Gaga:5F2 to receive limited theatrical release

yASSsss

Featured Posts

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ClariceStarling

Gaga and these damn credits. :sharon:

If it gets selected (it's really hard tho), I don't think she'll receive a nomination. :selena:

i medici
22 hours ago, Edonis said:

If it's true, then her team and Chris are pushing for that Oscar. But would she even be awarded anything? She's not credited for anything other than staring in it, is she? :oprah:

And everything she does has to.give her awards?

1 hour ago, i medici said:

And everything she does has to.give her awards?

Of course not. But limited theatrical releases in two of the nation's biggest cities for a certain period of time almost always spells out one thing and that's the Oscars. Nothing wrong with wanting to see someone's quality work get awarded

GoldenPonyboy
On 2017-09-10 at 2:03 PM, Gardevoir said:

Imagine Gaga getting her first Oscar not for writing a song, not for a lead role but for producing a documentary :selena:

At least she'd have one :laughga:

This fan base is crazy, litterally gaga makes a documentary we haven't seen yet and we are already talking about it winning oscars and emmys. 

it's not eligible for Oscars, it comes out on Dutch Netflix before it's released in the required US theaters, so I guess the same goes for US Netflix

yASSsss
5 minutes ago, BadMonster said:

it's not eligible for Oscars, it comes out on Dutch Netflix before it's released in the required US theaters, so I guess the same goes for US Netflix

we don't know that. The White helmets was a netflix exclusive documentary and yet it won the Oscar.

Anyway,judging by the reviews so far its going to end up with a score of 60-70% on RT. that alone doesn't make it a worthy contender for the Oscar race. there are far more critically acclaimed documentaries released this year,so I won't hold my breath 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

19 minutes ago, yASSsss said:

we don't know that. The White helmets was a netflix exclusive documentary and yet it won the Oscar.

Anyway,judging by the reviews so far its going to end up with a score of 60-70% on RT. that alone doesn't make it a worthy contender for the Oscar race. there are far more critically acclaimed documentaries released this year,so I won't hold my breath 

can't compare it to White Helmets, that was a short docu, so the rules for eligibility were totally different

I'd expect the Whitney docu to win over 5"2 if a music doc wins at all tbh, but neither of them will win I think

JevyDuty
16 hours ago, hpmcmill said:

Bought tix for NYC!!

The tix are only available for Thursday. I thought it had to run for a week in order for it to be eligible for an Oscar nomination:oprah:

retrophyyysical
On 9/10/2017 at 0:56 PM, yASSsss said:

GAGA: FIVE FOOT TWO Premiers Globally on September 22nd on Netflix and in Select LA/NY Theaters

http://stageandscreen.com/gaga-five-foot-two/

Edit: It will open in NYC at IFC Center on 9/22

http://www.ifccenter.com/films/gaga-five-foot-two/

I believe it will be Oscar eligible now. What's this I hear people saying about the Dutch Netflix release? I'll have to go back and read official Academy rules, but I don't think an international release prior to a U.S. theatrical run disqualifies a film, though rules do vary by branch. For example, last year, the Japanese animated film Your Name was a huge box office hit in Japanese theaters way before it was released in the U.S., and it was still submitted and eligible for the Best Animated Feature Oscar. 

I don't know if the Gaga film is strong enough to warrant Academy attention, but the documentary branch does love their movies about singers. What Happened, Miss Simone?, Amy, 20 Feet From Stardom... all nominated in recent years. 

Archived