Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga was a fish in TEOG original video

NewYorkCity

Featured Posts

Last night I'm pretty sure what Gaga meant was that the original TEOG video WAS what she wanted to do. She would not have planned a huge video shoot if it wasn't the concept she had in mind. It seems she just didn't agree with Kahn's point of view. So she scrapped it and just used footage in the NYC set that was going to be in the video anyway. The final product is a rebellion of sorts.

Seeing how he behaves with TS, I bet Kahn was on set talking about breaking VEVO records and creating the next Gaga~ Bad-Romance-viral-hit~, and Gaga was just not into that. I doubt we'll ever really know the full story though. Glad Gaga sticks to her guns, even if it means not being on top all the time.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Censored said:

I am very well aware of what she's done. And the two* truly impactful things she did were fighting for LGBT rights with BTW and shedding some more awarence for the fight against rape with TIHTY. You can tweet or give interviews showing support or whatever as much as you want, if people don't care, it might as well be nothing. :emma:

Like, I know this is Gaga's own fansite but I feel sorry that some of y'all are so delusional that you have to keep riding her past success and impact. :emma:

Gaga may not be as big as she was but she's still one of the most successful woman in the music industry, I don't know why you talked like she has no impact at all.:emma:

And let's be honest, Taylor will never stand up for minority's rights like gaga,

I love Taylor but  she's more like a businesswoman, she knows how to exploit those drama and gossips and that's why she's successful, Gaga is not that kind of girl.

Kulture Kiari
1 hour ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

I don't hate TEOG video we got but I'm not gonna sit here and pretend I wasn't excited for the video I THOT we were gonna get :neyde:

I rememeber I was lurking GGD back then and the rumors of what the video was gonna be were just :giveup:

My bf at the time and I had gone over to our friends house and I had hyped the video up so hard, my friends daughter was dressed as a mermaid because she loved Gaga too and we were all drinking and when the video premiered we just kinda sat there like..... 

and THEN idk if y'all rememeber it premiering during SYTYCD but it got cut off about half way through. It was devastating to say the least. 

But I've come to appreciate the video for what it is. 

Yaaaaas! I remember it was during my first job working at McdDonalds when it premiered. Prior to this, I kept lurking on twitter and saw all the leaked "info", mermaids and all that. I was in the freezer getting out chicken fillets when I was like "Eff this job! Ima see what the buzz is on twitter on this video." And all i kept seeing was shiz like "What was that Gagz? :( " and later boomkack tweeting that in her mind the Google Commercial is teog official music video. 

But like u, i got into the eofg later on, minus the errors that are obvious, but yeah. . . :selena:

Wow a lot of people are only intresent in getting number one album, breaking streaming records, youtube views... Yes Gaga isn't "powerful " as she used to be and i personaly don't care about her albums sales etc. If she puts on an album/song and i like it, i still continue to listen to her music. I remember when everyone was bashing Joanne te be an indie/ country album and it wasn't. Love the album (except Hey Girl):bon: the only thing that i don't like is the album design . :poot:  If you like someone's music you don't care about sales and other relevant stuff. Stop comparing artist that don't have anything incommon.:derpga:

8 minutes ago, GABEL said:

Gaga may not be as big as she was but she's still one of the most successful woman in the music industry, I don't know why you talked like she has no impact at all.:emma:

And let's be honest, Taylor will never stand up for minority's rights like gaga,

I love Taylor but  she's more like a businesswoman, she knows how to exploit those drama and gossips and that's why she's successful, Gaga is not that kind of girl.

Well, people just keep pitting her against names like Tay or whatever and saying she is as successful or more, when it's simply not true, and they hate when they are proven wrong. I love Gaga but I can draw a line between being supportive and biased.

Though tbh, how did she impact anyone with Joanne? Since about AP, you could say DWUW's sound set a trend as well as mostly everyone went for a more "artsy" direction (I guess :selena:).

She is a smart woman. And Kimye, Katy started **** about her, unfair imo, and she jabbed back but she combined it with a comeback. I don't see how her song isn't authentic though... If something isn't about "love and acceptance" or a "sad story" doesn't mean it's inauthentic...

it wasn't laaaahv

FfFfFfFF
29 minutes ago, Drin Lon said:

Red was Taylor's first WW era. 

Still she didn't chart in my country.

21175935_1393224077464101_187382118_n.gi

RAMROD

So nostalgic tbh :diane:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

1 minute ago, Censored said:

Yes, she needed good directors, better management and she hasn't been doing as well as she used to do since AP.

If you are a fan of metal or rock of course you will be biased on that part, but it is no achievement. :poot: And yes, the talent talk again, nobody denied she has it.

I don't understand the strip down part though... LWYMMD was breaking records before the video came out, and then it broke some more.

It's no achievement to you, it's an achievement to most people who listen to more than what's currently popular on the radio.

She's respected among Jazz fans. She's a versatile artist, it's important to be taken seriously as a musician and not just a product or a pretty pop star, as many in the industry are just that.

About stripping down comment...

Well Taylor's used the popular hook from the 90s: 

"I'm Too Sexy" is the debut song by British group Right Said Fred. The single peaked at number two on the UK Singles Chart. Outside the United Kingdom, "I'm Too Sexy" topped the charts in six countries, including Australia, Ireland, and the United States."

so it's not surprise a comeback single with familiar melody like that would perform well, but how long it would actually last without a controversial expensive looking video? We can speculate on that, but vocally and lyrically it isn't so groundbreaking, is it? It's a diss track.

TEOG was Gaga's third single from BTW, with "boring video", it still managed to get top 3 and platinum sales. And I'm not even fan of the song. :neyde:

All she needs is her talent and the street, she's right about that; she's doing great, don't worry about her.

FreePalestine

5 minutes ago, Censored said:

Well, people just keep pitting her against names like Tay or whatever and saying she is as successful or more, when it's simply not true, and they hate when they are proven wrong. I love Gaga but I can draw a line between being supportive and biased.

Though tbh, how did she impact anyone with Joanne? Since about AP, you could say DWUW's sound set a trend as well as mostly everyone went for a more "artsy" direction (I guess :selena:).

She is a smart woman. And Kimye, Katy started **** about her, unfair imo, and she jabbed back but she combined it with a comeback. I don't see how her song isn't authentic though... If something isn't about "love and acceptance" or a "sad story" doesn't mean it's inauthentic...

Taylor is more successful than Gaga at this point, that's true . No need to deny it

My point is you shouldn't ask gaga to do the same thing taylor do, that's not the way for gaga to go.

SlayGagaloo
43 minutes ago, Censored said:

A group of people out of 7B. What a worldwide icon. :deadbanana:

Literally stfu :neyde:

Over.

Tan Fei
19 minutes ago, Censored said:

do u think in this age , that high budget quality video will be as successful without controversies n drama ? 

2 minutes ago, lego said:

It's no achievement to you, it's an achievement to most people who listen to more than what's currently popular on the radio.

She's respected among Jazz fans. She's a versatile artist, it's important to be taken seriously as a musician and not just a product or a pretty pop star, as many in the industry are just that.

About stripping down comment...

Well Taylor's used the popular hook from the 90s: 

"I'm Too Sexy" is the debut song by British group Right Said Fred. The single peaked at number two on the UK Singles Chart. Outside the United Kingdom, "I'm Too Sexy" topped the charts in six countries, including Australia, Ireland, and the United States."

so it's not surprise a comeback single with familiar melody like that would perform well, but how long it would actually last without a controversial expensive looking video? We can speculate on that, but vocally and lyrically it isn't so groundbreaking, is it? It's a diss track.

TEOG was Gaga's third single from BTW, with "boring video", it still managed to get top 3 and platinum sales. And I'm not even fan of the song. :neyde:

All she needs is her talent and the street, she's right about that; she's doing great, don't worry about her.

You and me have had a similar discussion before, where you wrongly assumed I listen to only what's popular on the radio, and I proved you wrong about that.

Her being respected by artists/fans from a specific genre is an achievement for fans that like those genres. It's subjective. And artists/fans respect TS too. Mostly everyone holds her to a high standard when it comes to songwriting (even tho I personally find it cheesy).

Isn't half of TFM full of samples by older songs though... I'm pretty sure that Gaga has had her fair share of sampling.

How long can be anyone's guess, though what is more likely is for quite long since judging by TS previous chart runs, she can be very successful.

Top 3 and if I remember correctly it almost free fell after. :air:

Eh, what is great to you is also subjective, if you are content with less, good for you. I personally want my fave to go back to making amazing visuals, what made her famous to begin with, and amazing songs and being on top of the world again.

it wasn't laaaahv

7 minutes ago, SlayGagaloo said:

Literally stfu :neyde:

Um, no? And who tf are you to tell me that anyway.

it wasn't laaaahv

SEANGT
2 hours ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

I don't hate TEOG video we got but I'm not gonna sit here and pretend I wasn't excited for the video I THOT we were gonna get :neyde:

I rememeber I was lurking GGD back then and the rumors of what the video was gonna be were just :giveup:

My bf at the time and I had gone over to our friends house and I had hyped the video up so hard, my friends daughter was dressed as a mermaid because she loved Gaga too and we were all drinking and when the video premiered we just kinda sat there like..... 

and THEN idk if y'all rememeber it premiering during SYTYCD but it got cut off about half way through. It was devastating to say the least. 

But I've come to appreciate the video for what it is. 

this is too real. I had people over when it got released and I hyped them up based on the leaked set images and then it started and i kept waiting for it to change into something different and it never did. I was soooo embarrassed lmao. But I appreciate the video now too. 

SlayGagaloo
2 minutes ago, Censored said:

Isn't half of TFM full of samples by older songs though...

Top 3 and if I remember correctly it almost free fell after. :air:

Lol What? 

And 11 Weeks in the Top 10 thank you 

Over.

Archived