leave the top 50 despite having a fraction of the promo Katy had.

Seriously, Kesha did GMA, Fallon, Ellen and Iheart Radio. That's it. Katy Perry did massive promo. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not what she deserves :noparty: 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

DiscoHeaven23
Just now, seXXX dreams said:

Who will Katy cats will blame this on

Halloween is coming, people need money for candy and can't buy the album

vinster13
Just now, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Halloween is coming, people need money for candy and can't buy the album

oMG I WAS GONNA SAY HALLOWEEN BUT I felt like people WOULDNT Get the reference YOU MADE My DaY

TimisaMonster

So I guess the tour is NOT doing it's job? :selena:

Wow...this era...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

StrawberryBlond

I had no idea that it fell to #13 in its second week, nor that it only had 10 weeks overall in the top 100. Absolutely shocking. How can someone who has over 25 million YouTube subscribers, a #4 peaking lead single with 2.8 million likes and over 400 million views have such low sales? It makes no sense. Even Swish Swish has garnered over 2.8 million likes, her most liked video from this era. So, why has the single failed to even hit the Billboard top 40? Her fans really support her to crazy levels online but don't want to actually buy her music anymore. It's so weird. Fans of that level usually buy everything their fave puts out with slavish devotion, no matter how bad it is. It certainly was the case for her up to and including Dark Horse. So, the downfall of Katy is a bizarre thing that her record label must be tearing its hair out to solve and pinpoint what the hell went wrong. Not to mention the even more pressing dilemma of how to fix it with the next album.

But its all proved one thing - that showing true talent, building a solid musical identity and attracting older demographics is the key to longevity in the industry. Katy has spent too long churning out catchy pop tunes for the young pop fans but has never actually put in the work to improve her vocals, build a solid musical identity (she's a different person with every song, from a crazy sex kitten to a devoted girlfriend) or appeal to older demographics. Now she's almost 33 and losing it because she realises that she's played the game wrong and shouldn't have taken this long to start trying to mature her music.

Ken Zahn

And that ladies and gentlemen is why we Stan Lady Gaga, not Katy Floppy.

I'm a huntie and y'all should be one too 😉

Anderson123

That's really sad for an artist like Katy who has always dominated the charts. I don't know if it's the lack of Dr. Luke or just fans have moved on but totally didn't expect Witness to tank like that. At least it doesn't have cringe-worthy songs (Edit: Lol I forgot about Bon Appétit, Swish Swish and a couple others but I meant the cheesy instrumentals) like Peacock, Last Friday Night, Birthday, Roar, This Is How We Do, etc. that have turned me off in the past and the instrumentals are more interesting this time. I'm not a fan of her but she has made good songs before that were my guilty pleasure like ET, The One That Got Away and Dark Horse.

I guess this happens to every artist at some point in their career, you can't just be on top forever.

5 hours ago, Born To Slay said:

Compare that to Kesha

1-5-16-14-26-27-33-34-46

Kesha has yet to leave the top 50 despite having a fraction of the promo Katy had.

Seriously, Kesha did GMA, Fallon, Ellen and Iheart Radio. That's it. Katy Perry did massive promo. 

I'm a huge fan of Kesha, and would be even if she never charted.  I'm glad her recent success is making her happy.  :wub:

I live outside the space time continuum.

Psychedelic

Joanne also has been out of the chart for couple of weeks and been back, I dont know if Katy wil return, yet this type of threads are so unecessary.

Most hated fan base... its.whtashedeserves.gif

Archived