💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why do people say Madonna is Talentless?

Stevo

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, jtrover said:

Some people say Madonna is talentless because her voice isn't as technically great I suppose as other female artists. Interestingly, I could name a dozen easily of other female singers over the past 3+ decades who sound far worse than Madonna ever has. They also say that because they feel her acting is terrible.

My opinion personally is that she is extremely talented. I think she is a true artist and remarkable business woman. There were always women who could sing better and dance better than Madonna (now and then), but Madonna just had a certain something... INCREDIBLE songs and and a captivating persona and image that made people interested in her. What she lacked in technicality, she made up for it with emotion in her voice. Her dancing was excellent and leaned more into a more classical style rather than modern at the time (Paula Abdul, Janet Jackson), after all Madonna studied with the best of dancers when she was young (Pearl Lang and the Alvin Ailey dance troupe). She just decided she wanted to broaden her artistic expression into something more diverse, so she then set her goal towards becoming a contemporary singer. She wanted to sing, dance, act, direct, create and write. She learned how to play the drums and guitar and keyboards herself, as well as write her own songs. She did it the hard way, from the bottom up. She was in a band called Emmy and the Breakfast Club before she hit the big time as a solo act. 

Like many artists, she has had a multifaceted career, full of highs and lows. It's kind of mind boggling when you actually read over her entire body of work. She was certainty controversial, it got everyone talking about her, but it also got people talking about important issues that people faced in the world. She presented various aspects of life in her art and did it in a way where you were forced to discuss it. She was just the catalyst to it in her work (ex. teenage pregnancy in 'Papa Don't Preach',  sexuality in 'Erotica' and 'Justify my Love', homosexuality 'Truth or Dare', religion in 'Like a Prayer', and many more examples). And when you think about it, isn't that what art and TRUE artists are supposed to do? Art isn't just about always creating a pretty piece of work. She has and still has something to say. She's an artist that likes to push buttons.

So you take her drive, creativity, savvy business sense, videos, movies (acted and directed), tours, excellent written pop songs over the past 30 years+ and other show business that she's been involved with, I can't see how anybody can say that's talentless. She's been making professional music since 1982. She's still in the news, still creates, she's in a good percentage of threads in this forum on a daily basis and other performer's forums too it seems. She's a part of history and pop culture pure and simple. Whether one likes her or not, she is an icon and arguably  the biggest star currently in our life time. People are paying attention. 

Of course time marches on and Madonna now 59, with 6 children has very different priorities than she did 30 years ago. Some say she's done it all, but she doesn't think so. She still wants to express herself artistically. I say why the hell not? She's definitely allowed to. I believe she does it now for the pure joy of being an artist. She knows she doesn't have to prove anything to anybody ever. Sure, she may not be able to move like she once could, and her voice isn't the same as it once was in her younger days, she's only human. That won't stop her, nor should it. The work she has done in Malawi, Africa with the construction of the children's hospitals and schools is so incredibly inspiring to me. She's also a humanitarian, freedom fighter and helping to save lives for goodness sakes. She's kinda like Wonder Woman, lol. :))

Who knows if there will ever be anybody like her in our life time? It's rare but anything is possible. There are some contenders for sure, but time will tell. It's hard to say if anybody will ever be so diverse and multifaceted as Madonna though, or have her colossal impact that she had on popular culture. That's the real question. Without her, there wouldn't have been others that followed because she wrote the book on how it's done. She's a part of history and her story isn't finished.

9ff11f86702bc890518f4889e2747049--madonn   

Wow reading this just made me learn more, respect more, and love her even more! Great read!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
heimerdinger
3 hours ago, jtrover said:

Some people say Madonna is talentless because her voice isn't as technically great I suppose as other female artists. Interestingly, I could name a dozen easily of other female singers over the past 3+ decades who sound far worse than Madonna ever has. They also say that because they feel her acting is terrible.

My opinion personally is that she is extremely talented. I think she is a true artist and remarkable business woman. There were always women who could sing better and dance better than Madonna (now and then), but Madonna just had a certain something... INCREDIBLE songs and and a captivating persona and image that made people interested in her. What she lacked in technicality, she made up for it with emotion in her voice. Her dancing was excellent and leaned more into a more classical style rather than modern at the time (Paula Abdul, Janet Jackson), after all Madonna studied with the best of dancers when she was young (Pearl Lang and the Alvin Ailey dance troupe). She just decided she wanted to broaden her artistic expression into something more diverse, so she then set her goal towards becoming a contemporary singer. She wanted to sing, dance, act, direct, create and write. She learned how to play the drums and guitar and keyboards herself, as well as write her own songs. She did it the hard way, from the bottom up. She was in a band called Emmy and the Breakfast Club before she hit the big time as a solo act. 

Like many artists, she has had a multifaceted career, full of highs and lows. It's kind of mind boggling when you actually read over her entire body of work. She was certainty controversial, it got everyone talking about her, but it also got people talking about important issues that people faced in the world. She presented various aspects of life in her art and did it in a way where you were forced to discuss it. She was just the catalyst to it in her work (ex. teenage pregnancy in 'Papa Don't Preach',  sexuality in 'Erotica' and 'Justify my Love', homosexuality 'Truth or Dare', religion in 'Like a Prayer', and many more examples). And when you think about it, isn't that what art and TRUE artists are supposed to do? Art isn't just about always creating a pretty piece of work. She has and still has something to say. She's an artist that likes to push buttons.

So you take her drive, creativity, savvy business sense, videos, movies (acted and directed), tours, excellent written pop songs over the past 30 years+ and other show business that she's been involved with, I can't see how anybody can say that's talentless. She's been making professional music since 1982. She's still in the news, still creates, she's in a good percentage of threads in this forum on a daily basis and other performer's forums too it seems. She's a part of history and pop culture pure and simple. Whether one likes her or not, she is an icon and arguably  the biggest star currently in our life time. People are paying attention. 

Of course time marches on and Madonna now 59, with 6 children has very different priorities than she did 30 years ago. Some say she's done it all, but she doesn't think so. She still wants to express herself artistically. I say why the hell not? She's definitely allowed to. I believe she does it now for the pure joy of being an artist. She knows she doesn't have to prove anything to anybody ever. Sure, she may not be able to move like she once could, and her voice isn't the same as it once was in her younger days, she's only human. That won't stop her, nor should it. The work she has done in Malawi, Africa with the construction of the children's hospitals and schools is so incredibly inspiring to me. She's also a humanitarian, freedom fighter and helping to save lives for goodness sakes. She's kinda like Wonder Woman, lol. :))

Who knows if there will ever be anybody like her in our life time? It's rare but anything is possible. There are some contenders for sure, but time will tell. It's hard to say if anybody will ever be so diverse and multifaceted as Madonna though, or have her colossal impact that she had on popular culture. That's the real question. Without her, there wouldn't have been others that followed because she wrote the book on how it's done. She's a part of history and her story isn't finished.

9ff11f86702bc890518f4889e2747049--madonn   

Pretty much sums up madonna

scallywally

On top of the schools, orphanage and hospital in Malawi. Shes also given $$$$$$ for aids, adopted 4 kids, pays for projects in Detriot and a school in Pakistan. Shes even moved to Lisbon as one of her adopted kids want to play football at the academy there.

She's not a me me me person. She hardly ever complains about illnesses and filmed the hung up video with a broken arm, she broke so many bones falling off the horse she didn't cancel or delay the tour after.

Stephen

She's SO talented! I think some ppl say otherwise because she doesn't have the strongest voice. But she's a dancer, a songwriter, a performer, a pioneer, and a creative visionary. It's sad but she'll be respected 10x more after she's gone :( people are so ignorant. 

scallywally

I loved that song she did on her last album 'ghostown' It was better than anything on Joanne. Joanne sounded cheap in comparison. Not saying Gaga cant write a good tune we all know shes great but lets face it the last few albums have been sub par, some sound like demos or a mess. Gaga needs to start afresh Wouldn't we just like her to be Stephanie? Not another Grace Jones or Madonna or her dead aunts album. Just her??!!  Id love it!!!

heimerdinger

Those people with the excuse me no's on the original post are probably pressed stans still mad about a feud 6 years ago. Like **** off honestly.

heimerdinger

@itsbriceidk @FlopSlurper @Ferrer Zorola @Craig Barnes

We all know you came on this thread to intentional "excuse me no" out of spite because you're all pressed and obsessed about a feud that happened 6 years ago. Honestly no one asked you to come on this thread if you don't like madge. You're the type of people that see's a youtube video and just dislike it for fun. 

hausofbrice
51 minutes ago, heimerdinger said:

@itsbriceidk @FlopSlurper @Ferrer Zorola @Craig Barnes

We all know you came on this thread to intentional "excuse me no" out of spite because you're all pressed and obsessed about a feud that happened 6 years ago. Honestly no one asked you to come on this thread if you don't like madge. You're the type of people that see's a youtube video and just dislike it for fun. 

honey calm down :classy: 

xoxo, brice ♡

elijahfan

People might say that because she doesn't have the greatest voice - then again, she's no opera singer, she does pop, so it's kinda stupid to blame her for that.

On a side note, I have yet to see a talentless person last 30+ years in the business.

Archived