opinion

Too much negativity

JoanneMonster

Featured Posts

bumblebee
16 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

Following a pop star should be fun

:poot:

Following Gaga has been a roller coaster ever since 2011, but a beneficial one :kara:

I'd love to add to the OP that it was brave of you to talk about your feelings and I think that while you need to do what is best for your mental position, you should always keep in mind that here we can always talk about it, share feeling and provide cheers to each other 

so I hope with the new dawn you have a fresher mind and see things in a more positive way :kara:

billionreasons

The internet can be an icky place sometimes. Some people get worked up and split hairs over just about anything on here. That goes for just about any website or forum. The best thing you can do is to ignore them, keep your head up, spread positivity, and don't ever sink to their level of bitterness. Do that and you'll make the internet, and this forum, better in your own little way. Don't let the bad apples scare you away! 

Nothing will top the Million Reasons video release day. We were dragging her like there's no tomorrow.:green:

edit: I missed the thread about fans outside her hotel and I'm glad there's people that made what I was missing happen but my point stands.

I know that this might sound communist but if this was 2010 and a cancellation like this one happened there would be a "Get well soon project" thread to quickly put together videos of fans comforting her or "One-of tour moments appreciation" threads or "Montreal monsters unite" to find her address and sing Million Reasons on the street. concerning the documentary, there would be threads like "Questions you want answered in 5F2" and not rumors about her confessing Luc got her into heroin. there also wouldn't be a ton of threads bashing her every time a pop girl releases another mediocre song or video. 

it is depressing. she had a 70s style following... so what happened? if they think Gaga's recent work sucks so much and she's just this bitch from New York that better "slay" next time, why would they spend so much time here? are they so obsessed with sex and entertainment that they forget they're not here to be shady or thirsty but to experience a sense of community? there's nothing wrong with humor and exploring your sexuality but some people here act as if Gaga's work is found next to dildos and wigs at a sex shop and is experienced only masturbatorially. 

she used to be a lifestyle, remember? THE fame? being cynical and a romantic at the same time? being unapologetic yet grounded? being the yin and the yang? seeking people's truth? their bad romance, their teeth? do they not see who they follow?

the dissonance between an artist and their fan base is rarely this obvious and ugly.

...not to mention all of those clueless gossipy politics threads that started with the US media being biased af (which is obvious to the rest of the world but oh well) ....are those an indication that it's just the age we live in that makes people disconnect from the true purpose of socializing? is this nothing more than an echo chamber for needy sexually frustrated pop fans?

I know it is, but I wish it wasn't. but that's just me... and a few other people... and Gaga.

Modern Ecstasy2
1 hour ago, Why am I on GGD said:

Following a pop star should be fun

Yes. But in addition to being a pop star, she is also a person, one who has been through a lot in her life, especially over the past 7 years. Her life is a roller coaster and I think as fans we should be here supporting Gaga through everything she experiences, the good, the bad, the fun, and the not-so-fun. Because we love her. :reductive:

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

1 hour ago, Drin Lon said:

I think OP is talking about the rumours about the doc. The 2012 part, if true, really messed me up 

Same. It's not nice to play with people's emotions like that. :cryga: But we'll see soon if there was any truth to it.

Until the end of ARTPOP, I remember having only ever kept my love of Gaga to myself and close friends. I was never a part of "stan Twitter" or had registered on here or anything like that. I seen everyone's thoughts and Gaga from a very personal, out-of-the-way perspective.

I'll never forget, the first time I got involved, some guy randomly tweeted me and said they liked me so much I could use their avatar and header set they had, and so I did out of kindness, and the next day I had a platoon of Gaga fans dissing me for "stealing" their set.

Made me wanna close my computer and just head back to loving Gaga from my own bubble. :cryga:

bannedT for life and it's SAD

Archived