Oh well

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drin Lon
17 minutes ago, monster78619 said:

I actually love some of the songs

granted, the album is missing that P!nk feeling, but still

Yeah I think people maybe don't like it cause it's not "P!nk" enough for them :gum:

Idk I really enjoyed it

Robo Ga

The first couple songs are alright but like I couldn't even get through the rest of it, it was just boring me to tears 

🤖⚡️

FinnishGypsy
1 hour ago, sipthistea said:

I don't know what happened to her. She used to be the outcast who brought the huge tunes to the table. A true pop-rock star.

And now she made this boring pop album with Max Martin, Shellback, Jack Antonoff and other high profile producers. 

Actually, the vast majority of her greatest hits are by Max Martin (with several of those being in collaboration with Shellback and/or Dr. Luke). The following tracks are all by Martin:

"Who Knew"
"U + Ur Hand"    
"So What"    
"Please Don't Leave Me"    
"Raise Your Glass"
"****in' Perfect"

And that's just an example, there's many more.

PaperIz

I really enjoy the album! Hate the song with Eminem though. Also a reason people might not like it is she just sings anout almost breaking up with her husband on every album, so it's a bit played out.

PaperGypsy

it's a cute album but there is not one song that completely snatched me unlike every other album of hers (even tho there are still some good songs)

what kind of bubblegum have you been blowing lately?

BlingNotTheMusic
1 hour ago, Drin Lon said:

Yeah I think people maybe don't like it cause it's not "P!nk" enough for them :gum:

Idk I really enjoyed it

Well it’s sort of like when you really enjoy an artist’s aesthetic and sound that they have built for almost 20 years, and a new project is lacking that. Long time fans may not be into it. 

Just my opinion...

Versace

I actually enjoyed the album a lot 

I think with P!NK she always delivers to a standard (great vocals, meaningful lyrics and empowering tunes)

Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken deserves a Grammy tbh, listen to the song before you roll your eyes

I think the problem here is her not evolving much. By now we've seen every side to her the angry, the sad, the happy.

I don't think she ever dips too much outside the "pop rock" or "soulful pop" genre. I honestly think she needs to overhaul her entire sound with the next album, opt for something "country" or "jazzy" i guess. Otherwise I really don't feel she has much more to offer. Beautiful Trauma to me felt like the B-sides of The Truth About Love and since TTAL is her best album (IMO) it wouldn't be far fetched to say Beautiful Trauma is among her best. 

That J

Ok so I'm a fairly big fan and I do like the majority of this album however, it's not nearly as good as P!nk herself can be.  P!nk has had such consistent albums in her past to where she can't get away with "pretty good" like some other artists can. To me, her best album ever is "I'm Not Dead". "Beautiful Trauma" has some good moments but overall it doesn't have that hard emotional raw bite she can do so well.  This is more polished, slower, a little trendy even. There's also a 3-4 song middle that drags the album down.  When it's good, it's good (Revenge, Whatever You Want, Secrets) but when it's sleepy, it's tired!   There's still some classic P!nk elements but overall this is a Maroon 5. 

5 stars out of 10

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

FinnishGypsy
1 hour ago, That J said:

P!nk has had such consistent albums in her past to where she can't get away with "pretty good" like some other artists can. To me, her best album ever is "I'm Not Dead". "Beautiful Trauma" has some good moments but overall it doesn't have that hard emotional raw bite she can do so well.

I agree 100% with all of this. When you've previously delivered an incredibly powerful masterpiece like "Dear Mr. President," the relatively vague and generic sociopolitical statement underlying "What About Us" is underwhelming, to say the very least. She's capable of so much more. 

Bloody hooker

The album is okay, but it wasn’t what I and most likely everybody else was expecting from P!nk. The album’s score seems reasonable. Between 60-72 is the best area for the album in my opinion.

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.

Archived