Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Joanne is the human form of ARTPOP

FunBuns

Featured Posts

bloody g

Makes me sad that the GP are that stupid that they didn't get the message at first, and Gaga had to deliver it twice :selena:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

19 minutes ago, Bloody Grammys said:

Makes me sad that the GP are that stupid that they didn't get the message at first, and Gaga had to deliver it twice :selena:

I think the message is the same for all albums, I mean, she was empowering youth back in the monster ball tour as well as making a specific album that helped millions of people, Born This Way.

ARTPOP was from her to her and for her and about her, trying to communicate with us about things in our language, she also spoke about it @ billboard woman of the year, she said she wants to find a way to be more relatable to the masses so they understand her and get the message even better

And the rest is rihstory

www.soundcloud.com/aphrodisio

I've always thought about that. Both are the same in the way that she reveals her "real" herself, but in different ways. In ARTPOP, it was in a "nude" way, behind the outfits, but still artistic. In Joanne it's the human being behind the celebrity, the person she is in the daily life, with her family and friends.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

AlexanderMagno

:oprah:

The only similarity I see between Joanne and ARTPOP is that they were both paid dust in the middle of the era, from the second single till the start of the tour.

The Child

I see ARTPOP as the hurting and Joanne as the healing. It's like they are totally opposed but also very similar.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

1 hour ago, AlexanderMagno said:

:oprah:

The only similarity I see between Joanne and ARTPOP is that they were both paid dust in the middle of the era, from the second single till the start of the tour.

1 hour ago, xoxoDerpanne said:

so where are Onion Girl, Temple & In Like With U on Joanne? 

Wkxr6_s-200x150.gif

It's not what I meant :duck:

In term of drive, meaning, overall message and mostly perspective both are similar but sound different

I think 'aphrodite lady seashell bikini' is not as relatable as 'you're giving me a million reasons to let you go'

techhausmonster

I always thought of ARTPOP and Joanne as the sister albums. Sonically they don't sound the same at all, but in lyrics and meaning behind the songs, they are both equally as personal. If you listen to some of the original demos from ARTPOP that leaked like Gypsy then you will see it was more guitar based instead of EDM based. I feel like the original idea of ARTPOP was not to be an EDM-based album. Regardless, I still love the album for what it was. I think Joanne was made for Gaga to free herself from her record label trying to push her to **** out another pop album. She is experimenting and enjoying her freedom.

10 hours ago, techhausmonster said:

I always thought of ARTPOP and Joanne as the sister albums. Sonically they don't sound the same at all, but in lyrics and meaning behind the songs, they are both equally as personal. If you listen to some of the original demos from ARTPOP that leaked like Gypsy then you will see it was more guitar based instead of EDM based. I feel like the original idea of ARTPOP was not to be an EDM-based album. Regardless, I still love the album for what it was. I think Joanne was made for Gaga to free herself from her record label trying to push her to **** out another pop album. She is experimenting and enjoying her freedom.

I remember Heavy Metal Lover was the last song she made for Born This Way and it's something she wanted to take further and experiment with. She wanted to make an EDM-experimental album (that was meant to be ACT II along with Princess DIE) but didn't get permission and was insisted to start the project all over again and create more commercial songs that aren't risky. And so she tweeted that she'll fight for this to happen but she couldn't get it 100% done so she made an EDM album but not the way she wanted it to be. Now, looking back, I think she'd rather make ARTPOP at some other point and make it exactly the way she wanted and instead of that album, maybe she'd want to create an album like Joanne, with some ballads, soft guitars and piano. But that's what happened and we can't change it. I still hope she releases an album full of songs like Aura because I felt so alive when it came out and I miss that feeling.

Archived