💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

ASIB shifted to 18th May 2018

Kalinda

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, SpaceAce said:

Right but I would bet editing ASIB would be a little more complicated because of any performance scenes and crowd shots - they were still filming those very recently. 

I've been really hesitant to get my hopes up about how good the film might be but I'm just as hesitant to start predicting failure based on a May release date and some not-great reactions to an early screening. Some pretty strange predictions are happening with not much context being considered so it's annoying. 

Yeah I never had any Oscar expectations for acting, I'm hopefully for the music. All I want is a good Gaga bop and for her acting to be received as "decent".

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lion Heart

When will ha music

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

zakariah
5 hours ago, Kalinda said:

Additional info from Deadline:

"Deadline hears that Warner Bros. executives saw an early cut of the film and were blown away by Germanotta and Cooper’s sublime turns; as such they want to get the film on screen as soon as they can.

Oh wow, this is huge. This would kind of mean that Gaga's acting is really up there in ASIB :diane: 

I think the Cannes film festival is open to the public for tickets :diane: 

who will love me when the night is over

Robinladen
2 hours ago, asana15 said:

Not exactly, though I hear what your're saying. 

This movie (remake #4) wouldn't have any chances in major categories regardless of the release date. What the date change tells me is that they're aiming at special awards. They've heard the soundtrack and most likely see it as film's major strength. So, by releasing it at the beginning of summer, WB will have a showy premiere at Cannes, and will try to push the soundtrack/song to a major hit status. Money talks everywhere and Hollywood is not exception. Latest remake with Barbra was critically penned, but it was fourth highest grossing movie of that year. And Barbra scored an Oscar for best song.

It's clear, that they liked what they saw in terms of it being a boxoffice draw. Let's take it from there.

Thank you for posting some positivity. 

Thrasher

As soon as her documentary (which contains scenes of her body pain) is released and she postpones European leg of her tour due to it, the release date of the movie is moved in advance. Happy to watch ASIB and hear new music sooner, but when will that girl rest? :grr:

“Come over, when you’re sober”

Gagaloo911
4 hours ago, DonnieDarko said:

What's with this attitude? It's just a discussion. People have different opinions, you know.

It's a fact that none of us know what actually is the plan or what the production company thinks or the reason for the change. It's pure speculation and is senseless, not to mention ridiculous to believe that this opinion is in any way factual.

So people taking bad about this can stop acting like their speculative opinions are fact. 

retrophyyysical
On 9/22/2017 at 7:21 PM, SpaceAce said:

Right but I would bet editing ASIB would be a little more complicated because of any performance scenes and crowd shots - they were still filming those very recently. 

I've been really hesitant to get my hopes up about how good the film might be but I'm just as hesitant to start predicting failure based on a May release date and some not-great reactions to an early screening. Some pretty strange predictions are happening with not much context being considered so it's annoying. 

edit* Also, would you be willing to say whether the reactions you've heard regarding Gaga's performance were positive, mixed or negative? 

GaGaAst

well well

ASIB is shifted from September to May. What can be the reason for it?. But I am really excited cause we will get music a lot more earlier. 

But m really curious for the reason of date change. So you think its because of gaga or some other reason

http://ew.com/movies/2017/09/22/lady-gaga-star-is-born-release-date/

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

27monster27

Someone mentioned that this has been done in the past for marketing reasons. They say that producers do this for success and money reasons.

he/him/his

Edge Of Venus

Well, I don't think the European leg of JWT is happening then. She'll need to start campaigning for the movie before the premiere, unless she doesn't take a break between JWT and the ASIB era.

GaGaAst
6 minutes ago, Blake said:

You put this in News with no receipts or source? :toofunny: 

Source at your service. Captain. :gaycat:

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

Archived