question

I've heard people say, "Gaga sounds like Madonna"

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Duella Dvil

SHE doesn't sound like Madonna but some of her songs sound like songs Madonna would do or would have put out, Just Dance and Into The Groove are similar in what they are, COMPLETELY different vocals but what each song is about is nearly identical and largely lead by bassy, synthy, hooks.

But really, there isn't a type of pop music you can do that doesn't breach "Madonna did it first" territory.

www.instagram.com/theduella666

Duella Dvil
20 hours ago, Neroneau said:

The people that say that Perfect Illusion sounds like Papa Don't Preach :saladga:

There's a single word melody that is similar/the same and you can actually hear it really clearly in this mashup

It's the "Keeping My Baby" after the chorus is sung in PI it says Perfect Illusion in the same melody.

www.instagram.com/theduella666

DeanWinchester
21 hours ago, Neroneau said:

The people that say that Perfect Illusion sounds like Papa Don't Preach :saladga:

35 minutes ago, Uncle ARTPOP said:

There's a single word melody that is similar/the same and you can actually hear it really clearly in this mashup

It's the "Keeping My Baby" after the chorus is sung in PI it says Perfect Illusion in the same melody.

yup, this helps, too

20160913-news-madonna-lady-gaga-perfect-

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Emigrante

I've heard some opinions that she sounds like Madonna in Electric Chapels' verses. 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

She sounds like her when she wants to sound like her. Her most comfortable singing voice, though, is very different namely because of its resonance which Madonna largely lacks. That's not a knock, it's just a fact that Gaga has some of the most resonance in pop music while Madonna doesn't as much. Gaga's thing is her voice whereas it was never the focus of Madonna. Still, to circle back, when Gaga wants to pay homage she can sound like Madonna.

22 hours ago, Boyboi12 said:

Madonna cant sing :gaysia:

22 hours ago, JosephH said:

People thought Just Dance was a Rihanna song? Who the hell thought that? :excuseu:

Well people thought Britney's Womanizer was Rihanna's as well. Goes to show you how a lot of people think a danceable song would be Rihanna's :selena: 

NIghtmareElm
On 9/11/2017 at 10:12 PM, Boyboi12 said:

Madonna cant sing :gaysia:

Madonna is a good singer.  Not great like Gaga but better than Katy.  She's a great performer and her vocals are really good. Can't deny that.

The only two songs Gaga sounds sort of similar to Madonna is on ARTPOP and Sexxx Dreams.

Archived