💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

'IT' obliterates Box Of. records, $100m+ weekend

Hades

Featured Posts

RadioIsOurs
13 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Well, the film more to suspense than blown out horror. I am sure if you are familiar with Stephen King books, you'll familiar with the ambience. It is never something like Paranormal Activity or Asian horror that make you losing sleep days after. 

Towards the end, there isn't really much suspense anymore. It kinda just became...stuff happening. I kinda lost a bit of interest, perhaps because there is just so much happening on screen. 

The ambience also didn't really work for me. It's too 'fantasy'. I mean...none of the Stephen King films really scared me, but I feel like this still had potential to be even scarier. And I guess what's more puzzling to me is that so many people call this 'terrifying'.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
djBuffoon

If the critical/financial success of Annabelle: Creation and IT have proved anything to Hollywood, it's that horror fans don't necessarily care if something is a remake or a prequel or an original work. We want atmosphere, characters worth caring about, and legitimate scares.

Lona Delery

I have to wait until 28th September, but I am hyped. Loved the book

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

HausOfMark
4 hours ago, RainbowBlonde said:

Towards the end, there isn't really much suspense anymore. It kinda just became...stuff happening. I kinda lost a bit of interest, perhaps because there is just so much happening on screen. 

The ambience also didn't really work for me. It's too 'fantasy'. I mean...none of the Stephen King films really scared me, but I feel like this still had potential to be even scarier. And I guess what's more puzzling to me is that so many people call this 'terrifying'.

My thoughts exactly. 

-Mark

NIghtmareElm

I am so glad an R rated HORROR movie is shattering records.  So happy that it's a huge success.  Maybe this will tell studios that more horror movies need to be rated R.  Also hope it breaks the tend of found footage and ghost stories.  I am seriously hoping for more horror movies with darker tones and wouldn't mind more clowns.  

Fantastic movie. They did what King does in his writing: create worlds to live in. It was unique and exciting and *real*. That was the most terrifying aspect of it. That and the scares weren't cheap. They were earned and worth it. Honestly, I can't compare it to the Tim Curry version because they're very different, but I think on pure enjoyment, they rank equally in my mind.

Big props to this cast and the scriptwriters for bringing this to life so well especially. 

Archived