news

ASIB shifted to 18th May 2018

Kalinda

Featured Posts

TropicOfCANCER
3 minutes ago, yASSsss said:

*sigh*

you're always so negative.  :wacko:

I mean: sure its great that the movie is coming sooner b/c that means we're getting the soundtrack, trailer, etc sooner. So as fans it's nice we won't have to wait as long.

But, an earlier release means the studio has little faith it'll be an awards contender, which means they probably have little faith in the film as a whole. I personally am disappointing by this news b/c against all i odds, I was hoping it would be good, but now this seems to have confirmed the contrary.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys can someone explain to me why moving the date of release would affect the chances of snatching a nomination? Is it because of the cycle or something? 

Jennie Kim
Just now, BadMonster said:

not really, most people are just way too optimistic/delulu/gullible believing any statement...

I just saw it's premiering during Cannes, hope it shows AT Cannes too, that makes this claim more credible, but who realistically thinks a fourth version of a movie that's a directorial and lead actress debut will win Oscars :rip: it might surprise, I'm happy we'll be able to see it and can't wait to hear the music regardless

The same fans that thought Joanne would get a 80+ Metacritic score. Unfortunately, this fanbase creates unrealistic expectations around everything she does. 

Jonathanholland

21 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

Yay! That means Gaga will be free to release LG6 Q4!

I think she needs a break first :awkney:

Before there was love, there was silence

yASSsss
Just now, BadMonster said:

not really, most people are just way too optimistic/delulu/gullible believing any statement...

I just saw it's premiering during Cannes, hope it shows AT Cannes too, that makes this claim more credible, but who realistically thinks a fourth version of a movie that's a directorial and lead actress debut will win Oscars :rip: it might surprise, I'm happy we'll be able to see it and can't wait to hear the music regardless

Just now, TropicOfCANCER said:

I mean: sure its great that the movie is coming sooner b/c that means we're getting the soundtrack, trailer, etc sooner. So as fans it's nice we won't have to wait as long.

But, an earlier release means the studio has little faith it'll be an awards contender, which means they probably have little faith in the film as a whole. I personally am disappointing by this news b/c against all i odds, I was hoping it would be good, but now this seems to have confirmed the contrary.

we'll see,I guess :lana:

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Born To Slay
Just now, JonathanHolland1 said:

I think she needs a break first :awkney:

The movie is out in May, the lead single would be out in August. That's a three month break. More then most people get. 

5 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

"Warner Bros. executives saw an early cut of the film and were blown away" #ASIB

I hope she's not overworking herself once more:ohno:

BUT YAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS

Maybe she will debut one of the songs during JWT's postponed european leg? :spin:

somnambulist

Mad max fury road was a “remake” released in May and still grossed high and got several Oscar noms. Not implying A star is born is going to be good (as literally no one has seen it outside of execs) but can we save the negativity for now? 

SlayGagaloo
3 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

"Warner Bros. executives saw an early cut of the film and were blown away" #ASIB

would the Warner Bros. executives lie? :giggle:

Over.

Archived