💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Has Gaga ever used payola?

Werk

Featured Posts

I know some of y'all are gonna bring up Katy and be like how Gaga never would use it but I'm being serious. Has Gaga or mostly Interscopes ever used payola in the past whether that means during TF/TFM/BTW?

LetsGetHigh

I think most of the payola happened when Troy was her manager. BTW lead single was heavily payola'ed on radio first week.

1 hour ago, LetsGetHigh said:

I think most of the payola happened when Troy was her manager. BTW lead single was heavily payola'ed on radio first week.

I’m in the only one who never really rememberes hearing BTW on the radio. I wasn’t a die hard little monster back then, but I did like Gaga, but I don’t ever recall hearing it on the radio :duck:

LetsGetHigh
14 minutes ago, Chrastapher said:

I’m in the only one who never really rememberes hearing BTW on the radio. I wasn’t a die hard little monster back then, but I did like Gaga, but I don’t ever recall hearing it on the radio :duck:

Exactly lmao, it was so huge for a few weeks then plummeted. Payola!

Charlotte Quinn
2 minutes ago, highbythebeach said:

Can someone explain to me what exactly payola is please?

It's when an artist or its record label pay the radio stations for them to play their songs. It is an illegal practice.

5 minutes ago, highbythebeach said:

Can someone explain to me what exactly payola is please?

yeah... someone please explain :hmm:

Little little

9 minutes ago, gstring said:

yeah... someone please explain :hmm:

10 minutes ago, Charlotte Quinn said:

It's when an artist or its record label pay the radio stations for them to play their songs. It is an illegal practice.

EDIT: I saw you liked there comment nvm :selena: 

44 minutes ago, Chrastapher said:

I think in some areas, the hype really built itself. At least in my area, BTW was played a pretty hefty amount, but not as much as TEOG.

3 points in and ready for more

bloody g

Million Reasons on radio and TC on Spotify, but not as much as artists like Alessia Cara or Selena

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Chris Evans
1 hour ago, Chrastapher said:

in southern california they played it at exactly every hour so I always waited for it to be 3pm/4pm/5pm etc. 

OT: nobody knows if her management has ever used payola in the past because it's highly illegal 

Archived