Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is Million Reasons the biggest commercial failure of 2016/17?

LateToCult

Featured Posts

LateToCult
1 minute ago, Quark said:

Or the radio pushed them (because they are all very popular artists now), until it made people pay attention to them and like them.

But you act as if the gp didn't know about Million Reasons but they did. Literally performed on one of the biggest musical stages in the world. MR had the gp's attention. Y'all are acting like it didn't. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ClariceStarling
3 minutes ago, ClariceStarling said:

So Gaga promoted MR more than Ed with Shape Of You? It's that what you're saying?

I just wanna know your answer. 

Still waiting. @LateToCult2k17

Edonis
Just now, LateToCult2k17 said:

But you act as if the gp didn't know about Million Reasons but they did. Literally performed on one of the biggest musical stages in the world. MR had the gp's attention. Y'all are acting like it didn't. 

So suddenly MR had the GP's attention and people know of the song...but it's a commercial failure? :oprah: Hm :oprah: That's an interesting description to give something that's supposedly a huge flop :oprah:

LateToCult
3 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Ok. So using your logic it should have sold as much as TWIL. Which sold 1.5m.

1.5m = massive

1m = biggest commercial failure of 2017

Am I keeping up?

TWIL is literally 5Xs platinum. That is very Massive 

LateToCult
Just now, Edonis said:

So suddenly MR had the GP's attention and people know of the song...but it's a commercial failure? :oprah: Hm :oprah: That's an interesting description to give something that's supposedly a huge flop :oprah:

Gaga got their attention but they clearly didn't like the song enough to buy it or stream it, or watch its music video. I don't understand what you're trying to say.

5 minutes ago, LateToCult2k17 said:

Then you are just answering yourself. All of the success MR got was because of those TV performances and little to do with the radio. MR went up on itunes every time Gaga performed it. But it lacked that constant reminder that the radio provides. Also this is a country ballad from a pop star and the radio and younger people simply did not support it on the long run. 

Arturo
1 minute ago, LateToCult2k17 said:

TWIL is clearly a massive song as a #1 should be. I'm trying to give you some perspective. What MR achieved can in no way be misconstrued as a commercial failure. It can't even be seen a mere "flop". It just doesn't work that way. Anyway, that's all I have to say.

LateToCult
Just now, Quark said:

Then you are just answering yourself. All of the success MR got was because of those TV performances and little to do with the radio. MR when up on itunes every time Gaga performed it. But it lacked that constant reminder that the radio provides. Also this is a country ballad from a pop star and the radio and younger people simply did not support it on the long run. 

But the GP was reminded of it. It's had big performances spaced out through a time period of four months. 

Edonis
1 minute ago, LateToCult2k17 said:

Gaga got their attention but they clearly didn't like the song enough to buy it or stream it, or watch its music video. I don't understand what you're trying to say.

But it sold 1 million pure copies...something that is literally near impossible to do for most artists these days. People did buy the song. 

You're contradicting yourself :oprah:

4 minutes ago, LateToCult2k17 said:

But the GP was reminded of it. It's had big performances spaced out through a time period of four months. 

Radio is still the biggest factor for the success of the song. Also you keep ignoring the fact that Gaga released a song that is not urban, trap, or tropical house and that she is not one of the it artists anymore. For those reasons selling 1M plus in pure sales is a success. Finally you keep saying that the GP did not like the song, but they clearly did as every time they heard it on TV people went out to buy it. And for the final time, it needed that constant radio support for it to be a huge hit. 

ClariceStarling

"Yes! It should be on par with them! You all act like the type of promo Gaga did for MR is nothing. The GP had many opportunities to hear the song! Even more than the songs you mentioned. I get radio is a big player but you have to look at Gaga's promo as well."

"Even more than the songs you mentioned" (including Shape Of You). Let's take a look. 

Etc, etc, etc...

Just an example that YOU DON'T KNOW what you're talking about. 

Edonis
9 minutes ago, LateToCult2k17 said:

Mostly due to streaming, something that Gaga lacks severely. She's never been a streaming force and still has a lot of work to do if she ever wants to gain more in that department. But since you make next to no coins off of streamed music, I doubt she cares as much as her contemporaries :sis:

LateToCult
1 minute ago, Arturo said:

TWIL is clearly a massive song as a #1 should be. I'm trying to give you some perspective. What MR achieved can in no way be misconstrued as a commercial failure. It can't even be seen a mere "flop". It just doesn't work that way. Anyway, that's all I have to say.

I'm sorry but I'm not following what you're saying. I was trying to say that MR should by this point be as successful as the other songs you mentioned, but it's not. I think I misread your op

Edonis
1 minute ago, Quark said:

Radio is still the biggest factor for the success of the song. Also you keep ignoring the fact that Gaga released a song that is not urban, trap, or tropical house and that she is not one of the it artists anymore. For those reasons selling 1M plus in pure sales is a successes. Finally you keep saying that the GP did not like the song, but they clearly did as every time they heard it on TV people went out to buy it. And for the final time, it needed that constant radio support for it to be a huge hit. 

Added to the fact that sales are probably a stronger indicator of whether the public likes a song or not over streaming. But that's for a different discussion :laughga: 

• ChicaSkas locked this topic

Archived