💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lorde out-songwriter-ed our faves. Why?

Moebius

Featured Posts

Chuckles
23 hours ago, Drin Lon said:

She doesn't have Paparazzi, Bad Romance, Speechless Dance In The Dark, Mary The Night, BTW, The Edge Of Glory, The Queen, Bloody Mary, Yoü And I, DWUW, Aura, Diamond Heart, Joanne, Million Reasons and Angel Down...so no :queenga:

I really can't relate to Lorde's lyrics

I just love "I'm your biggest fan, I'll follow you until you love me"

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fabuIesque
23 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Call me when she out-songwrites this 

c9f85e032eb48072541ce71083a11b62.1000x10

giphy.gif

glad to see someone with taste here

Rabbit Heart

I like how she doesn't need rhymes in her lyrics, it's her singing style that allows her to carry out any lyrics! She's really something else, but certainly not everyones cup of tea! She'll be sweeping those Grammys next year, deserved it, Melodrama is great! 

littlepotter
4 hours ago, Moebius said:

maybe your internet sucks? :poot: 

its cool with me

yes now its fast also i love it already

chaeri pls

littlepotter
5 hours ago, SlayGagaloo said:

Lorde could never create anything that's close to the masterpiece "Paparazzi" 

xoxo :reductive:

nnnnnnnnn اوك

chaeri pls

Bradley

Gaga is more of an entertainer pop-star, she explained several times that she didn't want to go all alternative/country and that's why she enlisted Bloodpop to put a pop touch on Joanne.

Mark Ronson and Gaga herself also wrote songs in the pop manner.

I'm saying this because I find Lorde's lyrics to be too non-mainstream, which is a little too deep for mainstream media. That's why Lorde can't make a Shape of You-level megahit with this album cause generic lyrics take you to the charts.

Moebius
3 hours ago, Bradley said:

Gaga is more of an entertainer pop-star, she explained several times that she didn't want to go all alternative/country and that's why she enlisted Bloodpop to put a pop touch on Joanne.

Mark Ronson and Gaga herself also wrote songs in the pop manner.

I'm saying this because I find Lorde's lyrics to be too non-mainstream, which is a little too deep for mainstream media. That's why Lorde can't make a Shape of You-level megahit with this album cause generic lyrics take you to the charts.

Where did she say all of this? I'm actually very intrigued :O 

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

Bradley
1 hour ago, Moebius said:

Where did she say all of this? I'm actually very intrigued :O 

It's not an exact quote, it's been said several times that she didn't want to deviate too far from pop music, because apparently some consider Joanne as soft-rock and country, so Bloodpop's job was to put the pop touch on the more 'organic' and 'analogue' sound of Joanne.

swakby
On 10/7/2017 at 9:43 PM, LM said:

Why is there always the need to compare artists? Lorde can be a great songwriter/musician even without dragging other artists

Also, music is a subjective thing. I can say that Witness is better than any of Lorde's albums and you just can't prove that I'm wrong.

look at the title of the thread honey 

holy scheisse

Yeah Melodrama is next level sh*t

But as Lorde told us from the beginning,

all work and no play
never made [her] lose it
all business all day
keeps [her] upper level 
all work and no play
lonely on that new sh*t

:whitney:

Lorde is an incredible lyricist. Maybe not the best pop writer or composer or even arranger, but her lyrics are really, really good.

Like, I wouldn't consider a majority of her songs as anything catchy, or even easy to listen to. However, when taken the time to actually listen to her lyrics, it's amazing.

3 points in and ready for more

freebit
On 10/7/2017 at 2:45 PM, RIPheygirl said:

Y'all forgot dat Ceremonials existed ashamed and disappointed :neyde:

I feel like Florence is weirdly overlooked on pop forums compared to Lorde and Lana (when we talk about ~alt girls~ anyway). Fiona Apple too. It kind of reminds me of how the same places act like Ariana is the only popstar who can sing when there is Beyonce, Gaga, Demi, Adele etc. Stans have short term memories.

Archived