charts

ALL Charts Discussion: Joanne hits 1/2 billion streams on Spotify

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ViviLittleM

Shania Twain debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart with Now, her first studio album in nearly 15 years. The set starts atop the list with 137,000 equivalent album units earned in the week ending Oct. 5, according to Nielsen Music.

Of that sum, 134,000 were in traditional album sales -- the third-largest sales week for a country album in 2017, and the largest for a woman in nearly two years. Now, which was released on Sept. 29 through Mercury Nashville, is Twain’s second No. 1 album and the first chart-topping country set by a female artist in over three years.

Demi Lovato earns her sixth top 10 album with the debut of Tell Me You Love Me at No. 3. It bows with 75,000 units (48,000 in traditional album sales). She previously hit the top 10 with all five of her prior releases: Confident (No. 2 in 2015), Demi (No. 3, 2013), Unbroken (No. 4, 2011), Here We Go Again (No. 1, 2009), and Don’t Forget (No. 2, 2008).

Miley Cyrus’ Younger Now rounds out the debuts in the top 10, as the album bows at No. 5 with 45,000 units (33,000 in traditional album sales). It’s Cyrus’ 13thcharting effort, and 11th top 10 album (including titles billed to her former Disney Channel alter ego, Hannah Montana). She was last in the top 10 with her 2013 effort Bangerz, which debuted at No. 1.

TheRoof
2 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

BILLBOARD WROTE TELL ME YOU LOVE MEAT LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO SCREAMING

link selena@2x.jpg i want to Witness.mp3 that messselena@2x.jpg

TheRoof
3 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

They edited quick

ohhselena@2x.jpg good for demetria at least selena@2x.jpg

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

Of that sum, 134,000 were in traditional album sales -- the third-largest sales week for a country album in 2017, and the largest for a woman in nearly two years. Now, which was released on Sept. 29 through Mercury Nashville, is Twain’s second No. 1 album and the first chart-topping country set by a female artist in over three years.

the f*ck are they talking about.

Barbra Streisand opened with 148k pure
Katy opened with 160k pure
Gaga opened with 170k pure
Beyoncé opened with 485k pure
Adele opened with 3,3M pure

Where did they pull that "biggest debut for a woman in two years" outta their ass? :sharon:

ViviLittleM
1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

the f*ck are they talking about.

Barbra Streisand opened with 148k pure
Katy opened with 160k pure
Gaga opened with 170k pure
Beyoncé opened with 485k pure
Adele opened with 3,3M pure

Where did they pull that "biggest debut for a woman in two years" outta their ass? :sharon:

maybe they're talking about country album

Supersonic
5 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

maybe they're talking about country album

Maybe but it would feel redundant to say so cause literally no big female country star released in 2015-2017. It was wiener city all along. Even if you count the irrelevant ones, 3% of all country albums were by women in the last two years. They're trynna make it seem like a bigger accomplishment than it actually is then. :poot:

And yes, I just spent 15 minutes looking through the archives of wikipedia to look over all country albums released in the last 2 years, don't judge me. :poot:

Bad Monster Kid

In Paris for a week and the only song I've heard on radio from Gaga is Bad Romance(once). It's something I guess. :selena:

Johncayse
Just now, Bad Monster Kid said:

In Paris for a week and the only song I've heard on radio from Gaga is Bad Romance(once). It's something I guess. :selena:

Flop country

ViviLittleM
2 minutes ago, Bad Monster Kid said:

Wow you're lucky hearing Gaga at least once on French radios.

PanPikus
3 hours ago, Monsterious said:

okay so lets say 14k with SPS

where did the other 10k came from?!

The only explanation that comes to my mind is Youtube. CTTR/BA/SWSW together got 52,5M+ views WW from September 22nd to 29th :saladga:

Na Wojtusia z popielnika, iskiereczka mruga, chodź opowiem Ci bajeczkę, bajka będzie długa...

ViviLittleM
1 minute ago, PanPikus said:

The only explanation that comes to my mind is Youtube. CTTR/BA/SWSW together got 52,5M+ views WW from September 22nd to 29th :saladga:

YouTube doesn't count in the album charts

• PartySick locked and unpinned this topic

Archived