Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Taylor Swift Reputation SPS?

rumours

Featured Posts

rumours

I was looking at upcoming album release dates and realized that Reputation by Taylor Swift will be out in just over a month from now. 

Many female pop singers have been experiencing lukewarm responses (in terms of sales) to their new releases. With that said, what do you all think the album's first week SPS numbers will be? Will she match the first week sales of her previous releases? Why or why not?

Taylor_Swift_-_Reputation.png 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rumours
1 minute ago, PeterPan said:

how did 1989 do?

It sold 1.287 million copies in its first week of sale in the U.S.

ryanripley

i think they'll be strong just by her name alone but i'm more interested in second week sales

will she drop or stay?

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

LateToCult

If the YouTube views start counting by then and she goes on Spotify I expect her to do nearly 2M first week.

ryanripley
Just now, LateToCult2k17 said:

If the YouTube views start counting by then and she goes on Spotify I expect her to do nearly 2M first week.

they already do count but for only one chart, i think

1.2mil SPS

800k Pure

Obviously she’s doing less than 1989 in pure sales but I don’t think she’ll drop that hard and will have the biggest opening for an album since 25 (beating Drake, Bey and Ed easily imo). 

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

rumours
4 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

i think they'll be strong just by her name alone but i'm more interested in second week sales

will she drop or stay?

Yeah, that will for sure be interesting. However, "Look What You Made Me Do" has been doing worse than her lead single for 1989. Nevertheless, I'd be shocked if Reputation wasn't number one on the BB200 for at least 3-4 weeks.

SevenWonder

For some reason I can't post on the Charts thread. Any chartsters know what Joanne's SPS are for the US? WW?

TIA!!

ryanripley
Just now, Rumours1977 said:

Yeah, that will for sure be interesting. However, "Look What You Made Me Do" has been doing worse than her lead single for 1989. Nevertheless, I'd be shocked if Reputation wasn't number one on the BB200 for at least 3-4 weeks.

i haven't been into taylor swift into now but a few people here have said her second single tends to do better than the lead (minus Shake It Off), hopefully Ready For It isn't the second single since it's not being pushed to smash and we can see how this era will shape up :oprah: 

ryanripley
1 minute ago, SevenWonder said:

For some reason I can't post on the Charts thread. Any chartsters know what Joanne's SPS are for the US? WW?

TIA!!

i think you need more reputation points! i can't remember the number but i think it's around 50?

rumours
Just now, ryanripley said:

i haven't been into taylor swift into now but a few people here have said her second single tends to do better than the lead (minus Shake It Off), hopefully Ready For It isn't the second single since it's not being pushed to smash and we can see how this era will shape up :oprah: 

I mean... "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" was the lead single from Red, and it did quite well.

1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

Shake it Off was #1 for 4 weeks and she replaced herself with Blank Space for 7 weeks :hor: I hope her 2nd single is like that lmao

Archived