news

Patrick Belaga's music in Gaga 5F2.

Kanyeee West

Featured Posts

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get a man who promotes you in a Netflix original documentary 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Are you s******g me with this bio, though? "Experimental sound art"? And I thought we couldn't get more hilariously pretentious than "a reverse Warholian experience." :toofunny: I mean, it literally sounds like the nonsense words they made fun of on Parks and Rec when they made that parody of Gwyneth Paltrow and Goop lololol

mister max
7 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Are you s******g me with this bio, though? "Experimental sound art"? And I thought we couldn't get more hilariously pretentious than "a reverse Warholian experience." :toofunny: I mean, it literally sounds like the nonsense words they made fun of on Parks and Rec when they made that parody of Gwyneth Paltrow and Goop lololol

Just because you dont understand it doesnt mean its pretentious :selena: music is art aka art with sound, music can be experimental and can also be improvised, no?

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

AndrewGr

Oh Chris has a preference for musicians I see :creepflop:

Spoiler

I wish it had more Gaga music tho... Many reviews point out that they were expecting more musical parts. Maybe with acoustic versions of Joanne songs & Joanne outtakes it would've been lit.

audrey horne
17 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I actually saw him and his bandmates live in Switzerland. Pretty experimental, that is indeed how you can call their work.

He is mainly a cellist tho. 

8 minutes ago, mister max said:

Just because you dont understand it doesnt mean its pretentious :selena: music is art aka art with sound, music can be experimental and can also be improvised, no?

I understand it; I just mean calling your music "sound art" is pretentious. If music is art then why do you need to sub it out for another term that sounds slightly more alternative and loftier? It just sounds like posturing. Experimental isn't the issue at all, some music really is and that's dope. It's the "straddling between classical and sound art" bit. It sounds like when high school students are writing essays and start incorporating a bunch of new words they're learning into their essays to sound smarter.

I'm not knocking his art; I haven't heard it. I'm taking a jab at his marketing of it which sounds a bit elitist and pretentious and I find it funny.

11 minutes ago, mister max said:

It's not a case of not understanding. Describing music (experimental or not) as "experimental sound art" is just a snooty way of putting it. :lana: It's music Patrick.

Archived