Stefani Tee

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

society

'American Horror Story' Inspired Australian Woman to Kill Her Grandfather

Featured Posts

lego

Brittany Jane Dwyer's attorney blames client's horrific actions on hit TV series

At a pre-trial hearing Wednesday, Brittany Jane Dwyer's attorney said that the hit TV series is to blame for his young client's horrific act, which took place in August 2016.

"That aspect of it is very troubling," lawyer Craig Caldicott said (according to the New York Post), citing the show's influence and her young age as reasons for the jury to grant his client leniency. "The popular series explores humankind's capacity for evil and general obsession with crime and murder."

Justice Kevin Nicholson said Dwyer's age – she was 19 when she committed the murder – was the only mitigating factor for sentencing, given how graphic and heartless the crime was.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/american-horror-story-inspired-woman-to-kill-grandfather-w509631

It's not easy love, but you've got friends you can trust

ryanripley

it bothers me when people blame the tv show when it's clearly a mental health issue

for example, people tried to pen 13 Reasons Why as a reason some teens killed themselves which is just awful to glaze over their depression like that

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Bloody Grammys

If it was AHS, we all know what would happen to this girl next :nails:

Df+2~1, Df+2, F+31, BT+2, BT+14 S! WR+3, AOP1+2

Satans Ex Wife

People watch horror movies all the time and don't kill anyone :awkney: So cheap when lawyers try to blame the media for their clients' actions. (Like how everyone blamed Marilyn Manson and "goths" after Columbine when in fact the shooters were motivated by isolation and mental health problems, not "goths") I hope the jury and judge didn't buy in.

How can I protect something so perfect without evil?

Defmix100
10 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

it bothers me when people blame the tv show when it's clearly a mental health issue

Exactly! media won't suddenly turn a normal person into a monster, those qualities already have to be in the person

Trepadation

We're on the seventh season so she must've been new to the franchise :lolly:

Fascination
29 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

This doesn’t happen only with television shows, kids used to steal cop cars, kill people and claim it’s because of a video game or the popular video game “Grand Theft Auto” when they actually have severe mental issues and try to get away with blaming something else while damaging other’s reputation.

ryanripley
Just now, Hyperballad said:

This doesn’t happen only with television shows, kids used to steal cop cars, kill people and claim it’s a video game or the popular video game “Grand Theft Auto” when they actually have severe mental issues and try to get away with blaming something else while damaging other’s reputation.

my favourite thing is the link with video games, cus science has proven it's complete bull so i get pull that receipt against my local white soccar mom trying to tell me how bad video games are for me

hahaa.png

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

That J

It's also similar to when everyone decided to blame Marilyn Manson for the horrific Columbine school shooting. I suppose it's easier to put the blame on something you literally can't control than to admit you're OUT of control. Everyone needs a scapegoat and it can't be the person(s) who do the crime. Clearly they were motivated by art!  Yet, try to watch an hour of a news broadcast here in America. It's the most violent show on television and where's the blame there? This type of thing is as old as Biblical times when people needed a "devil" to excuse their awful behaviors. "The devil made me do it!" Take a look in the mirror....the devil is you! 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

monketsharona

There's million people watching AHS every week, no one kills after watching the show. 

SHE is sick.

SILENT HILL
48 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

for example, people tried to pen 13 Reasons Why as a reason some teens killed themselves which is just awful to glaze over their depression like that

:tea::tea::tea::tea::tea:

Doot
1 hour ago, ryanripley said:

tumblr_ml0d3peuX11rof21lo1_500.gif