Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga on LV shooting - calls for unity and legal action

Rifek

Featured Posts

Too many guns in America to reasonably ban them. The black market would quickly become mainstream due to mass protest and legal resistance. It would be worse than prohibition.

Also, where do most gun related incidents happen hmm i wonder oh yeah THAT'S RIGHT

GUN FREE ZONES

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ferretti
17 minutes ago, Melech said:

No.

ter·ror·ism

ˈterəˌrizəm/

noun

the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

True, but that definition is evolving with modern day 'terror' attacks. I think in a few years a second definition will be added which drops the political requirement.

I wish people weren't so awful that we may actually need to make the definition of terrorism broader...

disco stick tester, inquire within

River
4 minutes ago, SEANGT said:

and there are already 300 million + guns in america so we'd have to literally take them away before things got better. Like they did in australia. Which we should do. But even a background check law would be something. Why do we never do ANYTHING with gun control?? Also I honestly don't care if this specific person got guns legally or not. We need more gun control. This is a good time to make it happen. 

I'm all for gun control, they took so many lives and I hate guns and violence, but for this specific attack, it wouldn't matter because if now there would be 0 guns in the US thanks to the guns control, he still would have the illegal guns and do this attack..

What is more important to check now is from where he got them and how he succeed in entering those guns into the US territory.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Anveeroy
43 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

We do NOT know if it's terrorism yet. 

do you know what exactly terrorism is? 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Morphine Prince
45 minutes ago, drinkmytears said:

By definition it's an act of terror...

44 minutes ago, Stef said:

This man opened fire on a crowd of 15,000+ with the intention of instilling terror into the lives of innocent people. This is absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, an act of terrorism.

42 minutes ago, Red said:

Terrorism is not only when ISIS kills people, you know

That's not the FBI definition of terror attack, but ok. 

There has to be a political or religious motive and as far as I know we don't have a motive YET. 

I know we live in a post-truth era but definitions, facts, and details are important. 

EDIT: Nevada does categorize it as terrorism but the FBI and international definition cannot be applied as of now. 

Morphine Prince
22 minutes ago, Cruzifix said:

ter·ror·ism

ˈterəˌrizəm/

noun

the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

And where are the political aims? I haven't checked the news in an hour, enlighten me.

Letmelivemylife

Something has to be done. It shouldn't be as easy as it is to buy guns. If you want one, fine but there needs to be stricter regulations. From my understanding, semi automatic weapons are illegal for civilians to own so why on earth does "Joe blow" need a semi automatic rifle? That's like seeing a military working dog at an event and telling your toddler to go hug the doggy

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

drinkmytears
14 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

That's not the FBI definition of terror attack, but ok. 

There has to be a political or religious motive and as far as I know we don't have a motive YET. 

I know we live in a post-truth era but definitions, facts, and details are important. 

EDIT: Nevada does categorize it as terrorism but the FBI and international definition cannot be applied as of now. 

It happened in Nevada so regardless of what the FBI says it's an act of terror. And regardless of what the technical definition by certain dictionaries is, it's clearly terrifying and an act of terror

Morphine Prince
Just now, drinkmytears said:

It happened in Nevada so regardless of what the FBI says it's an act of terror. And regardless of what the technical definition by certain dictionaries is, it's clearly terrifying and an act of terror

Terrorism isn't defined by how "terrifying" something is unless YOU are using it that way. There's a reason the media and authorities aren't calling it that yet no matter what the public says. 

InTraumatica

I can’t at people who are arguing over definition of terrorism  :awkney: Does it even matter now? 

Grigio Guy
13 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

And where are the political aims? I haven't checked the news in an hour, enlighten me.

It was an improper definition I looked up, my apologies.. However, through Vegas laws, this event is defined as a terrorist attack. Terrorist attacks aren't specific to the Middle East. Terrorism has no face and can be caused by anyone.

Religion is a product to sell.

Fascination
1 hour ago, BLACKOUTbritney said:

I live in a country with gun control. Never touched a gun, have never heard a gun and have never met anyone that has ever been shot. Gun control is nothing to be scared of America. It's time to protect your citizens. Stricter gun laws are needed and there's also no need for anyone to own automatic rifles 

Same, I live in The Netherlands you can buy guns illegally ofcourse, and you can get a permit, but it's really stricted. America is so slow when it comes to progress in certain things I guess.

Archived