Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga has fibromyalgia

Featured Posts

CanadaGaga
3 minutes ago, Lana Winters said:

Sadly I've heard a lot of people who have invisible illnesses say they wish they had something like cancer so people would take them seriously. :( 

Ahhhhh hello fellow zebra!! :hug: 

I know exactly what you mean. I've always been like that with marks and scratches, I bumped up against the edge of a cardboard box with my foot and it took 2 weeks to heal, and I have a cigarette-paper scar there now. Don't you love worrying about the smallest of cuts? ;) So much fun. I'm so sorry you have to deal with the two autoimmune conditions on top of being hypermobile! It may not hurt for you but still, nobody deserves to suffer like that and feel like they have something rubbing against them constantly because of a condition. I'm so sorry. :( 

That last part is new and so a new med trail. I think I make it worse inadvertently cuz I hate bugs and I'd swear I have ants or something running all over my body so I'm constantly twitching and slapping and of course I look fully expecting to find a little mosquito or something and there's nothing. 

It doesn't help that I'm REALLY sensitive to meds so I'll get the main side effect and I'll be walking around in a fog so I try not to take them. 

I didn't get diagnosed as hypermobile till much later and it explains so many injuries and slight things that turned big. I love having the extra flexibility but if im not paying attention I've ripped tendons going too far for even me. The good with the bad haha.

Thanks for sharing! I don't feel like such a weirdo. But I also know I'm lucky compared to you, Gaga, and others.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GypsyBabe
1 hour ago, Lana Winters said:

It's a dull-aching pain that you have all over your body. My main pain point that finally sent me over the edge was my shoulders, they're in constant pain and I have such tight knots that they added myofascial pain syndrome to the mix, too. You can't touch me. If i bump into a doorway and my arm rubs up against the wooden frame? I'll be on the floor in tears because of the pain signals being so, so strong. It'll hurt for hours afterwards. The best way I can describe what Fibromyalgia feels like is when you go walking around Disney world for an entire day, or going to a concert, you know that sore feeling you get afterwards? That's what it feels like 24/7 but 5x worse.  

This. For me it has been my hips though. Its awful. 

I can't imagine how Gaga must feel after a whole concert. Some days, basic activities make me feel like I was hit by a goddamn freight train. :fthis:

⚯͛

not asher613
1 hour ago, GypsyBabe said:

:kara: I don't mind at all. As everyones experience with fibromyalgia is different, it nice to ask questions. For example, most people don't know that it involves your nerves. 

For me personally, it started with severe chest pains last February (I was actually miserably curled up on the coach for the Super Bowl...so thanks Gaga for making me smile :gaycat:), that I thought was pneumonia, but my lungs were clear. I spent three months unable to eat and feeling like knives were stabbing at my lungs. My primary doctor couldn't find anything, and it wasn't inflammation from my rheumatoid arthritis. They checked my heart, everything really. It was clear that I was in pain, and I couldn't expel enough breath. It was completely miserable, but it faded after 4 months. Then the pain all over started. I thought my arthritis meds weren't working anymore, and was confused because everything was bothering me. I remember laying on the couch and crying to my mom because I had no idea where the pain was because it was everywhere. For me, its like having body aches from the flu, but a hundred times worse. It also feels like I have massive bruises all over my body.

Another issue that I was having is regulating my body temperature. I was freezing all the time. Like absolutely frigid. It was 99 degrees outside and I was wearing a north face, pants, and shivering. All I could think about was how cold and sore I was. 

When I saw my rheumatologist (who is literally the best in the country, I am so lucky to have her), she knew exactly what it was. The pain (chest) (hips) (knees), feeling freezing, inability to eat without feeling sick....she asked me, "Do you know what fibromyalgia is?" I basically told her that its an old people disease (:poot:

She said that it oftentimes accompanies people with autoimmune diseases because your body is dealing with constant pain and inflammatory responses, so your nerves can go haywire. Instead of my brain being like, "hey, the joints in your feet hurt", its like "holy f*cking **** your whole body is hurting, may-day may-day, you're on fire, cool down"

Because this is a newer diagnosis for me, she has started me slowly on muscle relaxers. She believes that by giving my body proper rest (because I was unable to sleep) that it will calm down my symptoms. 

Overall. No. I am not in pain 100% of the time (just most of it right now). Like my autoimmune diseases, it flares up and some weeks are bad, while others are amazing. I'm having a rough time with my hips though. Its like real bad this week. :laughga:

I sleep with heating pads all over me and try to rest my body, but I'm not really sure what to do to make myself feel better to be honest. I'm really interested to see what Gaga has to say on this as I am sure she has tried a whole bunch of stuff. 

But like my RA, hell no is this going to stop me from doing anything that I want to do. I hike mountains, and I work five 12 hour shifts in a row. It is just really hard to make it through those things sometimes. 

OH and kind of funny! Sometimes it feels like its raining on me, but its not. It feels like literal water is falling on me. I guess its my nerves firing. I find it kind of hilarious actually. :icega:

massage can help but you want someone who is trained in that speciality not just your local spa. 

we were taught in massage school that 90% of people report improvement by taking magnesium supplements but you should consult with your Dr. 

sleep is crucial. not only sleep but deep sleep cycles so if you're having trouble you can consider natural sleep aids melatonin for instance 

movement/stretching/exercise are all good but you have limits. you know your self but 12 hour shifts would be a lot of strain for a healthy person. 12 hours standing and major issues in your hips.. maybe you can find a way to sit part of the time. 

if heating pads are not helping you find relief you can try menthol applied topically for a cooling sensation. but as our lady said, ice is contraindicated. 

feel better!

GypsyBabe
4 minutes ago, not asher613 said:

massage can help but you want someone who is trained in that speciality not just your local spa. 

we were taught in massage school that 90% of people report improvement by taking magnesium supplements but you should consult with your Dr. 

sleep is crucial. not only sleep but deep sleep cycles so if you're having trouble you can consider natural sleep aids melatonin for instance 

movement/stretching/exercise are all good but you have limits. you know your self but 12 hour shifts would be a lot of strain for a healthy person. 12 hours standing and major issues in your hips.. maybe you can find a way to sit part of the time. 

if heating pads are not helping you find relief you can try menthol applied topically for a cooling sensation. but as our lady said, ice is contraindicated. 

feel better!

Thanks so much for the advice! 

My mom is a nurse and has been saying for a while now that the reason why I am addicted to peanut butter captain crunch is because of the magnesium. :tony: 

Sleeping is my biggest problem as well as learning how to balance rest with activity. As I live more with these diseases, I will hopefully learn how to do it better. I overwork myself and then get sick. Or I rest too much. :laughga:

⚯͛

not asher613
Just now, GypsyBabe said:

Thanks so much for the advice! 

My mom is a nurse and has been saying for a while now that the reason why I am addicted to peanut butter captain crunch is because of the magnesium. :tony: 

Sleeping is my biggest problem as well as learning how to balance rest with activity. As I live more with these diseases, I will hopefully learn how to do it better. I overwork myself and then get sick. Or I rest too much. :laughga:

sure. I hate thought that youre in pain.

:hug:

have you ever been given the impression that you can move out of fm- or were you led by your Dr. to embrace that this is going  to be a part of your life from now on and it's about management? 

Edible Cloud
ryanripley
16 hours ago, insight said:

all people in the word endure pain and sufferings and even much more. life is hard.

this is a disgusting mind set to have :crossed: don't play the "my problems are worse than yours" game because that helps nobody and is just selfish and disgusting. if you're just going to criticise gaga for being a victim then you can just log out forever

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

It seems a lot of people don't understand how there are so many people in the world that suffer from complex problems, all of which may cause or exacerbate each other - creating a vicious cycle. She's never 'made' anything up. She's opened up about things but has not necessarily explicitly stated if many of these problems are linked anyhow. 

It's so typical of people to disregard any illness etc when you can't really see it or you can't see "proof". 

18 minutes ago, Edible Cloud said:

Look at the date:

I do not understand :duck:

And this ('@ladygaga'):

Old news... ?! flop fan ?!

ect...

so it was diagnosed last year ?!

2 hours ago, ryanripley said:

this is a disgusting mind set to have :crossed: don't play the "my problems are worse than yours" game because that helps nobody and is just selfish and disgusting. if you're just going to criticise gaga for being a victim then you can just log out forever

i stand by what i said. yes, life is hard, we all have issues and health conditions, but personally i choose to suck it up, put a brave face and move on. It's ok to show vulnerability and be frail, but i will not vent out my traumas for the world, because guess what, at the end of the day i'm the one dealing with them daily and the only that can sort it out.    

7 minutes ago, insight said:

i stand by what i said. yes, life is hard, we all have issues and health conditions, but personally i choose to suck it up, put a brave face and move on. It's ok to show vulnerability and be frail, but i will not vent out my traumas for the world, because guess what, at the end of the day i'm the one dealing with them daily and the only that can sort it out.    

You can't though,

I had a similar mentality that i will keep all of the things happening to me inside and hopefully they will go away,but no they don't.

And i also put on a brave face,and i felt like ****,i became an emotionless husk of my former self,i couldn't feel pain or grief(basically it all came to me when my grandparents passed away,and i couldn't even shed a tear no matter how much i loved them "thanks" to my brave face).

I learned that sometimes you HAVE to let go of some of your demons,or they will haunt you for the rest of your life!

STREAM LEGENDARY ON HBO MAX

LittleMonster20

I love her,I wish her the best❤️

But you know,we all shouldn't worry about her health.Of course we have to CARE about it(and not doubt about it, you really had the damn nerve to think she's lying,you can't even call yourself a Little Monster,let alone fan anymore)but remember that Gaga gets the care she needs,so we don't have to worry about her.As long as she gets the care she needs,she will be okay,and being able to make us smile❤️

ryanripley
33 minutes ago, insight said:

if we don't talk about our problems, they won't get solved :shrug: she has a celebrity platform to bring awareness to mental health and chronic pain, she has an opportunity to create a comfort and a doorway for people who don't know how to manage it

not everyone is you, everyone can't just suck it up and accept "life is hard, oh well" because no two people are the same so let's not try and act like your angle is more heroic and helpful

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Ken Zahn
On 9/12/2017 at 5:33 AM, gordo said:

:duck: I love that she's trying to raise awareness but idk. Celebrities come up with so many illnesses for attention. Hope this is not the case :duck: Nonetheless I love you Gaga :kara:

202 excuse me no's...

congrats :toofunny:

I'm a huntie and y'all should be one too 😉

Archived