💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

'Beautiful Trauma' P!nk's Worst Reviewed Album

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

Well she's still conquering Australia. More and more and more dates keep being added to her tour here. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GypsyBabe

I was disappointed in this album and I honestly think that they were being generous on the scoring. 

⚯͛

Mana Mahad

The album doesn't deserve this .............. :(

it deserves less tbh :reductive:

StrawberryBlond

I'm not surprised. I like her but wow, is she an artist who likes to stay in her comfort zone. After she moved away from her RnB debut and went pop rock with her second album, that seemed to be all the growth she could do. She just basically remade her second album over and over, to varying degrees of success. I think Misundaztood - Funhouse were her best albums but things started getting more basic with The Truth About Love and now its culminated in this, probably her most generic album after her debut. I just think she's run out of things to say so just repeats the same old cliches. I mean, this is the third album in a row where she's complaining about the ups and downs of her marriage to Carey Hart. I mean she'd only been married 2 years when she started writing songs about how hard things had gotten and they had a temporary split. This is just under a decade's worth of marriage complaints by now. I don't know why she's still with this guy and has just had another baby with him. I know relationships aren't all plain sailing but the level of unrest from a couple who are still only in their 30's is really quite unsettling by this point. This level of unrest is usually only something I see in middle aged couples who've been together for 20+ years, not a couple still young and in their prime. I understand how they could be staying together for the sake of the children, but damn, it's not half boring to hear the same old problems repeated ad nauseum. After a 5 year break, you can't come back with something that's under-par. If this is the best she could come up with after 5 years, I don't hold out much hope for the future. It's a shame, because if you put all her best songs together, she has it in her to make that perfect album.

1 hour ago, FinnishGypsy said:

I agree 100% with all of this. When you've previously delivered an incredibly powerful masterpiece like "Dear Mr. President," the relatively vague and generic sociopolitical statement underlying "What About Us" is underwhelming, to say the very least. She's capable of so much more. 

Yeah, after she said in an interview how Trump was even worse than Bush, I wonder how she didn't have a stronger protest song in her than What About Us. Granted, it would be hard to top Dear Mr President, no matter how much more angry you were, but it was like she wasn't even trying to recapture the same brilliance. Just vague lyrics that doesn't reference anyone specifically over a dated dance beat. This isn't the Pink I know. She seems to have lost all her rock n roll spirit, her fun side. This is a time more than ever when an album full of shouty protest songs and self-love anthems for the misfits of the world would be entirely welcome from Pink who used to be the queen of that stuff on the pop music front. She's picked a strange time to suddenly decide to drop all that and simmer down.

HelloBarbara

For me

1. I'm Not Dead

2. Funhouse

3. Beautiful Trauma

4. The Truth About Love

5. M!ssundaztood

6. Can't Take Me Home

7. Try This

Hiiieee

HelloBarbara

1. "Revenge"

2. "Beautiful Trauma"

3. "Secrets"

4. "You Get My Love"

5. "Whatever You Want"

6. "What About Us"

7. "For Now"

8. "I Am Here"

9. "Where We Go"

10. "Barbies"

11. "Better Life"

12. "But We Lost It"

13. "Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken"

Hiiieee

Anderson123

Meh I rarely read reviews and Metacritic scores are not something that I care about when I enjoy an album, especially one of my favorite artists. Beautiful Trauma is a GOOD album but yes, if I compare it to all of her previous records, there is not a song that hooks me the way Just Give Me A Reason, Just Like A Pill, Sober, etc. all have done it. The album is very well done, produced, written but like some people said, it feels very safe for an artist like P!nk in a world where you expect her to talk about more important stuff. Maybe she didn't want the album to be about politics this time and I get that, she has two kids now and is focusing on just being happy and enjoying her life with them, that's fine.

If I weren't a fan of P!nk I probably would not have liked Beautiful Trauma. I probably would've given it a listen and forgot about it but it's the same for Joanne, it's an album that has grown on me because if I weren't a Gaga fan I would've gotten bored of it by the 3rd time I listened to it.

Anyway, Beautiful Trauma is still growing on me with the exception of Revenge, I hope she does well because she deserves it after 5 years of being away.

dynamite

Why are people basing their decision to listen to the album on other people's comments? :/ You don't have the same ears. Or opinions. Just listen and make your own judgement.

On first listen, I like it a lot, there are no bad songs, but no breathtaking standouts really either.

sarahb

If you guys want something really 'different' from Pink check out her You+Me album, it's pretty much folk music if anyone's into that.

3 hours ago, Blake said:

Well she's still conquering Australia. More and more and more dates keep being added to her tour here. 

Is it normal for artists to keep adding dates before the general sale has even happened? :sweat:

geopang

I love P!nk, but this album was mediocre at best. Nothing "P!nk" about it. It's just a set of bland, generic pop songs.

Married the Night
9 hours ago, monketsharona said:

I guess it means Joanne is an okay album too ^^

Joanne is better. By far. I love beautiful trama but it isn’t cohesive. There are only 2 stand out tracks. 

Well reading this thread pretty much killed all my chances of wanting to listen to this album. :/ But I loved What About Us and Whatever You Want.

YeehawKylie

It was an average album, which is a shame because I love the lead single. Nothing else aside from What About Us stood out to me. The title track almost gets there, but it’s ‘My Humps’ like chorus kind of holds it back. There’s just nothing that interesting, which is a shame. 

I felt like TTAB had more standout tracks and BT really didnt. Its not awful and I might listen to certain songs but everyone is allowed to have an underwhelming album. She will probably do better with her next one

Archived