Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Will Gaga ever have re-peak? ( History of Lady Gaga)

LaBlue

Featured Posts

Gagadonna
4 hours ago, VforVendetta said:

The drama started since BTW, not since ARTPOP though. :nails:

It started with Alejandro tbh... BTW just did not help, nor ARTPOP 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monsterdino
4 hours ago, Sassy Eros said:

ARTPOP had Applause being moderate hit and DWUW and G.U.Y charting badly...

Gaga just gave up after all this drama and instead wanted to get her reputation back.She made Cheek To Cheek

Having just two singles didn't stop her from getting another Grammy

giphy.gif

Then Joanne came,album inspired by her aunt.It was personal.

Album debuted with 200k + sales at no.1,making it her 4th number 1 and also had just 2 singles Perfect Illusion and Million Reasons.

PI did terribly,but thanks to SuperBowl Gaga got Million Reasons peak at no.4 in the US.She also had The Cure doing ok.

"Perfect Illusion did terribly" - *charts at #15*

"The Cure doing ok" - *charts #39*

and DWUW was actually a big hit in USA, it could've easily reached top 3 with a video

Drin Lon

Well repeak would mean to have the TF/TFM impact again and that would be almost impossible :lana:

But I think she can definitely pull one or more than one even:lolly: type of BTW eras again. It's up to her and her team honestly. The public is here for her rn and if Gaga cares even slightly about her music career, the next era needs to be more successful than both Joanne and ARTPOP and I know she can 100% do it.

1 hour ago, belindaidolos said:

She will if:

1. She date someone famous and break up with him. 

2. Make a whole album about her ex boyfriends (they have to be famous)

3. Fight with other celebrities. Write songs about it.

I think Gaga needs to be more near with the showbiz. People need to be talking about it.

Since they don't talk about her clothes anymore, they have to talk about her boyfriends and industry enemies. Like taylor did.

4. legally change her name to Stefani Joanne Angelina Taylor Swift Germanotta

ok my hunties gather around and let the spillage begin :tea:

the past years miss gaga has mainly been toned down, c2c & joanne, it felt like she wanted to go back to her roots! im pretty sure all of u remember how tony helped her not quit music. i think she kind of enjoyed it you know? but after the superbowl & coachella i feel like something changed inside of her, notice how she is more extra with her outfits? how she uses older music? (the 'dont call me gaga' lyric from monster, how she sang teeth and many other old bops at coachella :hor:) its like these great events reminded her why she wanted to be famous at the first place, how it feels to have the gp worship you again.

i mean the gp has mostly nice things to say about gags events & tour :stalkga: also its undeniable she is way "crazier/darker" lately, plus the concept about being dark was the first concept of LG5 :nails: now all these bring us to the cure, i was pretty confused like ur in the middle of promoting (at least trying to :toofunny: ) your album, why would you release a new single? is it a new era? is something coming? a sickening video?? :gum: i was so hyped!! and then came nothing :smh: till recently when it hit me, what if gaga was testing the waters? what if she was just checking out wether she's still "commercial"? i mean the song was pretty generic, and totally not gaga :bon:

long story short i think gaga really wants to sit her pretty peach ass back on that throne, and if she does the right things she probably will, the way i see it the odds are in her favor! i'm not scared of the gp, she's really #that bitch, she can make bops, she can be commercial! it's literally up to her, just like she said in her debut album "you can literally choose to be famous". that's all :classy:

Reality

No, I don't think that she will every re-peak, but I think that's okay. She was mega, mega, mega successful during TF/TFM and BTW, and it's only natural for artists to fall off at some point.

She's still a household name, and even though she may not "doing as well" as she did in TF/TFM and BTW, I'd argue that she's in a fantastic place right now. Sure, she's not Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande, Beyonce, and Rihanna in terms of her ultimate relevance in the music industry today, but she's a legend in and of itself and she's ultimately not as polarizing as she once was, which is a good thing because then she's able to ring in a lot of other people who may not have been fans before.

I'm thankful for Joanne because I think it's something that Gaga really need, and because it's one of my favorite albums from her, along with Born This Way, but she's also reinvented her imagine into someone who's just an amazingly talented and wonderful person. This album along with the Super Bowl helped to bring her into a more open light, meaning that more people were interested in her because of her talent and because she was just a genuine and amazing artist.

I think if she really, really wanted to get the charts she definitely can. I mean, look at The Cure. Sure, it's not doing absolutely fantastic, but the fact that it had no promo whatsoever, and it still charted for a good amount of time says that if she wants to, she can definitely do so.

That being said, I'm not expecting her to, nor should anyone else. Yes, the charts are important from a business standpoint, and of course we want her to succeed because she's just so awesome, but at the same time, let's not pull our hair out because she not 'immediately #1'.

🃏🖤👹

giskardsb

This entire "turnaround" you all are so happy with happened without relying on a particular niche in modern pop music.  Why should she go back to doing that again?

I think she is setting up for the long term.... do music that is not niche oriented and applicable to people of all ages.   She is doing great at gaining a more inclusive fanbase, and I see no reason why that shouldn't continue as she becomes the all around song/screen/stage threat that she is obviously going for.  Gaga is becoming a national treasure for everyone, not just a niche pop star.

Pop star is too small a box for her to be in, no matter how lucrative it may be.  Success for Stefani Germanotta is more than just her position on the Forbes list, or being considered the "queen" of pop music.

zakariah

Nahh, don't think she will ever re-peak. At most, she'll get like 1 hit per era in the future, like Joanne. But at least her reputation is getting better & more people are starting to love her now.

Chromatislaps

she won't sell millions anymore, since albums sales are basically dead :awkney: I hope she becomes a streaming artist tho :giveup: 

Modern Ecstasy2

Longevity is much more important to me personally than her re-peaking, which I don't believe she will. As long as she is here for the long haul, I'M GOOD!

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

Space Cowboy
4 hours ago, giskardsb said:

This entire "turnaround" you all are so happy with happened without relying on a particular niche in modern pop music.  Why should she go back to doing that again?

I think she is setting up for the long term.... do music that is not niche oriented and applicable to people of all ages.   She is doing great at gaining a more inclusive fanbase, and I see no reason why that shouldn't continue as she becomes the all around song/screen/stage threat that she is obviously going for.  Gaga is becoming a national treasure for everyone, not just a niche pop star.

Pop star is too small a box for her to be in, no matter how lucrative it may be.  Success for Stefani Germanotta is more than just her position on the Forbes list, or being considered the "queen" of pop music.

^

Ziggy

Re-peak, sure. It just won't be as high a peak as before as that isn't really possible given the changed music industry climate. She's still doing stuff I'm into, though, so I'm not complaining.

Archived