Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Rate the Last Movie You Watched

James L

Featured Posts

As above, so below = 7.5/10

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

Interlude

Lucy

I don't even know where to rank this tbh. The audience weren't taking it very seriously and were laughing at parts they shouldn't. I'd imagine if I watched it by myself I would have enjoyed it a lot more. Definitely a thought provoking movie, wasn't really what I expected from the trailer. As odd as this sounds when my friend and I left the cinema we couldn't stop laughing. We felt bad but we couldn't describe why. It wasn't a bad movie but it just left us feeling off. I'll give it a rating of 6/10 until I rewatch.

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

Non-Stop: B
How To Train Your Dragon 2: A-
Edge of Tomorrow: A-
Veronica Mars: B
Under the Skin: C+
22 Jump Street: C-
The Immigrant: C
X-Men: Days of Future Past: B
Hide Your Smiling Faces: B 
Calvary: B+   
Boyhood: B-
Locke: A-
Tracks: B
Maleficent: D

paranorman-poster.jpg

7.9/10

tbh I liked it, wish I had seen it before. I still think Coraline is more visually stunning and creepier but they did a great job with this one aswell. Love the use of stop motion and the message, also the inclusion of a gay character :rofl:

maze-runner-poster.jpg
8.7/10
So good and I totally LOVED how they handled the changes they did from the book. Some of the acting and lines could've been improved but overall it was awesome and I loved it. Them grievers :legend: The final scene :gum::omg: the music :giveup:

The-Boxtrolls.jpg

7.9/10

I think I liked it as much as Paranorman but not more or close to Coraline. It was funny, cute, the story reminded me a bit of Tarzan and it had a great message. Laika as usual with their stunning stop motion (dear lorde their movies look like so much work but they are worth it). I loved Eggs but I think they could've used Winnie a bit more, still pretty good. I really like how unconventional they are unlike certain other studios that get more credit than they should :lolgaga:

Edited by Memo

Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2 = 9/10

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

Ambrosia

The_Den_Russian_Movie_Poster.jpg

The Den = 9/10

I agree with your review.  I went into the film with 0 expectations, and I was more than pleasantly surprised - it was quite gripping and totally believable (which is pretty horrifying!).  It was very current and topical and the actors, though all unknown to me, were quite good.  8/10

I have a question about the end, thus the spoiler.

Do you know, at the very end, when they showed the Australian (or British?) woman again, was she in on what happened to the girl?  I'm just wondering the significance of showing her again, or was that supposed to mean she was next?  Was that her husband paying for the online murders or just some random guy?

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

I agree with your review.  I went into the film with 0 expectations, and I was more than pleasantly surprised - it was quite gripping and totally believable (which is pretty horrifying!).  It was very current and topical and the actors, though all unknown to me, were quite good.  8/10

I have a question about the end, thus the spoiler.

Do you know, at the very end, when they showed the Australian (or British?) woman again, was she in on what happened to the girl?  I'm just wondering the significance of showing her again, or was that supposed to mean she was next?  Was that her husband paying for the online murders or just some random guy?

Yeah the British girl is next. That was a random guy

Silver Linings Playbook

I give it a 5, which means it is fine to see once but I wouldn't watch it again.

I just don't like movies that make me feel like they are playing me for a stupid girl. I don't get the hype of the movie or Jennifer Lawrence. She is cute and pretty, but she was just as well Katniss in a regular girlie setting, for me.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

24187052_PA_The%20Rover.jpg?partner=allr

7/10      An Australian made sci-fi in a post-apocalyptic period. Guy Pearce and Robert Pattinson are good although the reasoning for their actions seems questionable.

Mars..........or bust!

One Five Ten

24187052_PA_The%20Rover.jpg?partner=allr

7/10      An Australian made sci-fi in a post-apocalyptic period. Guy Pearce and Robert Pattinson are good although the reasoning for their actions seems questionable.

I agree with your rating on this. I liked it but much preferred the directors' other film, Animal Kingdom - that absolutely slays.

Boyhood: B-

You in danger come Oscar season, gurl

Boyhood is an A+ film and one of the best films ever put to screen.