• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leaf

• Shadow

• Bob

• Nemo

I think there's a difference between religion and belief itself. She believes in God, she prays to God (Jesus Christ). She's catholic (I assume cause she said it on some of her interviews), but she's not fond of "religion" itself. I saw a video of one concert where she said that her religion is "Pop Culture". I don't know bout that~

That's right. Religion and god are kind of separate.

I say that she believes in the Church that Christ himself founded, not the corrupted and ****ed up one that exists now...

SMILE2NE1

I am in no way attacking anyone but just stating OBJECTIVE facts of the bible. NO ONE TAKE OFFENCE. A lot of Gaga's views are theologically incorrect. We can't judge but rather discern that her views are not congruent with Christianity:

E.g.

• 'It isn't hell if everybody knows my name tonight' - nobody will know your name in hell
  • Mary Magdalene was not divine.
  • Her views as a feminist disagree with the humility/subservience women are supposed to have in the bible
  • The bible sees homos-xuality as a sin - and this is clear in the bible - she seems to fall into this category as a false teacher
    "For the time will come when they will not listen to the sound doctrine, but, having itching ears, will heap up for themselves teachers after their own lusts" 2 Timothy 4:3

Also, Catholicism can be seen as different to protestant Christianity, and she is definitely not protestant. I feel as if she tries to reject her Catholicism - e.g. the photo of her dedication in Oprah's Next Chapter - she says she was too young to understand forcing the point that she is trying to distance herself from it.

Edited by SMILE2NE1

LittIe Monster

Why are people referring her as a Christian? She says she's Catholic. Does she show signs of being a Christian or something?

Edited by LittIe Monster
@whoriscope ig

Bloody Berry

Gaga is a believer for sure, because she often mentions God and Jesus in songs and interviews. It's her personal business, whether she actually recognizes the Catholic, may not want to mention it?

Edited by Bloody Berry

Why are people referring her as a Christian? She says she's Catholic. Does she show signs of being a Christian or something?

All catholics are christians, not all christians are catholics.

LittIe Monster

All catholics are christians, not all christians are catholics.

I don't get it :flop: arn't there differences?

Edited by LittIe Monster
@whoriscope ig

Miracle

She says that she is christian but she can't be. She can believe in God, but she doesn't practice it or something. I think she practices an asian religion or something.

SMILE2NE1

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

"Why I Love Jesus, but hate Religion". try to watch this ;)

:party: Preach it!

Jesus hated the bureaucracy the legalistic religious people - and he was PERSECUTED and KILLED by the MOST religious people of his time. Today, our modern day equivalent of religious people who KILLED JESUS are the one's that persecute and oppress the people and see themselves as above others. The story of Christianity is that ALL are fallen, and not one is righteous themselves except by grace.

Jesus NEVER said anything HATEFUL at all but only healed the sick and preached love and the kingdom. He never judged in his time on earth.

Edited by SMILE2NE1

artpopfreemymin

I think she wants to redefine what a christian is to an extent.

Guille

It's not our business. Gaga can believe in whatever she wants. I think she believes in unicorns, so we do. :nails: LOL jk

Edited by Guille

Nemo

If you listen closely, I think you'll notice that Gaga never says she's Catholic. She'll say she was raised Catholic, that she went to Catholic school for N years, etc. Never "I'm Catholic", unless I've missed it.