💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What Can We do as a Fan Base?

Ken Zahn

Featured Posts

Letmelivemylife
5 hours ago, bobbby said:

I mean I get that and almost everyone on here has a version of that story but imagine strangers telling you stuff like this all the time. Obviously she has empathy and really cares and when Jamey died years ago that really impacted her but the more and more people tell her this stuff the heavier and heavier it becomes. When I met her at the Dive Bar she was just trying to have a beer and hold everyone's hand in between signing albums and everyone still was trying to tell her stuff like this—I felt horrible for her, I can't imagine what that's like that weight to carry 

I totally get where you're coming from. Sometimes she just wants to laugh and hang out with her monsters but that's tough to do when "baggage" enters the picture

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Schwerk

There will always be naive, disrespectful 'Monsters' out there that never seem to get the basics of decent human interaction. But in case they do want to listen:

Not talk trash about her or demand things from her. 

Respect her and her family's privacy and not wait at her appartment in NYC or visit her property in Malibu.

Look her in the eye when you meet her, don't scream in her face, don't push your camera in her face, touch or grab her.

Actually listen to her and try to understand her.

Don't throw stuff on her stage when she has made clear it's not safe and it will be tossed aside.

Treat other fans with respect, don't act like you're better than any of them and don't cut in line.

Gaga will always have a close relationship with her fans, it will just be expressed differently. Also I feel if she ever has a child, she won't be close with us anymore, only through her work.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Guest ARTPOPSlays
9 hours ago, GypsyBabe said:

:hug:

Its really true though. The average person does not enjoy being chased, grabbed at, screamed at, being told they are a failure, being told that they are not as good as someone else, being told that they used to be better, that their boyfriend is disgusting, their album sucks, they've lost their vision, starring in a movie is dumb, their face looks messed up, and having people unload their problems on them like emotional vampires. 

Criticism is important when discussing art, but there is a way to do it appropriately. 

We really need to be kinder as a fanbase towards her and towards eachother. I had a wonderful experience at the Boston show on Friday. It was my first Gaga concert and my first physical interaction with her fans in a large group. And WOW, everyone was so nice, accepting, fun, and kind to one another. You could feel it in the air. My sister and I were there barely an hour and made a bunch of friends. That is truly what this fanbase is about. 

I love the point you made! I also went to the Boston show on Friday and I met so many great people

Reality
7 hours ago, bobbby said:

I'm sorry and I really don't mean to delegitimize you're emotions and reality, because I know the impact that she and her music has had on so many of us. I'm just saying I think it's completely and absolutely inappropriate to tell someone that. Regardless of the impact she's had, I'd easily estimate when she's on a promo/concert tour she meets dozens a fans a week that tell her that she is the sole reason they didn't end their lives. That is quite literally the single biggest piece of pressure you can put on another human being—that they are the reason you are alive...full stop. I think it's just unfair to say that to her, however true it may be. Saying you love her etc is whatever but saying that you are alive because of her creates this burden that no single human should ever have to bear. She isn't a therapist and has so much of her own stuff—for her to feel like if she makes one wrong turn or does one thing different that her fans might literally die...it makes me feel terrible for her.

I just think there's a place where she can me thanked in a heartfelt way—but in these hundreds of short interactions she has...I don't think it needs to be heavy like that. Emotional, sure, but to add to her guilt and  responsibility isn't okay. 

I don't mean to be rude or disrespectful in any way, but I just don't think she thinks of it that way. I think that she'd be proud that she's helped so many other people. Born This Way really helped me, and it really helped a whole bunch of other people, and she knows that full and well.

That was the purpose and the message behind Born This Way. She knew by releasing an album like that, she would be able to help other people, and she achieved that goal. Of course, I cannot speak for Gaga, but I personally don't believe that she would see that as a burden.

She's always been about helping other people, that's why she created the Born This Way Foundation. I don't think she sees it as "If I do the wrong thing, they might die," because as a fan, if you just straight-up leave her just because she does something trivial, then you're in the wrong, not her. 

🃏🖤👹

4 hours ago, M Monstre said:

I don't mean to be rude or disrespectful in any way, but I just don't think she thinks of it that way. I think that she'd be proud that she's helped so many other people. Born This Way really helped me, and it really helped a whole bunch of other people, and she knows that full and well.

That was the purpose and the message behind Born This Way. She knew by releasing an album like that, she would be able to help other people, and she achieved that goal. Of course, I cannot speak for Gaga, but I personally don't believe that she would see that as a burden.

She's always been about helping other people, that's why she created the Born This Way Foundation. I don't think she sees it as "If I do the wrong thing, they might die," because as a fan, if you just straight-up leave her just because she does something trivial, then you're in the wrong, not her. 

You could be right, but we'll never know. I'm just saying at this point she's well aware of her impact and tries to help whoever she can through BTWF but I just think it's so incredibly unfair to her for fans to unload all of their trauma on to her when they're with her for often less than a minute. Regardless of intention or her empathy it's impossible for her to leave those interactions without being impacted and it's just frustrating to me—do Monsters really want Gaga to be in a constant state of depression?  

Used to be on here as broadwaybobby in TFM era

gagasgirl
18 hours ago, bobbby said:

I don't want this to sound sarcastic, but just less across the board. The idol worship

This is really eye-opening. I've thought about this before and it makes sense. Gaga has definitely helped all of us, but I think people forget to give credit to themselves. For a while, I thought it was only Gaga that kept me going (I was bullied) but it was the support of friends, family and myself. Gaga played a big part but so did other things. 

On another note, I think the people who follow her everywhere (talking about both paparazzi and fans) need to stop. Chasing after her and screaming at her isn't helping. Of course, everyone wants a picture or an autograph, but some people take it to a whole other level. 

2/21/11 & 2/22/11 MSG

bumblebee

It seems that the only thing we can do is to create some sort of Codex of Gaga Fans, where we would try to summarize the guidelines and advice on the most appropriate behaviour regarding meeting Gaga at concerts, at hotels, at parking lots, etc. How to always keep in mind that she is a human being, that the hotel where she stays has some other guests, too, and how it is important to remember to act respectful and not fight other monsters for autographs, for example. 

We shall try and spread this Codex, but there is little chance many fans will follow it. We can contribute to creating a healthier media environment on her online platforms, but it is impossible to take all the toxic stans off her twitter and instagram comments.  

ChicaSkas

I read through the hidden thread. it makes me so sad. 

No wonder I went through so much security.

I feel sad we only had 5 (or in my case 15) seconds with her, I feel so sad that some a$$h*le fans who assaulted her spoiled her innocence for the rest of us. :(

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Esteban

- Enjoy her music and her vision of art. Her as an artist :tony:

- Don't act like if we knew her or were close to her, because its not true. All she allows us to see is her public image, she can be sincere though without revealing all of her. Some monsters have to understand that. :trollga:

- Respect her as a human, no more no less, she is not an object but she is not a goddess (sorry :lolga: )

- Don't act like hysterics in her presence :grr:

- Stop thinking for her :duck:

So don't trying to be liked by her because a human relationship is not virtual, this is just a perfect illusion! :poot:

Ken Zahn
8 hours ago, ARTPOPSlays said:

I think the message of Joanne is finally coming through :wub:

IKR!! i made this thread to spread positivity which is what joanne wanted to do :hug:

I'm a huntie and y'all should be one too 😉

Ken Zahn
2 hours ago, Esteban said:

- Enjoy her music and her vision of art. Her as an artist :tony:

- Don't act like if we knew her or were close to her, because its not true. All she allows us to see is her public image, she can be sincere though without revealing all of her. Some monsters have to understand that. :trollga:

- Respect her as a human, no more no less, she is not an object but she is not a goddess (sorry :lolga: )

- Don't act like hysterics in her presence :grr:

- Stop thinking for her :duck:

So don't trying to be liked by her because a human relationship is not virtual, this is just a perfect illusion! :poot:

:ladyhaha: thats true tho lol

Ken Zahn
2 hours ago, ChicaSkas said:

I read through the hidden thread. it makes me so sad. 

No wonder I went through so much security.

I feel sad we only had 5 (or in my case 15) seconds with her, I feel so sad that some a$$h*le fans who assaulted her spoiled her innocence for the rest of us. :(

yeah, its sad a couple of peoples stupid decision affected thousands of people, but that's kind of how life works i'm afraid!!:( the people on this thread have been coming up with great things we can do to maybe bring that trust back from her!!:hug:

Archived