gag

Featured Posts

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regina George
6 minutes ago, Doot said:

Let's put this into perspective...

Not counting songs they have helped WRITE, which is an entirely different story than PRODUCING.

Here are the songs White Shadow has produced:

Born This Way

Government Hooker

Americano 

Bloody Mary

Bad Kids

Highway Unicorn

Electric Chapel

Sexxx Dreams

Jewels N Drugs

MANiCURE

DWUW

ARTPOP

Applause

The Cure

Here are the songs RedOne has produced:

Just Dance

Lovegame

Poker Face

Money Honey

Boys Boys Boys

Paper Gangsta

Bad Romance

Alejandro

Monster

So Happy I Could Die

Judas

Hair

Scheisse

Here are the songs Garibay produced:

Dance In The Dark

Marry The Night

Born This Way

Americano

Blood Mary

Bad Kids

Highway Unicorn

Heavy Metal Lover

The Edge Of Glory

DJWS is the worst out of those 3.. :selena: RedOne and Fernando come back!

Just now, ReginaGeorge said:

DJWS is the worst out of those 3.. :selena: RedOne and Fernando come back!

I mean...:sweat:

Personally, RedOne will always be my favorite that she has worked with. Although, I really enjoy the production from Darkchild and Teddy Riley.

If asked, my personal preference would be for her to continue working with new producers and expand her sound, but obviously my opinion doesn't affect anything.

Regina George
8 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Paul is versatile in his production and isn't afraid to try things completely new and different - just like Gaga. That's why I think they are the dream team. I will not stand for any of you disrespecting him.

What even? He is the most unoriginal producer Gaga ever worked with.. Express Yourself and The Cure are not new and different at all.. 

Lextyr97
2 minutes ago, LateToCult2k17 said:

Yes. Unless you can prove me wrong 

Least selling album of hers- that's fine to say, but don't you dare say it flopped. 4th highest debut of 2016, and still charting, AND still has yet to be topped without tour bundles first week, Million Reasons is double Platinum, Joanne is eligible for US Platinum, like.... idgi. Joanne did well for today's standards. Much better than ARTPOP during it's time

4 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

Are you serious

9 minutes ago, LateToCult2k17 said:

She did move forward with Mark and got her biggest commercial flop. 

I think scale is important. You have to compare the sales figures to her competitors for BOTH periods.

Now, I am not a chart expert, but ARTPOP and Joanne I think had more or less similar sales figures is regards to the TIME PERIOD they were released (2016's Pop stars were all selling less than 2013).

If you were to look at song chart positions?

Applause - 4

Do What U Want - 13

GUY - 76

Perfect Illusion - 15

Million Reasons - 4 (because of Super Bowl)

Now, I am not stating one album is better than another (I mean, I obviously have my own opinion), but I mean in regards to commercial performance

Jennie Kim
18 minutes ago, LateToCult2k17 said:

She did move forward with Mark and got her biggest commercial flop. 

Who cares, better than keep trying to repeat glories of the past.

Don't get me wrong, I love The Fame and BTW, but they're products of their time. The reason we still love it so much it's pure nostalgia. Mark and Gaga may not have created a masterpiece with Joanne but it's a step in the right direction. They're both acclaimed musicians on their own, just like FJM, Florence, Beck, etc. We can't say the same for her past collaborators.

5 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

Least selling album of hers- that's fine to say, but don't you dare say it flopped. 4th highest debut of 2016, and still charting, AND still has yet to be topped without tour bundles first week, Million Reasons is double Platinum, Joanne is eligible for US Platinum, like.... idgi. Joanne did well for today's standards. Much better than ARTPOP during it's time

You have to take into consideration her competition and the quality of their work, as well as the sales and streaming environment which has for a 100% fact changed drastically since 2013. Joanne more or less had the same type of power as ARTPOP.

Just now, Kara Brasil said:

Who cares, better than keep trying to repeat glories of the past.

Don't get me wrong, I love The Fame and BTW, but they're products of their time. The reason we still love it so much it's pure nostalgia. Mark and Gaga may not be able to create a masterpiece with Joanne but it's a step in the right direction. They're both acclaimed musicians on their own, just like FJM, Florence, Beck, etc. We can't say the same for her past collaborators.

This. Regardless of what occurred with Joanne, I'd still prefer her to continue working with new producers.

I think what we all need to understand that if this woman continues making album every 3-4 years until she is an old lady, she will have more commercial flops, and more disliked albums....JUST like she will have more commercial stars and well received albums.

LateToCult
1 minute ago, TylerBR97 said:

Joanne also had a gold lead that did a free fall almost immediately after it’s releae. MR needed the SB to even get noticed but that still didn’t help the music video’s views out. And stop kidding yourself with the tour bundle thing, P!nk would still outsell Joanne without the bundle. Meanwhile AP has two multi platinum singles and this was all during a time when her career was in a very bad place because of management and controversy. We stan Gaga but that doesn’t mean we have to lie to ourselves like that.

GRIMEZSZ
6 minutes ago, Doot said:

Let's put this into perspective...

Not counting songs they have helped WRITE, which is an entirely different story than PRODUCING.

Here are the songs White Shadow has produced:

Born This Way

Government Hooker

Americano 

Bloody Mary

Bad Kids

Highway Unicorn

Electric Chapel

Sexxx Dreams

Jewels N Drugs

MANiCURE

DWUW

ARTPOP

Applause

The Cure

Paul did not produce The Cure, just wrote it and also wrote TEOG, oh! and remember he produced Brooklyn Nights :bon:. for my part I am very excited that Paul has returned, is very versatile and has created fantastic things with Gaga (sorry for my bad english :selena:)

LIKELADYAGAGA
1 hour ago, Doot said:

I mean, didn’t he technically produce the vast majority of her “least” successful album?

I don't think the fact that it wasn't super successful had anything to do with him.

Tom Nook
22 minutes ago, Doot said:

Born This Way

Government Hooker

Americano 

Bloody Mary

Bad Kids

Highway Unicorn

Electric Chapel

Sexxx Dreams

MANiCURE

DWUW

ARTPOP

Applause

The Cure

And I love them all :tony: 

tenor.gif

Except for one :stalkga:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

4 minutes ago, LU98 said:

Paul did not produce The Cure, just wrote it and also wrote TEOG, oh! and remember he produced Brooklyn Nights :bon:. for my part I am very excited that Paul has returned, is very versatile and has created fantastic things with Gaga (sorry for my bad english :selena:)

You are correct, thank you. I knew he was involved. My bad :selena:

3 minutes ago, changingitup said:

I don't think the fact that it wasn't super successful had anything to do with him.

I mean....there was obviously other factors as well, but simply because we have blinders on when it comes to Gaga does excuse the quality of the material being released...

2 minutes ago, Gardevoir said:

And I love them all :tony: 

Except for one :stalkga:

WHICH ONE

Tom Nook
Just now, Doot said:

You are correct, thank you. I knew he was involved. My bad :selena:

I mean....there was obviously other factors as well, but simply because we have blinders on when it comes to Gaga does excuse the quality of the material being released...

WHICH ONE

The one I deleted from the list :selena:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Archived