question

Did Lana Really Diss Gaga?

getto

Featured Posts

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
freebit

I always feel like Lana got some sort of weird karma from that "they booed you in Williamsburg" line when all those indie music sites questioned her legitimacy when she debuted, as well as her subsequently bombing on SNL. :madge:  I feel like she probably understood Gaga far more after breaking through and receiving all criticisms that stardom brings. I do remember some journalist questioning her about this song back in 2013 or 14, and she had said that they had never even met, so it was always a one-sided beef, thus why it was probably easy to for them to make up.

1 hour ago, freebit said:

I always feel like Lana got some sort of weird karma from that "they booed you in Williamsburg" line when all those indie music sites questioned her legitimacy when she debuted, as well as her subsequently bombing on SNL. :madge:  I feel like she probably understood Gaga far more after breaking through and receiving all criticisms that stardom brings. I do remember some journalist questioning her about this song back in 2013 or 14, and she had said that they had never even met, so it was always a one-sided beef, thus why it was probably easy to for them to make up.

she payed pitchfork in 2010

ChavaWM

How did this song even come to be? Were they friends in the past? In the same circle?

Edit: nvm read the page before this one

FfFfFfFF
10 hours ago, PropaGaga said:

Lana was upset about the way Gaga fired Bob Leone (who was Lana's mentor at the time) and never paid him what he was owed for managing her for 6 months. In those 6 months, he booked tons of shows for her, which eventually led to him getting her to play for Wendy Starland, who then introduced Gaga to Rob Fusari, which led to recording the demos that got Gaga signed to Def Jam. At some point, Gaga's dad convinced her to fire Bob and to hire him as a manager instead. That was the last Bob heard from them. In 2010, after years of hardship, he tried selling Gaga's old demo CDs on eBay and her legal team put a stop to it and paid a settlement of $10,000 for everything he had, of which he only got to keep $6,000 of. He eventually lost his home and had to move in with his elderly mother. And that's why Lana wrote "So Legit".

What does ''verified'' mean and why do you have these information? 

tenor.gif

Perfume

So Legit is from 2008 / 2009 (neither has been confirmed) and was leaked by the same Tumblr blog (HawaiianTropicDark) that leaked songs like Daytona Meth, Hawaiian Tropic, Scarface, and many more in summer 2013. They were originally the ones to say they had a Gaga diss song, but no one believed them. Once it was leaked, it confused a lot of people as to how/why Lana would say things in the song that hadn't happened (yet.) We know Gaga and Lana were label-mates and one of her old boyfriends (Arthur Lynn, iirc) had connections to Gaga at the time. We speculate Gaga had a hand in his and Lana's breakup, but that's entirely unfounded. Possibly, [the label] decided to stick with Gaga, which is what caused Lana to get dropped from that particular label. I think a news site reached out to Lana's reps but got no word.. but I also remember Lana saying something about how it wasn't supposed to get out? Don't quote me on the last part though, I probably saw some fake news from long ago!

an angel held me like a child

Perfume
11 minutes ago, So Legit said:

So Legit is from 2008 / 2009 (neither has been confirmed) and was leaked by the same Tumblr blog (HawaiianTropicDark) that leaked songs like Daytona Meth, Hawaiian Tropic, Scarface, and many more in summer 2013. They were originally the ones to say they had a Gaga diss song, but no one believed them. Once it was leaked, it confused a lot of people as to how/why Lana would say things in the song that hadn't happened (yet.) We know Gaga and Lana were label-mates and one of her old boyfriends (Arthur Lynn, iirc) had connections to Gaga at the time. We speculate Gaga had a hand in his and Lana's breakup, but that's entirely unfounded. Possibly, [the label] decided to stick with Gaga, which is what caused Lana to get dropped from that particular label. I think a news site reached out to Lana's reps but got no word.. but I also remember Lana saying something about how it wasn't supposed to get out? Don't quote me on the last part though, I probably saw some fake news from long ago!

Another thing to note - Lana has confessed to making up entire situations for songs. One that comes to mind immediately are songs that have to do with Jimmy Gnecco (namely, the song literally titled 'Jimmy Gnecco') and it's been confirmed by Jimmy himself that he and Lana had never met prior to those songs containing his image and all of the situations she sung about had never happened. Lana only had some fan-girl crush for him and wrote about it. (Don't fret! - Him and Lana met for the first time in 2014.) And on another unrelated note... 'Jimmy Gnecco' was recorded in 2009 with her then boyfriend, Arthur Lynn. How awkward, don't you think?

Spoiler

CAfJqsZUYAA5E73.jpg (Lana posting her song 'Yayo' onto Jimmy's facebook in 2009!)

11ca73d6c3765ba21ec2cadce75b6253--lana-d

an angel held me like a child

CautiousLurker
On 07/09/2017 at 2:15 AM, Graffiti Heart said:

Why care? :laughga: 

I love Madonna and Gaga gor their work. I hated M in 2011 for what she did but I gave her a chance in 2015. That was the best decision I took that year :laughga:

Giving Madonna a chance was the best decision you made in that entire year? :toofunny:

techhausmonster
On 9/6/2017 at 7:37 PM, JeremiJello said:

2012 is years ago though?

This was before 2012. Lana's 'Born To Die' came out in 2012 but she spent four years making the album. Lana has also stated that the entire thing was a huge misunderstanding back in like 2013.

littlepotter
On 9/7/2017 at 2:44 AM, JeremiJello said:

because they posed together in 2015? i need more proof.

i know that they used to be friends though

need more proof for what? will it help you sleep better? not feel guilty when you listen to her music? :huh:

chaeri pls

5 hours ago, littlepotter said:

need more proof for what? will it help you sleep better? not feel guilty when you listen to her music? :huh:

then why don't we get over madonna? plus i don't really listen to lana.

lastly, why do people keep bumping my old threads?

littlepotter
1 hour ago, JeremiJello said:

then why don't we get over madonna? plus i don't really listen to lana.

lastly, why do people keep bumping my old threads?

... we did? :rip: most of this site is a fan of madonna, this isn't 2012 or atrl. we're mature here. check her position in the artist rate, and the countless megarates for her albums which are all successes

chaeri pls

Regina George
On 9/7/2017 at 11:30 PM, SpaceJam said:

yeah I am not posting it tho

:awkney: yea sure

Archived