Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

The Alien Franchise

Doot

Featured Posts

JustaMonster
1 minute ago, Doot said:

Yeah, I guess. Still annoyed about the Engineer design differences tho.

And Shaw's character was screwed over because the actress didn't get along with Ridley first time around. 

Hm I didn't know that :( Sucks that the story had to suffer based on disagreements during the production. I like the fan theory that its not actually the engineers homeworld and its just a colony or something. I mean they only had 1 city and it didnt even look that advanced other than the floating thing in the middle. Everyone was wearing rags and stuff :toofunny: Especially if you compare it to the design of the engineers ships and their suits. But it probably was the homeworld and that was just overlooked or something :smh: 

Hands up to the sky, I'm about to fly!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JustaMonster
4 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

Yup....her literally explaining to David about wanting to go to "Paradise" and learn about them and the reason they wanted to destroy us all down the drain in a 2 seconds...:awkney:

Covenant didn't even explain what David learned about the engineers and did nothing but give fan service by throwing a sloppy and rushed alien in the mix...especially the one on the ship at the end growing to full size within 5 minutes :what:

Yeah it seemed like they didnt want to do that plot anymore so they just killed her off and all of the engineers :smh: Which sucks because I really liked the concept of the engineers.

I actually really liked Prometheus. I wish they hadn't killed Shaw in Covenant, she's a great character (and she's damn hot). Actually the characters in Prometheus were much better than the characters in Covenant, in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, JustaMonster said:

Hm I didn't know that :( Sucks that the story had to suffer based on disagreements during the production. I like the fan theory that its not actually the engineers homeworld and its just a colony or something. I mean they only had 1 city and it didnt even look that advanced other than the floating thing in the middle. Everyone was wearing rags and stuff :toofunny: Especially if you compare it to the design of the engineers ships and their suits. But it probably was the homeworld and that was just overlooked or something :smh: 

I think Ridley Scott is a genius, but his behavior with Covenant and the actress that played Shaw was pretty damn petty.

He recently said something about the planet being some sort of outpost, yes as you said, and that his plans for the next one would involve the Engineers returning to find everyone dead, and are pissed. Still doesn't excuse the lazy design tho.

15 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

True...it's alleged based on deleted scenes and more commentary...David may have used Elizabeth's reproductive system and experimented with it to create the eggs and mutate them...a sad yet ironic twist to her character since she was devasted she couldn't bear children....now technically she is the original queen mother to the Xenomorphs

:duck:

So dark, I love it. 

9 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

Yup....her literally explaining to David about wanting to go to "Paradise" and learn about them and the reason they wanted to destroy us all down the drain in a 2 seconds...:awkney:

Covenant didn't even explain what David learned about the engineers and did nothing but give fan service by throwing a sloppy and rushed alien in the mix...especially the one on the ship at the end growing to full size within 5 minutes :what:

The vast majority of the Xenomorph section was rushed and sloppy, creating plenty of plot holes and continuity errors. Which is why he should have just stuck to his guns and made Prometheus 2, fans be damned. You can tell just by watching Covenant that he cares far more about the David schtick then he does anything else.

4 minutes ago, JustaMonster said:

Yeah it seemed like they didnt want to do that plot anymore so they just killed her off and all of the engineers :smh: Which sucks because I really liked the concept of the engineers.

As did I.

TimisaMonster
2 minutes ago, Doot said:

I think Ridley Scott is a genius, but his behavior with Covenant and the actress that played Shaw was pretty damn petty.

He recently said something about the planet being some sort of outpost, yes as you said, and that his plans for the next one would involve the Engineers returning to find everyone dead, and are pissed. Still doesn't excuse the lazy design tho.

So dark, I love it. 

The vast majority of the Xenomorph section was rushed and sloppy, creating plenty of plot holes and continuity errors. Which is why he should have just stuck to his guns and made Prometheus 2, fans be damned. You can tell just by watching Covenant that he cares far more about the David schtick then he does anything else.

As did I.

#Justice4Shaw #Justice4Engineers #Justice4Covenant #Justice4Fans #Justice4TheAlienFranchise #Justice4Blomkamp #Justice4Sigourney

:madge:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Just now, TimisaMonster said:

#Justice4Shaw #Justice4Engineers #Justice4Covenant #Justice4Fans #Justice4TheAlienFranchise #Justice4Blomkamp #Justice4Sigourney

:madge:

Screen_Shot_2015-10-30_at_12.14.55_PM.0.

alien-blomkamp.jpgfailed-aliens-project-blomkamp.jpg?w=806

ripley.jpg?itok=nR13t6bM

juggernaut.jpg?itok=3oT0hmRJstation.jpg?itok=b5ronh1Kegg.jpg?itok=DY21xxOxqueen.jpg?itok=yohda2Tchicks.jpg?itok=exyLB7ikMV5BYzYwZTQ3ZmYtY2NhZS00ZTA1LWE1OTUtYzg4

MV5BYjNmMjJhMWEtYTJlNy00MzUzLTk1OGQtNjdk

LET US REMEMBER WHAT WE ALMOST HAD

JustaMonster
3 minutes ago, Doot said:

Screen_Shot_2015-10-30_at_12.14.55_PM.0.

alien-blomkamp.jpgfailed-aliens-project-blomkamp.jpg?w=806

ripley.jpg?itok=nR13t6bM

juggernaut.jpg?itok=3oT0hmRJstation.jpg?itok=b5ronh1Kegg.jpg?itok=DY21xxOxqueen.jpg?itok=yohda2Tchicks.jpg?itok=exyLB7ikMV5BYzYwZTQ3ZmYtY2NhZS00ZTA1LWE1OTUtYzg4

MV5BYjNmMjJhMWEtYTJlNy00MzUzLTk1OGQtNjdk

LET US REMEMBER WHAT WE ALMOST HAD

WHAT IS THIS?

ryanripley

i actually really despised Covenant but adored Prometheus

anyways, the main unpopular opinion i have is that i don't like Aliens that much because Cameron turned it too much into an action film :madge: 

however Alien remains perfect and a masterpiece and anyone who loves Alien REALLY NEEDS TO PLAY ALIEN ISOLATION :woot: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

ryanripley
3 hours ago, Doot said:

The concept art for Bloomkamp's film, that was cancelled when they greenlit Covenant. 

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/may/02/ridley-scott-alien-5-covenant-neill-blomkamp

that movie what have been incredible, i've loved ALL of his movies so far :neyde: 

JustaMonster
2 hours ago, ryanripley said:

i actually really despised Covenant but adored Prometheus

anyways, the main unpopular opinion i have is that i don't like Aliens that much because Cameron turned it too much into an action film :madge: 

however Alien remains perfect and a masterpiece and anyone who loves Alien REALLY NEEDS TO PLAY ALIEN ISOLATION :woot: 

I forgot that game existed! WHY HAVENT I PLAYED IT YET?? :oprah::oprah::oprah:

ryanripley
1 hour ago, JustaMonster said:

I forgot that game existed! WHY HAVENT I PLAYED IT YET?? :oprah::oprah::oprah:

i know that game like the back of my hand bc i've played it so much :poot: 

Archived