💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Ariana fired dancer because of using the n-word

Featured Posts

Regina George
8 minutes ago, Antichrist said:

can't? how can white people not use that word? pretty sure there's no block in our bodies preventing anyone from doing that :selena: and why are you generalizing black people like that? :selena: there are lots of well known facts that are complete crap :selena: 

Amm I'm really not going to argue with you about this.. have a great day. 

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ALGAYDO
31 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

So white people are called "mayo" now? LMAO okay. 

OT I really don't know how can anyone expect others to not use the word that is in every mainstream rap song. How can we explain to our kids that it's not okay to use words that they hear all the time in rap songs? 

I don't use it but I will always say this:

if you don't like when someone else does something - they you shouldn't do it. Why do black people have the need to use that word when they have problem with white people using it? 

So should everyone also be allowed to use "f@ggot" and "ret@rded" just because they're also mainstream words? :emma:

Regina George
8 minutes ago, HOMODRAKE said:

So should everyone also be allowed to use "f@ggot" and "ret@rded" just because they're also mainstream words? :emma:

Lol where did I say that everyone should use the n word? I said no one should use it. 

At least that was my point

Dominic

It's such a common word nowadays and a lot of the examples that are posted on here are usually used without racial offense intended. It's so commonly used in music that it's difficult to issolate the word to a specific group of people. Especially with the younger generation who know of it through their favourite rappers and not the historical context. 

I read an article about how it's pretty much impossible for black people to even reclaim the word because of the above reasons (amongst others) and suggest the word to be eradicated rather than normalised. It seems more effective really in combating racism but it's such a complex talking point. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Antichrist
15 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Amm I'm really not going to argue with you about this.. have a great day. 

don't get me wrong, i'm not attacking you or anything, just trying to debate. but it is quite a difficult subject, so let's just leave it at that.

TimisaMonster

Glad to see some artists don't tolerate ignorance...:golfclap:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Too bad this thread got so off-topic.  The relevant thing is that a very good person, Ariana, did the right thing.  She should be commended for that.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Help me out here, I don't mean to offend anyone.

I remember a thread about PewDiePie using the other n word, and from I've read people said it was okay to use the one this dancer used, but not the other one because its history was filled with hatred and humiliation. I really want to understand what are the things white people shouldn't say and why. I wouldn't want to be disrespectful to anyone!

ALGAYDO
7 minutes ago, MrA said:

Help me out here, I don't mean to offend anyone.

I remember a thread about PewDiePie using the other n word, and from I've read people said it was okay to use the one this dancer used, but not the other one because its history was filled with hatred and humiliation. I really want to understand what are the things white people shouldn't say and why. I wouldn't want to be disrespectful to anyone!

Both versions of the word are wrong to say to non-African Americans because it is originated from slave-owners who called their slaves that. Over time, black people have turned that word into something positive FOR THEM to use as a way to gain back the power that whites used against them. Which is why, normally, only blacks can say it. They turned something that was used to degrade black people and turned it into something that they themselves can use in order to basically fight back the oppression that systematic racism placed on them. Now white people and other non-blacks want to use it just because black people use it.  

7 minutes ago, HOMODRAKE said:

Both versions of the word are wrong to say to non-African Americans because it is originated from slave-owners who called their slaves that. Over time, black people have turned that word into something positive FOR THEM to use as a way to gain back the power that whites used against them. Which is why, normally, only blacks can say it. They turned something that was used to degrade black people and turned it into something that they themselves can use in order to basically fight back the oppression that systematic racism placed on them. Now white people and other non-blacks want to use it just because black people use it.  

Thank you, I had my doubts about it because of so many people being a little bit rude, but I understand now!

ALGAYDO
2 minutes ago, MrA said:

Thank you, I had my doubts about it because of so many people being a little bit rude, but I understand now!

No problem! But at the same time, a lot of non-blacks argue that since slavery is no longer in place in America, that everyone can use it, especially because so many black artists use that word. So it's a bit tricky :emma:

5 hours ago, Lady1Gaga2 said:

That dancer should never be able to find a job again. 

that's a bit too much

Lady Culture, is that really the nickname ofthe dancer?

So cringey, as it is cringey saying, the N-word, is voldemort back or something?

Archived